DOA5 ver 1.03 videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Looks like Rig gained a CB! from bending.

Also, at 0:09 you can see Rig has not reached max threshold yet but he can do a CB optionally. So either the requirement for CB was lowered or the max height launch requirement was. Same damage max though.

Berzerk!

DR2K it might be useful to link the specific twitter comment in your post, and as we see more edit in key comments/updates that are being revealed. So far, only the facebook/youtube part you mentioned. TN asked on twitter if we could spot other system changes.

Changes so far:
Rig has a new CB in Bending
Wakeup kick provides less stun/advantage (needs more confirmation)

Some other obvious things that are confirmed to have not changed:

All low hits are still critical on EOTE
Normal Life setting is still 300 based on damage of Rigs first two combos totalling approx 160 (fair assumption they are playing on normal life)

Potential/hoped for changes that you can't see from this video and I'd like to see commented on by TN specifically:

General play:

Changes to sidestep and tracking (faster SS, much less tracking)
Sped up duck
Nerfed low hold (unlikely) - eg increased recovery
Holds in general - no idea if a character in stun who then holds and misses, carries further stun disadvantage/status.
Wakeup kick - sounds like they are reducing the stun granted on hit, but what about the range and invulnerability frames?

Guaranteed Damage:
Faster CB / critical threshhold (can speculate from the video but not confirm)
Remove Slow Escape from Sit Down Stuns (making CB guaranteed if you can land a sit down after building the stun threshold first)

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Looks like Rig gained a CB! from bending.

Also, at 0:09 you can see Rig has not reached max threshold yet but he can do a CB optionally. So either the requirement for CB was lowered or the max height launch requirement was. Same damage max though.

I don't think they did .. if you look at the critical counter it was still at 28 for the limit (since it was a normal hit)
and 35 for counter.

Zack was in BT, and Rig did 1P, 6PP

I tested it in the game (1.02), and sure enough ..
1P does trip stun on BT the same, and combos into the 6PP reaching threshold in the version we have.

so its still exactly the same. (Just a bug in the new frame data reader where it didn't turn red in the last hit for some odd reason like it does in the version we have)

Sam Sultan

I hope they put more attack in it like zack's optic blast it looks really awesome. I would want Hayabusa to be able to throw shuriken from a distance XD

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I don't think they did .. if you look at the critical counter it was still at 28 for the limit (since it was a normal hit)
and 35 for counter.

I know, as I stated the max damage thresholds didn't change. It is strange that the 'red text' has been altered to display at a higher level. My guess? you get the mid-launch height at higher threshold now. Before, it was at 18 when the text would turn red, but now it looks like that red text is at a higher damage level now, possibly around the low 20s. However, it looks like the CB is still following the old value requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD