DOA5U DOA5U Community Tier list *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itz King Beebop

Okay, I know what most of you are going to say, "the games only been out for 3 weeks" or "it's too early for tier list noob" I already know, I just want there to be constant discussions, so that we can have a more... accurate tier list.
IMO this is what my first few weeks have made me believe

S: (I personally have no S-tier suggestions because none of the characters so far have stood out to me as S-Tier)
A: Kasumi(?), Christie, Akira(?), Sarah(?), Jacky, Leon, Gen Fu(??), Momiji, Alpha-152, Ayane
B: Pai, Mila(??), Hayabusa, Hayate, Leifang(??), Jann Lee, Hitomi(???), Ein, Bayman, Helena, Kokoro
C: Brad, La Mariposa, Tina, Bass, Zack, Eliot, Rig, Rachel(??)

? -> The characters with question marks following their names are the ones I would like to discuss first, but I'm not the boss... this is for the community to decide. But maybe we should try to find out if Zack and Eliot are S-Tier yet (JK)

Tenryuga

What would constitute a high-tier in this game? What are the attributes?

Damage output
Frame traps
Speed
Mixups
Safety
Ability to avoid or play the stun game
Performance in neutral
Ability to capitalize off the enviornment
Ability to capitalize off bounds

Those are some imo.

Blazeincarnated

Okay, I know what most of you are going to say, "the games only been out for 3 weeks" or "it's too early for tier list noob" I already know, I just want there to be constant discussions, so that we can have a more... accurate tier list.
IMO this is what my first few weeks have made me believe

S: (I personally have no S-tier suggestions because none of the characters so far have stood out to me as S-Tier)
A: Kasumi(?), Christie, Akira(?), Sarah(?), Jacky, Leon, Gen Fu(??), Momiji, Alpha-152, Ayane
B: Pai, Mila(??), Hayabusa, Hayate, Leifang(??), Jann Lee, Hitomi(???), Ein, Bayman, Helena, Kokoro
C: Brad, La Mariposa, Tina, Bass, Zack, Eliot, Rig, Rachel(??)

? -> The characters with question marks following their names are the ones I would like to discuss first, but I'm not the boss... this is for the community to decide. But maybe we should try to find out if Zack and Eliot are S-Tier yet (JK)
Zack is not C Tier anymore..... :confused:

David Gregg

Still way too early but just some of my thoughts at the moment:

- Leifang is an A. She's been given a possible follow up kick after unshu now (as if she needed another option right? lol). You just don't see as many players using her b/c of the learning curve but she's still a big threat.
- Rachel being a C is a joke she's no less than an A. If you need more proof just re-watch the TFC tournament.
- Gen Fu needs no question mark he is A for sure especially after that guaranteed kick after his launch throw. A big pain in my ass. -_-
- I'd bump Hitomi down to a C. Didn't get any real buffs, her parries nerfed and still give no real advantage, and when you compare her to Ein she's worse off (even though I play much better with her than him).
- I would put La Mariposa at a B. She's everything Tina is but better and she's got an amazing range and can keep you guessing.

Last edited:

Tenryuga

Still way too early but just some of my thoughts at the moment:

- Leifang is an A. She's been given a possible follow up kick after unshu now (as if she needed another option right? lol). You just don't see as many players using her b/c of the learning curve but she's still a big threat.
- Rachel being a C is a joke she's no less than an A. If you need more proof just re-watch the TFC tournament.
- Gen Fu needs no question mark he is A for sure especially after that guaranteed kick after his launch throw. A big pain in my ass. -_-
- I'd bump Hitomi down to a C. Didn't get any real buffs, her parries nerfed and still give no real advantage, and when you compare her to Ein she's worse off (even though I play much better with her than him).
- I would put La Mariposa at a B. She's everything Tina is but better and she's got an amazing range and can keep you guessing.

How in the world is Hitomi worse off than Ein? She has better mixups, strings, a parry and a frame advantage throw. Her 12i throw is also stronger than his and her strike damage output isn't too far behind his. She also laughs at sidestep while Ein has to really be on point if he wants to keep that in check as his tracking tools are limited to throws, the high 13i 4P or slow standalone moves like H+K and 2H+K. If he wants to clip step during his strings he has to either use a sweep string or free cancel into one of the said moves which puts him at a risk compared to Hitomi who only has to PP4P, string sweep or free cancel into 6T. The things Ein has over Hitomi are range / spacing, offensive holds, juggle damage and ability to use bounds. Hitomi beats him in all other categories. As a matter of fact I should check the range on Hitomi's stuff. It might not be too far behind Ein.

Tenryuga

You can't just make a list by discussing strengths and weaknesses in a vaccuum. You have to factor in matchups, especially in a situation like what we have right now where it seems we have clear counterpicks.

He seemed to imply that Hitomi had worse tools than EIn, so I was just disputing that. Not saying Ein won't have better matchups than her overall or vice versa.

EDIT: What are the counterpicks you see so far?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD