DOA5U: Arcade discussion thread

xFatalDMG

L-ey3WscKRE.jpg

So TN just released a nice photo of what the title screen will look like for DOA5U: Arcade. With the release of the arcade imminent, I thought it would be nice to start a thread strictly dedicated to the arcade version, and have constant updates listed in here.

The first location test will take place this coming Saturday and Sunday, which should take place from 10am-5pm. 10 am is probably for free play, whereas the actual tournament begins at I believe 2pm. So I'm going to head over to Shinjuku on Sunday to get some more pictures of the cabinet, but also to buy the new DOA5U: Arcade card (that is, if they have any available).

So lets keep this discussion section alive with some speculations, etc.

David Gregg

I love this thread already. lol. You're so lucky that you'll be able to actually see it!!! Keep us updated and if you could get pics of the new character that would be awesome!!

xFatalDMG

I will definitely do my best to keep all of you updated on the scene here, since DOA is making somewhat of a resurgence here in Japan. Since DOA Millennium arcade dropped back around 2000 in Japan, nothing has surfaced since then. That would explain why the entire DOA scene was considered dead, merely because nobody had a chance to play face-to-face.

Now with Tecmo stepping back up into the drivers seat, things will start to pick up again. 500,000 digital downloads for DOA5U, so lets see how things turn out for the arcade scene knowing that Tekken is still around.

I can definitely see some VF veterans jumping into DOA, since VF is now a dying breed here in Japan. So, if we do see an influx of new players coming from other games, this would prove to be a wonderful turn around for Team Ninja.

Speaking of TN, they have just released a teaser image of what the input section would look like on the arcade cabinet for DOA5U!!

https://twitter.com/TeamNINJAStudio/status/399769988866637824/photo/1
BYxEr9LCAAAQVlE.jpg:large

Rawbietussin

Odd how they excluded the Power Launcher on the "mini command list" when the Critical Burst and Power Blow inputs are included.

xFatalDMG

Yea, perhaps its a typo, or it may be a button change just strictly for the arcade release. Either way, it's good to see that the command inputs are being finalized and that the arcade version is just days away

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Please post the locations for the Arcade hotspots to play the best and get some good games in.

That way if I make it out to Japan again I'd like to test my skills in said arcade instead of wandering around aimlessly to see empty arcades.

Brute

Standard Donor
The Helena PL situation is interesting. I wonder if they're tweaking the gameplay from our current console build, and if we'll see a patch to match the Arcade version.

Anyway, hype. Tengu plz.

SilverForte

I have no doubt that there will be more character changes in the arcade version, just have to wait and see what they are.

xFatalDMG

Please post the locations for the Arcade hotspots to play the best and get some good games in.

That way if I make it out to Japan again I'd like to test my skills in said arcade instead of wandering around aimlessly to see empty arcades.

I have a website that you can check out that has a list of Tokyo's best arcade spots, showcasing some very high level competition.

http://www.mmcafe.com/arcadeguide/arcades_shinjuku.html

This is most up to date info on some of the best spots in town. I tend to usually go to 池袋タイと(ikebukuro taito) since there is always a consistent influx of good players that come in.

Number one place for sure is definitely Shinjuku Taito, since it's home to Daigo, Mago, Fuudo, and various other top SF players.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Hmm I tend to hang out in shinjuku taito but must have been in the off hours.

Zeo

I have no doubt that there will be more character changes in the arcade version, just have to wait and see what they are.
There will most certainly be balance changes. You don't typically get new characters without there being changes to the existing ones. The only question will be how long after the arcade release will console players have to wait until a patch brings us up to date. As well as getting that extra character (which more than likely is Tengu).

xFatalDMG

If you want to play the best of the best at Shinjuku, its best to venture out after 6pm, as many people are finishing work and therefore are heading out.

So for ranking in terms of competition, it goes as follows:

1. Shinjuku Taito
2. Ikebukuro Taito
3. Ikebukuro Gigo Sega
4. Akihabara Hey! (if it hasnt closed down) or Akiba Sega.

Regarding whether the testing will take place at Taito or Sega is something I'm wondering. However, if they are using sega cabinet with the AiMe cards I'm assuming its Sega.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD