DOA5 Make your move contest?

Adamleelight

Maybe I missed this or something, but there was a contest for someone to make a move give it to Team ninja and the winner would have their created move put into the game. Who won it and what was the move put into the game? Or was it scrapped?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Sorwah got the GTS throw for Tina iirc.

And bass' spinning f5 combo throw. Was originally suggested as a single combo throw with multi ender from fireman's carry. I am not complaining about their changes.

There wasn't one winner but a group of people who won. Multiple moves were selected. Their names were in the credits.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I believe you are confused Steve, the make your move contest was done before the game was released.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
You would be correct, I am confused. With all this talk of 1.03 and characters getting new moves, I don't know what's real anymore.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I suggested Jann Lee's new stance on the FSD podcast a while back. I didn't submit it through official means so I didn't get credited (plus Team Ninja hates me, haha). Fun fact: VirtuaPai suggested a beta test on one of the podcasts as well and that came true as well. I'm kind of honored that they even listened to them.

Adamleelight

Haha yeah im sure there was lots of good stuff. This isnt move related but, I remember asking them to put water/dirt onto characters in the game, like changing the clothes from dry to wet. Also asked for it to effect the hair but didn't seem like they went ahead with that one. Would have been cool to see hairstyles get messed up due to water getting on it

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD