DOA Circuit/THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN!!

would you like this?

• Total voters

wiztick

With DOA5U coming up i think this is a great time to establish an online circuit. VFDC.com did it, and they have less options online than what DOA has. it could totally work. it could make online more comp. and could even bring in more people to play doa and help those that feel overwhelmed by the "tech talk" fit right in.
This is what it could look like right now

All of this is region based (american league PSN, american league XBOX, europe PSN, europe XBOX)

DOA 1v1 SINGLES LEAGUE
a simple league directed in 1v1. we could set up lobbies and list who won or lost.(honor code guys)
if u have been to tournaments you should know this. the process is that an event is announced and you sign up for it.

DOA 1v1 TEAMS LEAGUE

such as Team "donkey " vs. team "Rocket" this could bring alot of people together as well.
3v3 minimum probably.(with a required team entry number)

DOA 2v2 singles/teams league

If we have it online why not use it. also can bring peeps together. same as singles xcept that a team # requirement (like 1v1 teams) would have to be in place(min 3 teams?)

REGISTER PROCESS
1. Preferred User Name for the Tournaments:
2. Game System (PS3/Xbox360/Both):
3. PSN and/or XBL account ID:
4. Email Address (that you will actually check):
5. Location (City/State(or Province)/Country):
6. Time Zone:

REWARDS
could be maybe being able to have a signature?
VFDC.com has titles displaying over your avatar.
64f0866275c4ddae1288759133cf0647.png

SEASONS
This could be at the start of summer or start at sep 1. this could also be arranged to what the community prefers.

again i don't see why this could be a norm on FSD. im sure this community could benifite from something like this. So, what do guys you think?

RoboJoe

The idea seems alright. However, I think this was tried before and failed because interest fizzled out.

wiztick

The idea seems alright. However, I think this was tried before and failed because interest fizzled out.
intrest could spark up. the F2P model. and DOA5U itself with improved netcode and network options could help this go along.

RoboJoe

Oh that's right, the netcode. I wouldn't be surprised if that's why previous attempts failed. Honestly, I don't think the netcode is going to be any better this time, but if it is this may work.

wiztick

Oh that's right, the netcode. I wouldn't be surprised if that's why previous attempts failed. Honestly, I don't think the netcode is going to be any better this time, but if it is this may work.
yup. if theres bad connections some ideas i saw around are.
1. Before Match Connection Test: before playing a match, the two players go through one test round together to get a feel for the connection. You can't fix the lag, but at least you will be aware of it before the actual match begins. After getting a feel, both players jump to their deaths to start the actual match.

2. Setting up a Player Database that Rates their Online Connection - experience a very good connection with the person? Feel lag playing against the person, but the lag is consistent? Lag spikes? This would be more work, but we could make a database so that people get a general idea of connection, well ahead of time.

wiztick

i know the setup to make a proper fun circuit too. this could work if the mods give me the space to work with it (subforums) So show your support guys!!!

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Given the game will have the option to play with lag emulation across the board in all offline modes?

If so, well... shit. That'll prepare folks for laggy monitors offline, at best.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
so....you approve.....?
Personally, I do. I was just trying to figure out the gap between the lines Rikuto mentioned, based on what I know in theory, hence the option for lag emulation not being exclusive to training mode anymore.

But I tend to think too much - sometimes too little - and I've been wrong before.

wiztick

Personally, I do. I was just trying to figure out the gap between the lines Rikuto mentioned, based on what I know in theory, hence the option for lag emulation not being exclusive to training mode anymore.

But I tend to think too much - sometimes too little - and I've been wrong before.
then its offical....
THIS CIRCUIT IS ENDORSED BY AWESMIC. HE WILL PROVIDE FRESH BAKED HOMEMADE COOKIES FOR THOSE WHO JOIN.
chocolate-chip-cookies.jpg

Awesmic

Standard Donor
No way I'm quoting Michelle Tanner from Full House. Uh-uh, no way, not my style.

And I prefer making funnel cakes. Cookies are overrated.

NukNuks

It's an awesome idea and has a lot of the potential. Overall, the community would appreciate and love it. I think the most important thing is that it is run right and as professional as possible. That's the key to making it a success.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD