DOA5U Japanese off screen footage.

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Her 9K gives off that VF knockdown stun, so you can do a possible GUARANTEED 236P, or a small combo. If there is more of this, the game will be more diverse overall imo. We've got more guaranteed stuff now.

Now Zack's 8P needs to give off that stun as well...

had bigger guaranteed damage than that

crapoZK

Standard Donor
I think her 9K already had guaranteed damage though. 9K (SD stun), BT 4P (Guaranteed), Juggle.

It didn't have guaranteed 236P after though did it? No seriously did it have a guaranteed 236P or did it whiff? I'm not sure, will check it out.

TakedaZX

It didn't have guaranteed 236P after though did it? No seriously did it have a guaranteed 236P or did it whiff? I'm not sure, will check it out.
Well it was only a SD stun but I'm pretty sure the juggle damage would outweigh the 9K to 236P damage, assuming the multipliers work as expected on the flop animations.

ScattereDreams

Ein looks extremely bland in DOA5U.. I was considering picking him up, but It looks like Jacky's going to take his place. I mean, TN wasn't kidding when they said they copied and pasted Ein which could be a problem.

TakedaZX

Ein looks extremely bland in DOA5U.. I was considering picking him up, but It looks like Jacky's going to take his place. I mean, TN wasn't kidding when they said they copied and pasted Ein which could be a problem.
Copied and pasted, my ass... Where's my full threshold 1KK, 4H+K, 1K6PK?!?!!?!

Ghosty-J

Akira's SS:K: lead into the just frame throw..... Yes! OH YES!!
YYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

And Jacky Bryant's no cream puff either. I absolutely must see more of Jacky in the near future. My hype is starting to rise back up because of that match XD

Gotta love the enthusiasm in the crowd during the matches!
Oi! Oi! Oi!

Omegan Eckhart

Are these launches that cause the opponent to spin meant to be good for something? Moves like Ayane's 3PP and 4P+K were easier to combo off of before but now they cause the spinning launch they appear harder to combo from.

What is the point in this?

TakedaZX

Are these launches that cause the opponent to spin meant to be good for something? Moves like Ayane's 3PP and 4P+K were easier to combo off of before but now they cause the spinning launch they appear harder to combo from.

It may not be much harder. I believe it's purely cosmetic. I'm pretty sure people who paid attention to that stuff were getting slightly bored of the same relaunch animation for every move. Now there's a little more variety, and I hope there's more than this torpedoing shit.

Ghosty-J

For aesthetics most likely. Comboing from those sorts of juggles don't seem all that different from what they are now. I think the twirling looks kinda cool XD

Ren Fujin

It may not be much harder. I believe it's purely cosmetic. I'm pretty sure people who paid attention to that stuff were getting slightly bored of the same relaunch animation for every move. Now there's a little more variety, and I hope there's more than this torpedoing shit.
You gotta admit though, these players seemed to miss juggles quite often on this specific juggle animation, and maybe I'm wrong but it seems the juggles they were trying were ones they appeared to be used to do.

Zeo

Not looking too great for Ein. Is his jab even + on block? Is P > 3P > P even a viable strategy anymore? His game looks the same which might not be such a great thing with all the potential buffs going around. And I saw 4H+K whiffed at threshold. Maybe he was out of range but that could be VERY bad. That was one of Ein's best and most unique combos. He looks like he might be a little faster though, 10 frame jab and 12 frame 3P?

Saw a snuck in Akira nerf as well. 2P might be neutral now instead of +1 and 66p doesn't wall slam on CH anymore. We're going to be working for our wall damage now.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD