DOA5UA 2.00/DOA5LR 1.01 Balance Changes (Location Test)

werewolfgold

Do you all want me to try to finish the rest? The game comes out in a couple of days and they'll likely release the official version soon.

Nereus

Standard Donor
Do you all want me to try to finish the rest? The game comes out in a couple of days and they'll likely release the official version soon.
If you feel like it's too much work, you don't have to do it. But we'd appreciate it definitely if you did.

Argentus

I'm still confused on the adjustment to Mila's feints. Does it mean now when you press punch, it automatically feints to punch, skipping the need to input feint? Or does it just skip the feint entirely? Or does just pressing punch also cause a regular feint?

werewolfgold

I'm still confused on the adjustment to Mila's feints. Does it mean now when you press punch, it automatically feints to punch, skipping the need to input feint? Or does it just skip the feint entirely? Or does just pressing punch also cause a regular feint?
Yeah. I dunno. I just translated what it said. I understand it as you can probably go straight into a P instead of needing to "cancel" it first.

Zeo

With every bottom tier in the game (Ein, Eliot, Phase-4, possible Brad) buffed. I wonder who'll sit at the bottom of the barrel in LR.

Heikou

Standard Donor
I wonder if Kokoro's P+K launches in stun still. If it causes limbo stun in either closed or both stances in stun as well as on CH, then it's been more of a buff than a nerf.

Argentus

yeah, at least on paper, i'm still not seeing why everyone is crying "nerf". Just seems like across the board general adjustments, not really any "nerfs" that I can see.

too many people are just mad that they need to adjust their strategies, I think.

Zeo

yeah, at least on paper, i'm still not seeing why everyone is crying "nerf". Just seems like across the board general adjustments, not really any "nerfs" that I can see.

too many people are just mad that they need to adjust their strategies, I think.
Not quite.

For a lot of people it's the fact that things that didn't actually warrant a nerf were somehow hit with the bat anyway (Ryu, Akira...... RYU).

For other people it's the fact that their mid tier character was hit with the nerf bat but the best characters in the game weren't touched and that's pretty reasonable, actually.

Outside of that, most people aren't crying "nerf". A lot of the cast was buffed for the better. Eliot, Ein, P4, Bayman, Brad, Hayate, Jann Lee, list goes on.

d3v

And it's these adjustments, oftentimes to less optimal options, that result in characters moving down the tier list.

My Babenapes

Very happy to see eliot and ein getting buffs. Now that I have a nice new controller to play with and not a broken Xbox 360 controller, I'm excited to see how much better I can get. I know there are people on FSD that know how hard it is to do quarter circles and half circles with an analog stick that forces you to block if your Player 1 and forces you to walk towards your opponent as Player 2 -___-. Yes, my controller has a mind of its own.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I know there are people on FSD that know how hard it is to do quarter circles and half circles with an analog stick that forces you to block if your Player 1 and forces you to walk towards your opponent as Player 2 -___-. Yes, my controller has a mind of its own.

Yes, that's an issue with the hardware when the analog sticks get used so often that they rest outside of their deadzones. Sadly, it's not fixable.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD