DOA3.1 Online for XBLA. Can we get it¿

TRI Mike

I'm thinking about the possibilities of us and the rest of the DOA communities out there to start an official petition to Team Ninja to re-release DOA3.1 for XBLA and possibly PSN as well with a 4-point hold system and online play. I know it's hard but I also know that these things sometime work (Xenoblade and Last Story came to the west because of fan petitions, just like XBLA SC1 and other games like Radiant Silvergun as far as I'm concerned).

I wouldn't ask for any improvements on graphics and sound since DOA3 looks excellent on a 360 anyway but I would prefer the hold system to be 4-points. Online play should be similar to DOA2U in terms of lobbies.

If you guys think it's viable, we could wait for DOA5 to come out and establish itself in the market before starting an official petition for Team Ninja. It could even help people to get their hands on that other excellent DOA game most people never had access to and it could also give a opportunity to new players who started with 4, Dimensions and 5 to know the roots of the series. I think it's a pretty cool idea, but what do you guys think¿

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
It'd be awesome, but it would never happen. 3.1 caters to such a small audience that there's no way TN would go through with it, as the casual fan wouldn't give a rat's ass about the game if 5 is already out. In their minds, no one would buy it. The only people who would be interested are competitive DOA players, and that's such a small niche market as is. If we get any old DOA game on XBLA, I would bet the farm on it being yet another version of DOA 2 since more casuals have played it. Maybe a port of 2U or something.

Also, 3.1 really doesn't need 4 point holds, so I hope they wouldn't include that.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD