DOA5 E3 Version Q&A

ScattereDreams

You can get them on normal hit. It depends on the character though. Kokoro has at least two attacks that cause a sit down stun on normal hit. Both are unsafe (of course), but one is her evasive sidestep attack (22P). You can see both in the Kokoro character exhibition.

eh?? 22_88p unsafe? I thought it was a guard break on block? Atleast it was in DOA4.

TRI Mike

I forgot to ask this before, not gameplay related but important for me. Can we change the color of Leifang's chinese dress and sandals¿ All previous games have red, white, black and blue versions but all the DOA5 videos and screens show her wearing the default red one.

akhi216

Standard Donor
I have a question about bounces and air grabs. Is it possible to get a high air bounce? And do air grabs require high bounces?

DrDogg

I forgot to ask this before, not gameplay related but important for me. Can we change the color of Leifang's chinese dress and sandals¿ All previous games have red, white, black and blue versions but all the DOA5 videos and screens show her wearing the default red one.

In the E3 build, costumes aren't really at a state where this kind of option would be present.

I have a question about bounces and air grabs. Is it possible to get a high air bounce? And do air grabs require high bounces?

Define "high". In the Tina exhibition video, I get a ground bounce that's higher than a normal ground bounce. Most air grabs can be used when the opponent is relatively low to the ground (again, I refer you to the Tina video). However, Tina's command grab in the air requires the opponent to be fairly high.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Regarding Tina and "juggling," were you able to get off :P::P::F+P: on opponents in the air a la DOA3?

Is the high kick wakeup option actually gone? You can see it at the 1m02s mark here:

Maybe they took it out of the commands for players but still left it in the AI. I doubt the move has gone entirely from the game at that point, just disabled players to use it.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
They also may have just not cleaned up the move properties. From what I'm told the build changed a lot from just a week's length of time and move lists weren't finalized. Even though the move would be listed in the move list, the move wouldn't work. So it's possible they just missed Lei Fang's high wake-up kick.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Is the high kick wakeup option actually gone? You can see it at the 1m02s mark here:

Thats a strange oddity you found there, but there was definitely no way for any human to pull that off.

My only explanation is that it's arcade mode so the CPU was capable of pulling off that restricted attack.

Kronin

I wanted ask if in the tag mode tried in the E3 build, is still present the possibility to hold with own partner immediately after its entry in the stage following a change of character, in the same way as was possibile to do in Doa Dimensions (if I'm not wrong).

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I wanted ask if in the tag mode tried in the E3 build, is still present the possibility to hold with own partner immediately after its entry in the stage following a change of character, in the same way as was possibile to do in Doa Dimensions (if I'm not wrong).

Ugh, I hope not.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!

Unfortunately I don't understand the extent of this particular issue as I never tried dimensions horrible version of tag.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Basically one could perform a "Tag Hold" where while you are in critical, you could effectively tag out to your partner who would immediately perform a hold.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Thats a strange oddity you found there, but there was definitely no way for any human to pull that off.

My only explanation is that it's arcade mode so the CPU was capable of pulling off that restricted attack.

Could it be a character specific thing only now ?
It's not like anyone fricken played leifang >__>

Kronin

Basically one could perform a "Tag Hold" where while you are in critical, you could effectively tag out to your partner who would immediately perform a hold.

Exactly, in the same manner like pressing the button for tag + Punch or Kick, you can immediately perform an attack with the partner in arrive. I hope not me too (and honestly would be the most logical choice for Team Ninja considering their work about hold/stun) anyway I wanted to be sure...

akhi216

Standard Donor
What happens when a person with their back turned to their opponent gets hit into a wall? Do they slump like in previous DOA games or do are they able to get hit with follow ups?

Arnell Long

Would be kind of lame if the A.I is awarded a High-Kick from the ground and such when the player is not. As Emperor said, I wonder if it's character specific, or they just haven't gotten around to all character's High get up kicks?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
What happens when a person with their back turned to their opponent gets hit into a wall? Do they slump like in previous DOA games or do are they able to get hit with follow ups?

From what I saw in IPL it's an immediate wall slam, it does not allow for a followup like the front facing wall crumple.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD