DOA art

synce

Meh. It would just be starring the ninjas, and only cameo the rest of the cast if we were lucky. I'll pass.

No it would just be panty shots of the girls :) Or it would be starring Marie and Honoka and they do nothing for the whole show but act CHOU KAWAIIIIIII UGUUUUU ^_________^

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I thought this thread was about posting fanart? ;)

Anyways, I've found more art for Honoka.
Source: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=48508764
48508764_p0.jpg

Kronin

This is a pretty original DoA fanart from the usual, awesome work @MATSUKAZE! Did you get inspiration from the official schemes of the Doa4 stages?

TOMA SAN

Standard Donor
@Kronin thanks ;)
no i just launch the game DOA5U and i draw that i see, i never play to doa4 because i begin to play doa series since otcober 2013.
i draw this "layout" for understand how i need to move in stage and what kind of strategy i use to keep my opponent i the worst situation for him.
i play only rig and rig is very strong in this map with his orbital launcher, so i understand that if you break the wall on the left your opponent have just 1 luck to go out is better.
if you break the wall to the right its 4 luck to go out so my goal its to keep the opponent inside and do a strong pressing on him, so on the first position i take the wall on the left ;)

i do myself this "layout" because i dont find a official draw / layout of the stage :(

Kronin

Thanks for the explanation @MATSUKAZE , it's pretty nice to see that you found a way to implement yout drawing skills just with the gameplay side of the game!

i do myself this "layout" because i dont find a official draw / layout of the stage :(

Indeed when I mentioned DoA4 I was believing that you created this layout inspired from the official ones of the stages for that level (you can find them here: http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/all-doa4-stages-data.4934/).

Not sure if schemes of the stages from DoA5/5U are included in some official guide of the games.

Last edited:

TOMA SAN

Standard Donor
oh thanks @Kronin :)
this is cool i like how he show the "slip zone" i hope find the way to draw the slopes zone because its a mater to me, i m drawing the stage for haunting lorelei and in some level they are lot of slopes.
if you know where i can find other official from doa4 i want it :)
i like the way that he draw with just line the stage but here my intention is to help with color and more details the reader to find the information

Last edited:

TOMA SAN

Standard Donor
here i draw the map TIGER, in fact lot of people in france think this map is not good for competition because they think its too difficult to know when the tiger appear.

i think its a very good and technical map, and if one of both players know how do a good use of this stage he can win easy the round. because they exist a few rules to make appear the tiger

the tiger appear in 2 situation :
(here my stage design : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/01/1419922926-tigre.jpg )
- 1 -
if you do a wall splat on his box, he go out and give you a launcher

- 2 -
if you activate the SHOW TIME button, the trainer says SHOW TIME and its now possible to see tiger go out their box.

BUT !!
- if the camera dont show an tiger, tiger dont go out. (case 2 )
- the first tiger to go out, its the first tiger showing by the camera (case 1 )
- the trainer give always the order to the tiger to go at the far destination to you
- often the tiger have 3 possibility but in some case he have only 2 possibility
- every tiger have a name, (anton-mike)
- when the trainer heads an tigers he says : name of tiger + ready go !!
- you can see the direction of the tiger a few second before he go out, you just need to look the light on the ground
- when you start the fight the floodlight are on the two players
- when you activate the SHOW TIME button, the floodlight are on the two tiger
- when the trainer finish his show the floodlight come back on the two players
- tigers can go out maximum 5 times when you activate the SHOW TIME button, but if the camera dont see often tiger its can possible to see only 1 - 2 - 3 or 4 times.

so if the player know all rules, he know the tiger show isnt random, but just very technical and intense

i want know your opinion - think on this stage . what do you think ?

and just to finish, for me its very easy to never see tiger, just need to know how move good, and where you need to go, move. in my stage design you can see they are
- 2 wall very dangerous because very close of the tiger
- 1 wall safe (no show time button)
- 1 wall semi-safe (show ime button but too far of the light)

just forget two thing very important to draw, to showing this stage give the same chance / luck for the two players.
- when the fight start, the camera show the two tiger
- when the fight start players have same luck to win

tigre 2.jpg

Kronin

First of all MATSUKAZE sorry for having wrong bad your user name in my previous post, I had to to be lost in thought. Now I fixed it.

In second place I think that you made an extremely great work in depicting all the conditions of the Tiger Show stage, honestly you pointed more things that I've ever discovered since the release of DoA5 (beside the obviious tigers being called out after pressing the "showtime" button and then following the light path on the floor), so again thanks for your work.

By the way even without knowing all these rules, I always naturally felt to not be never got unprepared from the tigers, as the stage seemed to me do a good work for keeping everything fair and advicing in time the players (that so, if hit from the tigers, is uniquely for a fault of himself). In the end I always found this stage one fo the best of DoA5 for fun and design, even if I don't know how much people agree with me XD

If you want the example of a similar stage realized badly, is the DoA4's Gambler Paradise. Not sure if you know the level, it was setted on a street whit cars passing where the players were fighting, cars that could be avoided through spacing or holding (just as the tigers). The problem is that in that case the cars behavior was completely random and it was easy end to fight with the camera giving the back to the cars, so not allowing to the players to realize when they were coming close to you; in such cases this could be hinted only from theirlights and clacson, but this of course happened just when they were already pretty close to the players giving so few time to act (and by the way, the cars automaticallt tried to avoid the first opponent in front of them, so this made your decision to move or remain still even more doubtful).

Here the scheme of the level and a video showing it (again, just if you have never seen the stage before).

p0ts7JU.png

I still consider it one of the most funny arena of the entire DoA series, but without doubt was wrong designed because the outcome could easily be influenced from the luck.

PS: Not sure if you are interested, but the user WAZAAAAA even released other official elements from DoA4, the profiles of the characters accompanied from the moveset with infos on the frame datas: http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/frame-data-of-all-doa4-characters.4929/

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Would be great to put them into the Wiki... if people cared to update the wiki.

Comment on your Home diagram: Make a difference between walls that change rooms and walls that are just knocked down but can visit both rooms. The arrows imply you are only ever are in one room and you are not expanding the room.

TOMA SAN

Standard Donor
@Mr. Wah if i understand all :
- wall to go outside
- wall to go inside, with sds no wall fall(w1)
- wall to go inside with sds but wall fall and close the precedent room(w2)
- wall to go inside with untechable no sds (w3)

i think draw just on the arrow this note (w1) or (w2) or (w3)
what do you think ? :)

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
@Mr. Wah if i understand all :
- wall to go outside
- wall to go inside, with sds no wall fall(w1)
- wall to go inside with sds but wall fall and close the precedent room(w2)
- wall to go inside with untechable no sds (w3)

i think draw just on the arrow this note (w1) or (w2) or (w3)
what do you think ? :)

- Wall that goes to Outdoors
- Wall that falls into sit down stun - expands the one room into double size (A3 -> A4)
- Wall that crashes through but stays up with opponent knocked down. (A3 -> A2)

I don't know what the fourth option is. I can't think of an example in that stage.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD