DOA5U: system tweeks/character buffs and nerfs for Team NINJA

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Gregg

Here's some buffs I have for Eliot:
-Parries: either raise the damage or keep the low damage but allow the next follow up move to be guaranteed.
-33P2P: just PLEASE do something with it. Allow the ground bounce to allow some followup damage. It's so wasteful and I still don't understand the purpose of adding bound properties to it.
-7P: Should still be putting opponents in a stun. I realize it's a 9f punch but he needed it and now opponents aren't afraid of it b/c it just pushes them back at no disadvantage.
-3KP3KP: the bound should be higher to allow more followups as it's high risk to not only perform 3KP once but twice!
-With the nerfs made to 6H+K and 6P+K I think it's reasonable to ask that guaranteed followup damage after H+K on NH should not be closed stance dependent (referring specifically to 9K)

Those are some of mine so...yeah. :rolleyes:

DR2K

*sigh* The video says that it can be SE'd, then says nothing about the combos being guaranteed. I watched it again.

Read the comments and look at the 100% logo. The kick set up isn't guaranteed, but the following ones are.

MasterHavik

Here's some buffs I have for Eliot:
-Parries: either raise the damage or keep the low damage but allow the next follow up move to be guaranteed.
-33P2P: just PLEASE do something with it. Allow the ground bounce to allow some followup damage. It's so wasteful and I still don't understand the purpose of adding bound properties to it.
-7P: Should still be putting opponents in a stun. I realize it's a 9f punch but he needed it and now opponents aren't afraid of it b/c it just pushes them back at no disadvantage.
-3KP3KP: the bound should be higher to allow more followups as it's high risk to not only perform 3KP once but twice!
-With the nerfs made to 6H+K and 6P+K I think it's reasonable to ask that guaranteed followup damage after H+K on NH should not be closed stance dependent (referring specifically to 9K)

Those are some of mine so...yeah. :rolleyes:
I'm with these buffs. I was playing with him last night and I was faceplaming. I think 4k can give a better deeper stun.

Read the comments and look at the 100% logo. The kick set up isn't guaranteed, but the following ones are.
Max needs to read.

KwonJigglypuff

Naïve but real question : what would be the consequences of giving Helena a BKO low throw ?

Also, I would like them to simplify her 236P+K and do something nice with her 44PPP/and alternatives.
I have given up on the whole "sausage" part, it is a lost battle.

David Gregg

I'm with these buffs. I was playing with him last night and I was faceplaming. I think 4k can give a better deeper stun.

Yeah I think my buff suggestions aren't too ridiculous either. If you're not properly utilizing his i3P (not (hold)3P) I can see how frustrating he seems. The key to Eliot is his i3P which they thankfully left untouched as you want to keep your opponent up in the air as often as possible and it does that very well. It would be nice if 4K gave a deeper stun especially given how awkward it is but it does do it's job and pushes back opponents and give you some space.

KwonJigglypuff

Everyone with a dedicated stance should have a low throw option from it.

Really ? Because I have would love Helena to have one, but honestly I don't have any other argument than the fact it would give hermore options, that it's funny to play with the ennemy. And because I find the animation epic.

Jaguar360

Everyone with a dedicated stance should have a low throw option from it.
This would help Hayate and Hayabusa a lot for sure.
It would be cool if Rig had one, but I'm not sure if it would be necessary because I haven't looked into him that much yet. :/
Momiji would obviously be the exception to the rule because it would be ridiculous for her to throw from double jump.
Not sure about the characters that I don't main/plan on maining.

KwonJigglypuff

Yeah, it has no use now, it's just sad and stupid. I loved to use it...

Also, can you guys tell me how you use his new kick ? How is it useful ? What does it do ? (i'm a noob)

Momiji would obviously be the exception to the rule because it would be ridiculous for her to throw from double jump.

I don't know, I could see her doing like Alpha with P during her floating stance. Could work for me.

David Gregg

Yeah, it has no use now, it's just sad and stupid. I loved to use it...

Also, can you guys tell me how you use his new kick ? How is it useful ? What does it do ? (i'm a noob)

Tracking mid kick that pushes your opponent back. He needed it but it would be nice to allow followup damage (they're pushed back too far).

MasterHavik

Yeah I think my buff suggestions aren't too ridiculous either. If you're not properly utilizing his i3P (not (hold)3P) I can see how frustrating he seems. The key to Eliot is his i3P which they thankfully left untouched as you want to keep your opponent up in the air as often as possible and it does that very well. It would be nice if 4K gave a deeper stun especially given how awkward it is but it does do it's job and pushes back opponents and give you some space.
Dude 4k is worthless it don't push anyone back and it's very unsafe. it's also not very fast.

Max536Drago

Different throws are used to punish different moves and serve different purposes. Why use a 7i throw to punish a -30 move when you can use your 12i super launcher throw? Have your back to the wall? use the grab that switches positions with the opponent. Need to keep up the pressure? Use a throw that grants frame advantage. Some throws get additional properties from enviornments and dangerzones too.
Woohoo, I gotta say, I really loved the way you worded that paragraph XD Not sure if I could've explained it that well if I tried. lol

Max536Drago

OMG... It's ONE glitch that happens only by the corner. Damn yall acting like she glitches through you each time. God damn. I'm pretty sure she won't do the booty bump every single time she got you in the corner. Smh omg it's not such a big deal.
This coming from a player who mains Lisa. I'm not even trying to disrespect, but straight up, either you're being bias or your have bad judgment.

KwonJigglypuff

Dude 4k is worthless it don't push anyone back and it's very unsafe. it's also not very fast.

So.. you mean they just gave him something like... "eh, we have no idea for new stuff in DOA5U for Eliot, so let's give him a new useless animation to pretend we care about that character ?"

MasterHavik

4K is still a big deal 'cause it's an out-of-string tracking mid.
that is unsafe YAY.
This coming from a player who mains Lisa. I'm not even trying to disrespect, but straight up, either you're being bias or your have bad judgment.
I don't main her and you know my stance on the glitch.

So.. you mean they just gave him something like... "eh, we have no idea for new stuff in DOA5U for Eliot, so let's give him a new useless animation to pretend we care about that character ?"
Basically think of Hakumen's 4C from Blazblue, but worst.

AkaShocka

I've heard plenty of stories about you and how much you cry about characters being broken. You claimed Kokoro is OP which makes absolutely no sense. She barely tracks but she is OP? Right......
And yes I do main Lisa but I also use other characters FYI. And I won't say to of them because I know your going to cry about how OP or broken they are. Smh. I am not being biased either, I was just saying its not a big deal. You make the tiniest things imaginable into the worlds worst problems. Let me guess, since Lisa has this,little glitch, I guess you want her banned huh? Lol ok, whatever floats your boat.
Have a good day sir!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD