DOA5U DOA5U should be played on xbox 360 for tournaments

Should DOA5U be played on Xbox360 at offline events?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nobus3r1

You'd be surprised considering that Microsoft doesn't make wired 360 controllers, wired PC controllers are a different story. At ECTV two players were connecting with the wired PC controllers and the system registered both as the same player.

Those that do use wireless have to remove their battery packs so that it won't sync. however, I can't tell you how many times players have forgotten to remove their battery pack before connecting, because it was a lot of players back in the DOA4 days.
There actually are official Microsoft wired X-Box 360 controllers. They just aren't especially easy to find. They may no longer be making them (I don't know) but you can still find them for sale (mostly online).

I also believe that StrikerSashi is correct. I'm like 99% sure that there are no official wire PS3 controllers. The good news there is that PS1/2 controllers are among the most robust as far as compatibility and availability of converters goes.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
As far as tournament players go, which this thread is exclusively geared towards, most play mainly on 360, though most of us also have PS3 controllers just in case. Being able to use the controller we're most comfortable at on the system with the most stable version of the game is a no-brainer.

ninjaguy446

I'd much rather it be on PS3 than Xbox. The Xbox's (which I don't own) and D-pad for the controller (which I also don't own) is atrocious IMO. I don't see myself ever playing another DOA tournament if the standard is Xbox because I don't have a converter.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
It doesn't sync by USB. It's all Bluetooth. And when you unplug it, you can interrupt the games that are played afterwards wirelessly. That issue doesn't exist with REAL wired controllers.

EDIT: I don't mean to say 360 wireless is any better, for the record. It's just that there IS a wired alternative for it. There isn't a real wired alternative for the PS3 controller.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
There actually are official Microsoft wired X-Box 360 controllers. They just aren't especially easy to find. They may no longer be making them (I don't know) but you can still find them for sale (mostly online).

You misunderstood my statement. I was saying they no longer make them outside of the PC controllers, they don't make an official wired 360 controller option anymore.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Yes it is. I bought a wired 360 controller only a month ago with Xbox 360 packaging (instead of the PC packaging, which I also have one of). They don't make them anymore but they are still relatively easy to find. Picked mine up in a Best Buy.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Right, but we did have an issue at ECT V where two players using the PC controller had the 360 recognize both controllers as the same controller or not allow the other one to sync.

Argentus

It... recognized two wired controllers as the same controller? Now, that's a problem.

I remember co opping Leo on tmnt tournament fighters on snes...set both wireless to p1, then one handle movement, one handle attacking lol. Mindless fun.

David Gregg

This is just a side question: What % of players use sticks and who would you recommend them to? I've been interested in switching over (I hate the 360 controller) but it just seems like it would be hard to adapt to.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD