DOA5's Story

bingsoo

Wow, this is my first ever DOA game, and I am completely in love. Although I don't play fighting games for the story, MK9 was pretty decent, and I actually liked what I knew of the old DOA stories.

The beginning was pretty cheesy, but last few chapters were definitely the most epic moments of a fighting game story ever. I do wonder what happened to Rig, Christie, and Lisa at the end.

It was nice seeing Ayane and Kasumi getting along, too.

IceMage95

Wow, this is my first ever DOA game, and I am completely in love. Although I don't play fighting games for the story, MK9 was pretty decent, and I actually liked what I knew of the old DOA stories.

The beginning was pretty cheesy, but last few chapters were definitely the most epic moments of a fighting game story ever. I do wonder what happened to Rig, Christie, and Lisa at the end.

It was nice seeing Ayane and Kasumi getting along, too.
Well all I know is that Rig is still alive. And yep I'm surprised that Ayane and Kasumi are getting along. But I'm still confused on Kasumi's status. Is she still considered a runaway ninja or not

bingsoo

Well all I know is that Rig is still alive. And yep I'm surprised that Ayane and Kasumi are getting along. But I'm still confused on Kasumi's status. Is she still considered a runaway ninja or not

Ayane probably got over her bitchy hatred after talking with her mom in whatever previous DOA game that was from. She also saved Kasumi from the collapsing tower in DOA4, so.. yeah.. it's not like she ever won a fight against Kasumi anyway lol

I think Kasumi just accepted the fact that she's not supposed to be in the clan any more..

IceMage95

The scene you were talking about was in Dimensions during the events of DOA3. I think that Kasumi might've been living under Muramasa or even the Hayabusa village because of the scene at the beginning of the True Kasumi story? Also even Hayate tried to offer Kasumi help in tracking Alpha during the Prologue.

Onslaught X

I couldn't really give a fuck less about the story. I was happy with the ending cinimatics for every character at the end of arcade, which they got rid of.

The only reason I'm touching story mode is to unlock the damn characters. -Sigh.-

Keylay

I didn't get the whole Rig part. Was he just acting like he lost his memory? Why would he spend his whole life on the oil rig? Christie is familiar with him but why would he pretend not to know her.

Gen Fu told Eliot that he'll teach him his fighting style. I wonder if they are setting up Eliot to take Gen Fu's moves. I doubt that though.

Lei-Fang and Jann Lee are a couple now?

Jann Lee's rival is Rig and he won the tournament.

HiiDOOM

I found the whole Rig has amnesia thing very confusing too. Especially when he shows up at the end and to go all Dr. Evil on the ninjas.

Sooo, he got his memory back offscreen somehow and remembered how much he hated them?? Or has was pretending all along for the sake of fooling the random ppl on the oil rig? And Bass? I guess Helena?? And why does Hayate lose his cool when Rig challanges him? Hayate should be all like "uh, do I know you?" but instead he flips the hell out and rushes the guy.

Overall I like Rig though, its nice to have a more solid tie to Donavon in the game. I like him a lot more than Mila, who seems like a missed opportunity imo. Tho I do like her fighting style.

Blazeincarnated

I found the whole Rig has amnesia thing very confusing too. Especially when he shows up at the end and to go all Dr. Evil on the ninjas.

Sooo, he got his memory back offscreen somehow and remembered how much he hated them?? Or has was pretending all along for the sake of fooling the random ppl on the oil rig? And Bass? I guess Helena?? And why does Hayate lose his cool when Rig challanges him? Hayate should be all like "uh, do I know you?" but instead he flips the hell out and rushes the guy.

Overall I like Rig though, its nice to have a more solid tie to Donavon in the game. I like him a lot more than Mila, who seems like a missed opportunity imo. Tho I do like her fighting style.
Rig is a traitor who used the name when it isnt his real name. He's betrayed even his own, or who we thought was his own friend Bass. Stole everyone's DNA all to please his father....... He's nothing but a snake in the grass..

TRI Mike

You probably imagined Momiji appearing in the Muramasa scene and getting your so-desired "You unlocked Momiji!" message at the end of that chapter eh Blaze¿ How do you feel now that we had to endure all your denials about her, Leon and the rest¿

DontForkWitMe

finished it last night and overall was a nonsensical, inconsistent joke of a story as expected from TN.

the only highlights for me were
Brad/Eliot shenanigans
Eliot/Christie bar scene
Anytime Christie appeared and the camera conveniently zooms in on them titties and ass

I also found it funny how much of a pussy they made bayman look, constantly getting his ass kicked by everyone and then turning bitch-made at the end "dis is az far as i go" quickly gets da fuck outta there to let the ninjas take on mist. makes me miss Leon even more, he was the non-pussified sambo user and would've taken out everything in his path :(

Batcommander

I have been skipping every cut scene in story mode, just playing it to get the unlockables really. There is nothing that really grabs me about it, it alternates between nonsensical and/or silly. Not mah cup of tea.

Sett

I'm confused with the whole Kasumi thing. DOA5 is the only DOA I've played but from what I gather there's a Kasumi clone running about and this clone happened to defeat this big bad green alpha thing who happens to be a big deal and her reward was to be hunted. lol Doesn't seem very fair. xD

Hitomi_Alpha

I'm confused with the whole Kasumi thing. DOA5 is the only DOA I've played but from what I gather there's a Kasumi clone running about and this clone happened to defeat this big bad green alpha thing who happens to be a big deal and her reward was to be hunted. lol Doesn't seem very fair. xD

The sad thing was she actually seemed to believe she WAS Kasumi. It was a pretty emotional scene but it kept reminding me of a bad arnold schwarzenegger movie...

Atrabilious

Any sort of emotional impact the whole 'kill the clone kasumi' might of had was completely lost on me because I spent most of story mode just kind of going '...huh?'. The constant time skips/rewinds didn't help either. It wasn't a bad effort, it vaguely makes sense when you sit back and mull it over a bit in your head but otherwise it just comes off as a jumbled mess. Though that becomes less of an issue towards the end as all the story threads begin to tie up.

Still have no idea what Rig's deal is. Other than being a daddy's boy.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD