System DoA5U:CF input buffer issue (example is Kokoro)

Kohlrak

I was just in an online Dojo with someone from here, only to find out that apparently i'm having a controller issue. It's a little special so i'm wondering who else is dealing with it as well as what i can do about it. Apparently, i can buffer a string i'm doing, i can buffer a free cancel, but I can't buffer anything after a fully completed string. This makes it next to impossible to do the combo challenges and certain combos. The easiest example i can remember from the session is Kokoro's 6PPP・2P. It'll ignore the 2P. I can even press it twice and it won't happen. This issue is causing me to be unable to do PP6P when i want to for a stun, because the only solution is to spam the next move i want to do otherwise i risk loosing a frame or two since i have to wait (or spam) until it resets before i can input the next move.

EDIT: 6PPH2P doesn't work, either. Buffering refuses to work until i've started to recover from the last buffered input.

EDIT2: I'm watching combo videos on youtube and maybe me and this guy weren't thinking on the same level (or he's pulling my leg because i have gullible written on my forehead).

Last edited:

Kohlrak

Yes. I noticed it happens on dimensions, too, which makes me wonder if it's really a problem or if someone's pulling my leg, but if this is legit and people can buffer here better than in dimensions, i'd love to know about it.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Is it just a timing issue? There's like a 10f buffer for DOA. It's so lax. Can you do stuff like Kokoro's 9P relaunch juggles?

EDIT: Are you actually timing it so you press the button near when the move is suppose to comes out? 'Cause you can't just super pre-buffer stuff as if it were Eliot's 10 hit combo. You can't buffer two strings in the way that you would buffer a single string. And there's certain moves that require more timing than others (like Eliot's 46P string ender).

Kohlrak

Is it just a timing issue? There's like a 10f buffer for DOA. It's so lax. Can you do stuff like Kokoro's 9P relaunch juggles?

EDIT: Are you actually timing it so you press the button near when the move is suppose to comes out? 'Cause you can't just super pre-buffer stuff as if it were Eliot's 10 hit combo. You can't buffer two strings in the way that you would buffer a single string. And there's certain moves that require more timing than others (like Eliot's 46P string ender).

Someone said that you could, which is why i put that last edit that says he's probably pulling a prank. I thought you could buffer a single string in advance. Though it would seem that for the same string the buffer is longer than 10 frames. I like to mash P until i see the first punch then try to do 6P, but PPP comes out instead, every time i mash the P for the combo. It's OK, i just pulled an equally small prank on him. I'd delete this thread, but i can't.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
The VF characters had this issue, which the most noticeable one was with Akira where he would just stand there. (Which they fixed via the patch so now he doesn't eat up the inputs.)

I finished everyone's combo challenge and I have yet to see Kokoro having buffering issues. Maybe it's something I missed here and probably within this update or so since I did all the combo challenge when 5U was released around the 2nd day.

gnooz

I have same problems with inputs and I started to hate fighting games because I really wanted to learn something because I don't want to spam all the time and nearly all opponents I face spams some moves. Training and learning doesn't help, you should do strict timings and it is all about timing and in training modes no mention of "think(perform) next move while doing first one" and this is sick really sick you expected to connect next move while doing first move!!! It is impossible to input consistently everytime so whats the point of making crazy combos beacuse nobody really use them?? Combo executions are all same for years nothing improved at all for all fighting games. They just keep improving graphics, also making easier combo execution really could help to get more attention into game. Game makers should use their brain I just want to learn but they expect me turn it into reflex this is sick....

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

I have a similar problem with Ein's 1K6P and PP6P2K more often than not it will completely ig nore the directional inputs and Ein's WRK, WRK it just simply does not want to do the 2nd WRK I'm entering it exactly like I used to in 1.05 that got me WRK, WRK perfectly too.

Doesn't help that 33 inputs are bugged again now either.

Kohlrak

I noticed with 33 inputs and other similar input, you can't just tap the input twice, but you tap and hold the second one while you push the button.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD