DOA In Dallas (D.I.D.) #7 June 10th-12th! $500 Guaranteed!

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I really liked tag in 2 and 3. When 2U came out, I mainly played single player thanks to the variety of stages but I still enjoyed tag quite a bit. I would love if the tag mode went back to its former glory.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
You wrong, there are a community and until last year they did a tournament regularly.
But I agree there are pretty discreet.

Actually, I right.

That's why they get their asses kicked in a landslide fashion every single time they go against us.

Just because they have a community doesn't mean it's worth a damn from a competitive standpoint.

I wouldn't trust them with testing anything and providing worthy feedback.

Raansu

@ Berzerk
I really wasnt trolling you. I was just making a statement in hopes you would go back and read your own shit then read VP's post, but you didnt. You continue to post in the same manner, that is, trying to be logical with no logic and all the while trying to have some kind of neutral opinion while obviously favoring VF gameplay.

@KoF06
We arent saying there isnt a community in Japan. What we are saying is the skill level difference between Japanese players and US players is massive. Most Japanese players just arnt that good at DoA, similar to how the skill difference between US and Japanese players in VF is massive, as in Japanese players will generally stomp American players.

I also find it hilarious and at the same time very strange that Japan dislikes doa3. The game has 10 times the amount of depth than doa4, yet they don't like it? All the while they eat up Tekken and Virtua Fighter and any other fighting game that has depth and is well respected. Makes absolutely no sense to me.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
^No... because of MvC2.

You hardly ever heard of strong MvC2 competition in Japan over the past 10 years.

Allan Paris

Raw footage of the grand finals of Di.I.D. 7 is now in the media section of FSD. This should suffice until the real good stuff gets posted.

Courtesy of Kevin, a friend of mine that went with me to D.I.D 7.

"Real Good Stuff". BETTER QUALITY VIDEOS.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Raw footage of the grand finals of Di.I.D. 7 is now in the media section of FSD. This should suffice until the real good stuff gets posted.

Courtesy of Kevin, a friend of mine that went with me to D.I.D 7.
"The real good stuff"?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Full Results:
DOA4 Full Results!
1st Allen Paris 500$
2nd Sweet Revenge/Inception 300$
3rd sWooZie 200$
4th Awesmic
5th MASTER
6th FreeLancer/xDallazx
7th Rikuto
8th Jann Lee
9th Japanda
10th Vanessa
11th Lonewolf
12th GOD/HP
13th Reaper
14th Dr. Butcher MD
15th Pillsbury Jaguar
16th CyberEvil
17th Mr. Wah
18th Apocalypse DLM7
19th Optimus Lime
20th Raansu
21st Kilaria
22nd Big Boss
23rd Keonshoe
24th VirtuaPai
25th Shimbori-San
26th JDubz
27th Meximelt
28th Uni
29th Cyber Fox
30th KazeCloud
31st Bad 1
32nd summy
33rdWolf
34th Cloudbot

(Again everyone that organized the event apologizes for those that didn't make it in DOA4 because of technical difficulties.)

DOA: Dimensions Full Results!
1st MASTER 375$
2nd Rikuto 175$
3rd Raansu 100$
4th CyberEvil 50$
5th Mr. Wah 50$
6th Vanessa 50$
7th KarmaDarkly 50$
8th GOD 50$
9th Bambiskit 50$
10th Uni 50$
11th Clayy
12th sWooZie
13th Dr. Butcher
14th ApocalypseDLM7
15th Cloudbot
16th Jann Lee
17th VirtuaPai
18th Moon Dogg
19th KazeCloud
20th Meximelt
21st Shimbori
22nd Starfire
23rd Bad 1
24th OptimusLime
25th Jdubz
26th Wolf
27th FreeLancer
28th Pillsbury Jaguar
29th Summy

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Team NINJA helped with the pot prizes (as well as various other ones). NVGA was trying a new scheme to allow more players a chance at the pot prize by distributing it up amongst the top 10. Each game had a $1000 pot prize.

I believe some players in the Street Fighter community have also been looking into distributing past the 70-20-10 tradition, and allowing players in the top 10 to receive some monetary amount based on number of entrants. However, their game has been getting 100s to 1000 players depending on their event. So a top 10 out of 1000 (I believe evo2k10 had ~1300 competitors for SF4 alone) should be deserving to receive some sort of compensation for surviving 90% of the combatants.

Team NINJA helped with the pot prizes (as well as various other ones). NVGA was trying a new scheme to allow more players a chance at the pot prize by distributing it up amongst the top 10. Each game had a $1000 pot prize.

I believe some players in the Street Fighter community have also been looking into distributing past the 70-20-10 tradition, and allowing players in the top 10 to receive some monetary amount based on number of entrants. However, their game has been getting 100s to 1000 players depending on their event. So a top 10 out of 1000 (I believe evo2k10 had ~1300 competitors for SF4 alone) should be deserving to receive some sort of compensation for surviving 90% of the combatants.
I think I remember that discussion, but if they're going to distribute that way top 10 doesn't seem to be the right number since anything past a certain point actually has several people tied for the place. Were there matches to decide the placing for those positions or was that decided on win/loss scores?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I brought it up to Manny at the event, that technically the 9th, 10th, and 11th placers are tied for 9th based on this particular bracket. So one of the 9th place placers (Clayy) did not get $50 because the "Top 10" stopped before him.

Based on my knowledge with the program they used, the positioning of tied placement is decided based on either which bracket the player was in, or the earliest to be eliminated time wise is closer to the bottom. I know it wasn't based on win-loss score in the set as that wasn't being recorded.

Raansu

Ouch, 20th in DoA4? Guess thats what happens when I fight Master then Rikuto =(

Oh well, I made up for it in DoAD =P

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD