DOA Online download+gameplay 2012

WAZAAAAA

This thread has moved here: https://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/doa-online-download.8837/

outdated message:
150px-DOA_Online.jpg
Free Dead or Alive ONLINE for Windows/PC through private servers.
Read the video description for the download link and more.

Things to keep in mind:
-No account required
-Use the megaphone button to escape stuck situations
-Quickest way to select character -> Alt+C
-Be careful when doing Alt+Tab on fullscreen, the game may randomly freeze
-If you can't connect to any player, open your all UDP ports from 1 to 65535
-There is no Tag Team mode

===RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS===
CPU: P4 3.0 GHz
Memory: 1 GB
Graphic Hardware: NVIDIA GeForce FX6600
Sound Hardware: DirectX 9.0c compliant card

===PLAYABLE CHARACTERS===
Ayane
Bass Armstrong
Bayman
Ein
Gen Fu
Helena Douglas
Hitomi
Jann Lee
Kasumi
Leifang
Leon
Ryu Hayabusa
Tengu / Gohyakumine Bankotsubo
Tina Armstrong
Zack

Feel free to contribute to the changes list that occured from DOA2U to this online version. I'll start:
Jann Lee
-Dragon Kick (:236::K:) is blockable |NERF
-Dragon Cannon input changed, from :P::P::P::6::P: to :P::P::P::P: |NEUTRAL
-
Snap Spike Kick input changed from :6::K::4::6::K: to :6::K::4::K: |NEUTRAL
|
Ryu Hayabusa
-Furetsu (with the back to a wall) input changed from :7::P::P: to :7::P::K: |NEUTRAL
-Asuka-Gaeshi (with the back to a wall) input changed from :7::P::K: to :7::P::P: |NEUTRAL

Last edited:

WAZAAAAA

How about stickying it. Notice the sticky threads of this section, there's a DOA Online thread but it's outdated

x Sypher x

Cool! I think I'll check it out. Although I expect it will be weird to play on a keyboard. I wish I had a USB controller lol.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
If the forum starts getting too much traffic where the thread gets lost, then we can sticky it.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
So where did you hear that this had DOA3's gameplay? That was my only complaint about the trailer, that and the sound spike.

WAZAAAAA

So where did you hear that this had DOA3's gameplay? That was my only complaint about the trailer, that and the sound spike.
That's called ear rape HAH

Wikipedia said:
Dead or Alive Ultimate 2 is a remake of DOA2 for the Xbox with a greatly improved graphics engine. As it was created after the debut of DOA3, it takes elements and mechanics from both its original iteration and successor.
Dead or Alive Wiki said:
and an enhanced remake of Dead or Alive 2, which utilized the graphics engine used for Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball. As well as improved graphics, Ultimate 2 offered Dead or Alive 3 game mechanics, new game content, and the inclusion of Hitomi and Gohyakumine Bankotsubo as unlockable characters.

http://deadoralive.wikia.com/wiki/Dead_or_Alive_2_Ultimate#Overview
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_or_Alive_2#Dead_or_Alive_2_Ultimate

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Basically it added.... Hitomi. In other words.

Tengu was unlockable in DOA2: Hardcore and DOA2: Limited Edition.

There were no 'game mechanics' taken from Dead or Alive 3 otherwise.

WAZAAAAA

Indeed I have also quoted DOA Wikia, not only Wikipedia.

But, if you say so, I'm kind of newb and have only played DOA2U and DOA3 (I think 3.2) in my life and of course DOAOL.

x Sypher x

Indeed I have also quoted DOA Wikia, not only Wikipedia.

But, if you say so, I'm kind of newb and have only played DOA2U and DOA3 (I think 3.2) in my life and of course DOAOL.

I got it up and running well, hit me up if you're down for some matches. :)

x Sypher x

I don't mind having only 8 characters to choose from. What I DO mind is the lag lol. Plus my laptop isn't strong enough to run the game smoothly. :confused:

I played it but I could only select 8 characters...kind of irksome.

Open up messages to select more characters.

Oddly enough no Chinese dude or Russian I played lagged but playing someone speaking english? 200-400 ping. Yup try throwing out a Hold in those conditions. Can't even counter a wake up K. And everyone seems to wake up K in Russia.

Baron West

Open up messages to select more characters.

Oddly enough no Chinese dude or Russian I played lagged but playing someone speaking english? 200-400 ping. Yup try throwing out a Hold in those conditions. Can't even counter a wake up K. And everyone seems to wake up K in Russia.

Thanks. That helps a whole lot. Not being able to pick Ayane hurt my feelings. Though...she's nerfed in this version, and can't do any decent juggles even of a cH 4P. Took me a while to figure out I didn't need to input 4,6+H to hold kicks and a simple 6H would do. I'm sure there are other mods, but I don't know what they are.

Chinese characters or Cyrillic = Usually a Decent Connection. Ye Old English? Lag-Tastic.

The other thing that kind of sucks is that people use the random names that they're assigned so when you do find someone who's good, and got a good connection, you have no way of playing them again. Trying to add to your buddy list is meaningless.

Out of all the people I played I only learned 1 strat that was legitimate in a lag free environment. It was a lot more than I expected so I can't complain.

WAZAAAAA

Jann Lee got a nerf too... his Dragon Kick (:2::6: :K:) is blockable, wtf. In DOA2U it wasn't blockable :\
I take the chance to ask: is it blockable in DOA4? Haven't played that.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Whoa, they modded move properties too? I wonder if they buffed some stuff instead of just giving everyone nerfs.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD