DOA 5 Last Round NOW supports fightsticks for Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zyzzyva

I had to make an account and post here, just to state what an embarrassment it is that Team Ninja released an arcade fighter that doesn't recognize sticks. Aside from stating on their twitter on Tuesday that the MadCatz TE doesn't work, there has been nothing else about an ETA, or even if it's possible, to fix this.

I have both an XB1 and PS4, and decided to download the full game on XB, because I wanted to get more games for my KI sick, seeing how I have been playing GG Xrd on my PS4, and will be getting SFV down the line. I figured it was smart to spread the wealth around my two systems. Of course, it is now apparent that I made the wrong choice.

While I have downloaded the core fighters to test out on PS4, none my favorite characters are unlocked, so I'm already getting bored. I am not going to shell out another $30 for a game that is sitting on my XB1 hard drive. If this is something that will be fixed next week, I can wait, but if this is a month long fix, I'd rather get a refund from Microsoft and just buy it on the PS4, so I can start getting in some practice with my characters.

Either way there needs to be more communication from Team Ninja. I understand by looking at their twitter and other message boards that there are currently many other problems with this game, but not having arcade sticks working is embarrassing, and should be priority number one.

I had to make an account and post here, just to state what an embarrassment it is that Team Ninja released an arcade fighter that doesn't recognize sticks. Aside from stating on their twitter on Tuesday that the MadCatz TE doesn't work, there has been nothing else about an ETA, or even if it's possible, to fix this.

I have both an XB1 and PS4, and decided to download the full game on XB, because I wanted to get more games for my KI sick, seeing how I have been playing GG Xrd on my PS4, and will be getting SFV down the line. I figured it was smart to spread the wealth around my two systems. Of course, it is now apparent that I made the wrong choice.

While I have downloaded the core fighters to test out on PS4, none my favorite characters are unlocked, so I'm already getting bored. I am not going to shell out another $30 for a game that is sitting on my XB1 hard drive. If this is something that will be fixed next week, I can wait, but if this is a month long fix, I'd rather get a refund from Microsoft and just buy it on the PS4, so I can start getting in some practice with my characters.

Either way there needs to be more communication from Team Ninja. I understand by looking at their twitter and other message boards that there are currently many other problems with this game, but not having arcade sticks working is embarrassing, and should be priority number one.

Can't disagree with anything said here. I'm in the same boat except most of my friends are on Xbox so playing on ps4 is only for a few friends. I'm Hoping were hear something from them on this and other issues soon.

Martin

It's seriously bad how much is wrong with this latest installment, and it's not as if there was so much new content that they had their plate full and couldn't test out all the kinks. It's embarrassing that Team Ninja can put their name to such a badly planned product.

d3v

It's seriously bad how much is wrong with this latest installment, and it's not as if there was so much new content that they had their plate full and couldn't test out all the kinks. It's embarrassing that Team Ninja can put their name to such a badly planned product.
Because this was a thing that you previously did not have to test for at all in other consoles. Only the XBox One has this asinine requirement that a game allow specific controllers.

Every other console prior to this, PS4, PS3, XBox 360, PS1, Saturn, SNES, Genesis, etc. as long a controller was recognized by the system, it would work automatically with any game plugged in.

I noticed that Team Ninja has added this as a known issue on their FAQ list and that they are talking to Micorsoft to resolve it. So hopefully this will be solved soon.

d3v

Can anyone here with an XBOne TE 2 confirm whether or not their stick works on any other game that isn't Killer Instinct?

We're trying to corroborate reports that the stick only does work with KI, which would give insight into how the XBox One handles peripherals differently.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Can anyone here with an XBOne TE 2 confirm whether or not their stick works on any other game that isn't Killer Instinct?

We're trying to corroborate reports that the stick only does work with KI, which would give insight into how the XBox One handles peripherals differently.
I've tried most and only the Xbox home button works in the vast majority. Think it works in Divekick.

I tested several games a few moments ago and nothing worked from #IDARB Super Timeforce and Forza Horizons 2 I could not get past the title screen.

Also I went to Xbox feedback and posted this link and I urge everyone to go there and vote for it. It is an address to make the fightsticks Madcatz, Hori and Rasor all function as regular controlers so that this issues does not happen again with this and other upcoming games.

Add a comment if you want to the vote but please vote on it at least. Microsoft has been very good and taking advice from the community on fixing issues with the Xbox One.

http://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/25...fightsticks-register-as-regular-controllers-o

Reactions: d3v

d3v

I've tried most and only the Xbox home button works in the vast majority. Think it works in Divekick.
Got a reply from Delriach from IG, and they said that Divekick almost didn't work with sticks, until they decided to test. They also decided to test it with two stick just in case.

On a related note, MarkMan from MadCatz has already stated that they've communicated this info to other companies such as ArcSys to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Again, it seems like this and future games will be coded (at this time) on a controller by controller scenario. Sucks that DOA5 LR was the guinea pig for it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD