:Elizabet
:Sanji (A little more grown up)
:Victor Donovan
:Joe hayabusa
:Genshin
:Murumusa (Could be Gen Fus rival)
------------------------------------------------------------
MOVES

:Joe hayabusa -Izuna drop (his own version)
:Ayane - Raging Mountain God Ninpo/ Butterfly Teleport (when dodging moves like ryu' fireball)
:Kasumi- Projectile like in DOA3 & dead fantasy & Maybe Torn Sky Blast
:Momiji -(Projectile) Arrows / NGS2 Ninpo ( not like a fireball type of move ,but more like tengus tornadoe move)
:Hayate - Torn Sky blast
:La moriposa -More Breakdancing Moves like headstands
:Sonia -Guns (Seems like too much I know)

[All Projectile moves like fireballs or ninpos
should be able to be Dodged by a hold like in Doa4 When dodging cars,terodactyles,Cheetahs (To make it fair/balanced) or sidestepepable
--------------------------------------
STORY

-Something to do w/ that final cutscene in Dimension
maybe that masked man is the Antogonist

-Genshin could be working for/with him
-Helena could be Trying to rebuild Doatec w/ the help of Zack & Nicki maybe even Rio
-Momiji Joe,Ryu & the ninjas could be trying to stop genshin & elizabet
-All of Fame Douglassed mistresses Could have something to do w/ it maybe someones trying to kill all 6 of them to stop them from inheriting Fames fortune (Incuding Kokoro & Helena)

-PLEASE PLEASE no more Cheesy Ass Endings like in DOA4 Ex Kasumi,Hitomi,Lei Fang
Give them Serious Ones that tell us more about them
like Jan Lee's did in 4
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
STAGES

- Beach Stage (Cancun)
-moon stage outer space (Like the Nassau station)
-The aquarium Stage from DOA2U but this time u can crack the Glass & fight underwater!!
-More Places That are Well know around the world
like Time Square or Vegas or Mt .Fuji,Staue of liberty,Tokyo
-Some Desert Place (Like in the California girls music video)
-Make a new Club Stage
like in DOA2U
--------------------------------------------------------------------
CONTROLS

-Change the Contering system back to the DOA3 Version
before itagaki & The Virtua fighter beta testers messed it all up

-Make Online more fluent & lobbies like 2U not 4
& if it is laggy please Patch it

-Balance the game out by giving all other character like the Wrestlers new moves & throws
(Tina,Bass,Bayman,Leon)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
COSTUMES & EXTRAS

-Each Characters Should have alot of costumes both New &Old (Plus Dlc)

-Nicole should have one costume w/ out her Armor on

-Each Character should have a matching costumes like on DOA2U where if u pressed START when selescting Story mode everyone they faught would match like Ex. If you chose kasumi w/ her Bikini costume & pressed start
all the girls she faught on story would have theyr own bikinis as well (But for All the modes as well)

Matching costumes as in
-Color's Black/white/Red/Blue/ etc..........
-bikini
-Shirtless (lol no homo) hahaha
-Schoolgirl
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tag & Tag Throws

make a tag Mode like DOA2U
and make New Tag throws w/ the new players
w/ the old players
as well as some new between older players

Ex Hitomi & Leifang [Old & Old]
Ex Momiji & Rachel [New & New]
Ex. Ryu hayabusa & Joe Hayabusa [Old & New]

New enivomental throws (Down Stairs& Slopes/Hills

New theme Remixes for the New characters in the Club Stage (Plus for the ones who didn't get one in DOA4 ex Kokoro ,Eliot,Lisa,Spartan,Christie,Brad wing,Hayate)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Haha I gues that was it
sorry it was kinda long let me know what you think

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
CHARACTERS
~snip~
Please, no more ninjas. Maybe bring in Momiji but give her Kasumi's DOA2/3 moveset, instead of just having a clone like with Kasumi Alpha in Dimensions. That's it for ninjas though, we have more than enough of them.

CONTROLS
-Change the Contering system back to the DOA3 Version
before itagaki & The Virtua fighter beta testers messed it all up
A three-point hold system (DOA2 DC/PS2, DOA3, DOAD) means only three holds, for example:
:7::F: for high attacks
:4::F: for mid attacks
:1::F: for low attacks

A four-point hold system (DOA2U, DOA4) has four different holds, where the mid punch and kick holds are seperate:
:7::F: for high attacks
:4::F: for mid punch attacks
:6::F: for mid kick attacks
:1::F: for low attacks

DOA4 didn't introduce this, the original DOA2 in 1999 did when it introduced the kind of holds we're familiar with and are very different from DOA1's holds.

DOA2 in arcades had the following holds:
:6::7::F: for high attacks
:6::4::F: for mid punch attacks
:4::6::F: for mid kick attacks
:6::1::F: for low attacks

When they brought it to the Dreamcast and PS2, they dumbed it down to the single direction three-point holds mentioned earlier. DOA3 continued this trend but then DOA2U brought back the four-point hold but still as single direction. DOA4 left it like this but then Dimenions reverted to the three-point system, which is a really bad idea for DOA4/Dimensions because those games are so reliant on stun mix-ups.

Ideally, they should have a three-point, single-direction parry system that leaves you add an advantage and a six-point double-direction hold system, for example:

:7::F: parries high attacks
:4::F: parries mid attacks
:1::F: parries low attacks

and

:6::7::F: holds high punches
:6::4::F: holds mid punches
:6::1::F: holds low punches
:4::9::F: holds high kicks
:4::6::F: holds mid kicks
:4::3::F: holds low kicks

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Please, no more ninjas. Maybe bring in Momiji but give her Kasumi's DOA2/3 moveset, instead of just having a clone like with Kasumi Alpha in Dimensions.

Why would a Hayabusa clan ninja be using Mugen Tenshin style?

Berzerk!

totally disagree on the 6 point advanced hold system, that would alienate players for no appreciable change to higher level play (good players don't spam counters anyway, and the need to be balanced by short active window and punishable recovery)

A four point hold would be fine, and if you wanted to change everything to advance holds with a three point parry that's an interesting option to entertain, but not six. It's needlessly complicated.

The DOAU2/DOA4 system is fine honestly, they just need to adjust the properties and update the surrounding mechanics and movesets to make the overall game more robust. It's already solid, balanced and accessible. Players at a high level have particular requests but this kind of suggestion is change for the sake of change. The hold inputs are fine.

Berzerk!

Also, while waiting for DOA5, play Virtua Fighter. It will give great insight into where a game like this can evolve to.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Six point is what makes them advanced holds.

If you're doing advanced holds with Bayman (like I am and have been for years) you're already playing six point holds.

It's not needlessly complicated, and it makes damn sure you KNOW whats coming before you throw out that hold. If you don't know for sure, you downgrade your guess to a parry to cover both kicks and punches for that level.

If you think people don't just spam holds right now you are fooling yourself.

If scrubs can't master something as simple as two directions and a button press, they can still use the parry. What will they care, they are scrubs.

Also, while waiting for DOA5, play Virtua Fighter. It will give great insight into where a game like this can evolve to.

A game that no one plays because its "too inaccessible"? Here I thought you were arguing against that.

lol, but seriously. VF is good stuff.
It'll never, ever, ever be taken seriously in the states, but it's good stuff.

Berzerk!

Well, I don't see VF as inaccessible at all. It's an undeserved reputation gained out of ignorance. It's had the mixed blessing curse of making people talk about it in respectful tones without having tried it, but giving them an excuse not to try.

VF and DOA do not have complicated inputs, and there are varied levels of strategic depth in each game, and different situations in each. I would say that making a 6 point advanced hold system is unnecessary, when 4 points does the job.

If you made them all advanced holds but kept highs as being all highs (punch or kick) and same with lows, you would achieve the same thing without making it feel like a barrier of frustrating guessing would be stacked against the person doing the holds.

I'd still argue that it doesn't matter so long as the timing, active window, and recovery are all appropriately weighted. The inputs should only be complicated to the degree that your options are clearly separated.

So one input is enough, two is overdesigning it. I don't greatly object to making the idea of a parry system paired with "advanced" counter holds - I use lei fang, so like you I'm used to doing this - but to then make it 6 and splitting between punch and kick on high and low counters too? Just not needed.

I don't know if VF would never be taken seriously, it's had a bad run in terms of publicity, marketing and placement, but that can change if the new game is introduced well to this new, larger and more receptive fighting game audience compared to the split audience of the two separate VF5 vanilla releases, both of which were before SF4 refocused people's attention and the fighting scene started blowing up.

The same goes for a possible future DOA. So much hinges on strong support for both the marketing of the game and of the grassroots, ongoing support for community.

So yeah... VF is a good guide for how things might go for DOA in some respects and not in others, since they kind of have opposite perceptions, even though the reality for each is closer to the middle.

And to reiterate, all those hardcore wishes for DOA can be resolved by just playing VF. It has all your DOA3++ type needs covered; except for the universal counter system and just not being doa...

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Well, I don't see VF as inaccessible at all. It's an undeserved reputation gained out of ignorance.

Kind of like your view on six point holds.

Of course you've never had to compete in stupid high level tournament matches where you knew each other so well that things literally came down to one of two options EVERY SINGLE TIME, so I can't blame you for that ignorance.

Raansu

And to reiterate, all those hardcore wishes for DOA can be resolved by just playing VF. It has all your DOA3++ type needs covered; except for the universal counter system and just not being doa...

Dude, take your hard on for VF elsewhere man. Tired of you mentioning it in every single post you make. I enjoy VF as much as the next person, but you need to quit trying to turn DoA into VF and constantly hyping a game that has a community that's just as dead as doa. I love VF too, and I'm aware they share similar idea's, but they are also 2 very different beasts.
---------------------------
Back on topic. I'm with Rikuto with the 6 point hold concept. I'm fine with a 4 point hold, but a 6 point hold would lower the spamming a bit and make people think twice about doing a defensive hold. Especially if they tweak the hold window even more with doa5. This would also prevent accidental holds. I have lost count on how many times I have accidentally done a defensive hold because of the buffer system when trying to block. 6 point hold would solve this issue while also adding a level of risk to the game.

I like grap3's idea of a parry system combined with a hold system, But I'd make it a 4 point system over a 3 point system, and the parries would have a much tighter window than the defensive holds and be only allowed out of stun. In stun would be the 6 point hold system. The real questions is how would the parries be handled? Should they do damage? Or should they do no damage and give a slight advantage? Or should they do chip damage and put both players at neutral?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Just to clarify,

A six-point hold wouldn't lower the spamming any bit, it would merely lower the success rate of spamming holds. If the hold itself isn't altered, spamming will continue in the same manner.

Just something to keep in mind.

Carry on.

Personally, as I've discussed with grap3, and the method that I'm going to suggest to Team NINJA, the system should be similar to DOA++ where out of stun you have a 3 point single-direction parry, and in-stun you have a 4 point double-direction hold. This would be universal to all characters, but individual characters might have alternate parries in other directions.

Berzerk!

Just to clarify,

A six-point hold wouldn't lower the spamming any bit, it would merely lower the success rate of spamming holds. If the hold itself isn't altered, spamming will continue in the same manner.

Just something to keep in mind.

Exactly my point above, without the rudeness in the response of Raansu. Are you not a proponent of learning other games? I hear discussions around this type of thing on the podcast, particularly grape talking about broadening his horizons, and its the most relevant point of reference in other fighting games when talking about how to improve DOA. Pull your head in and try to respectfully discuss!

Personally, as I've discussed with grap3, and the method that I'm going to suggest to Team NINJA, the system should be similar to DOA++ where out of stun you have a 3 point single-direction parry, and in-stun you have a 4 point double-direction hold. This would be universal to all characters, but individual characters might have alternate parries in other directions.

I think this would be totally agreeable and a good middle point in terms of accessibility. But as we agree, the active windows and recovery need to be dealt with. A little tighter than DOAD and we're there. DOAD is really close - you can reliably punish counters on players you've trained and know when to look for it; it can still stick out a little long on odd occassions.

4 point system would be a big boon to this, and with tight active windows and suitable recovery, you wouldn't have to have double direction. Parry+Advanced hold across the characters would make an interesting change to the system, though something new would have to be done for "Advanced Hold" characters for them to stand out. Alternate parries is easy enough, but advanced holds would be more difficult to incorporate.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
What if a general ground bounce on damaging floors (like in DOA1) was brought back in DOA5 to expand on the ground game? Sure, you could do this on normal floors, but there were some others who had a harder time using attacks that allowed for ground bounce. Going with what I know (please note... only with what I know), Christie's 8pp and f+kkk were the only two ways you could ground bounce the opponent, and they were slow, unsafe, and easy to hold.

With the DOA1 ground bounce on damaging floors and juggle strings like pkk2k having that effect, this could help open another option for characters like Christie who lack a safe option for decent damage vs. heavyweights in particular. I dunno how you can make this work with other characters to balance things out, but it's only a thought. Don't chew me out for this.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
-Team Ninja should add an online training mode as well as allow players to set computer actions with a character's whole move list.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I would like the online lobby system to be similar to DOA4's online survival mode, only instead of dropping everyone to the lobby it just continues with the next person taking the place of the last. That mode is really fun. Basically you just join whatever match is in progress and have the character select screen appear overtop of the match in progress, then the character just jumps in when the other player is knocked out/loses.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
-Team ninja without a doubt should allow players to change their controller setup(button mapping) during matches(even online). It is cumbersome to exit all the way back to the main menu screen, just to go into settings/options and than go into another menu to change your controller setting.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
That was one of my feedback items to them. That (1) Controller settings should be configurable at nearly any instance, (2) You should only be required to have Punch, Kick, and Free set (None of this H+P, etc. from DOAD), and (3) It should function as listing the function to the left and pressing the button you want it assigned to, not the other way around. An example would be like SSF2THDR or SF3OE or any PC game.

target1995

honestly we do not need magic (teleport is ok) and not for ayane thats kaumis thing and no ninpo we r not range spammers in DOA. well some doa dimensions players are

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
honestly we do not need magic (teleport is ok) and not for ayane thats kaumis thing and no ninpo we r not range spammers in DOA. well some doa dimensions players are

I've no problem with projectiles. Zoning should be a part of every fighting game.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD