DOA6 Gameplay Thread

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Best thing is to wait and see if we can get another video or something that addresses it.

Nerfing 66P on Brad might be silly though. 66P is ranges from i18 to i20 and is around -9 on block. Zack still gets a wallsplat on 9K. That move is i13 and is safe. So Brad can keep his 66P. Unsure of P4's frames on H+K but it's most definitely faster than that. Unless 66P is safe now and is good on CH, then the "nerf" would be an overall buff. Nerfing Brad in ANY way is silly though. It's Brad Wong xD.
Yeah xD I mean if I am wrong and if the change is a DOA4 wall splat when we see a future video I'll admit I'm wrong, but I'm just kinda confused since the wall animation looks different and I feel like they're trying to tell us something by using a half wall, I wish I could ask master but he'll probably just tell us to wait xD

ryu_highabusa

Throw breaks would be directional and based on the same logic as other choices in the system.
In short - if you buffer a throw escape in the same direction as the throw, you get an escape. The exception would only be if you're getting punished for attempting a Hold, locking out an escape.
Okay so grapplers have shit strikes and combos and now you want to make it so you can even escape their throws at all times? Can a grappler get out of a juggle mid-juggle by matching the inputs of the juggle? (say that five times fast) Otherwise this is obviously one-sided to favor strikers, who already have every fucking advantage. Ugh.. All the grapplers are already nerfed in DOA6 and you just want to make it worse... :\

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I tried xD

Screenshot_2019-01-03-15-15-12.png

Screenshot_2019-01-03-15-15-21.png

I'm gonna trust him tho, although it is a bit nerve racking having to wait xD

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Okay so grapplers have shit strikes and combos and now you want to make it so you can even escape their throws at all times? Can a grappler get out of a juggle mid-juggle by matching the inputs of the juggle? (say that five times fast) Otherwise this is obviously one-sided to favor strikers, who already have every fucking advantage. Ugh.. All the grapplers are already nerfed in DOA6 and you just want to make it worse... :\
This is a bit knee-jerky as far as reactions go. That's not what anyone is saying. I main Tina and Lisa and I don't mind the idea of throw breaks as long as you can't break the HiC throws and OHs. If you are caught holding, or I go for a big start-up OH and you get caught by it, you can go for a ride. If I'm doing a standard throw as part of my mix-up, or to try and punish unsafe moves? I feel like being able to defend yourself against that is fair. I don't mind having to mix up my throws just like I have to mix up my strikes.

So long as grapplers maintain the ability to big-kahuna punish bad holds, have the fastest throw punishes (Which I don't mind being breakable), and OH like demons I don't see the ish.

Raansu

This is a bit knee-jerky as far as reactions go. That's not what anyone is saying. I main Tina and Lisa and I don't mind the idea of throw breaks as long as you can't break the HiC throws and OHs. If you are caught holding, or I go for a big start-up OH and you get caught by it, you can go for a ride. If I'm doing a standard throw as part of my mix-up, or to try and punish unsafe moves? I feel like being able to defend yourself against that is fair. I don't mind having to mix up my throws just like I have to mix up my strikes.

So long as grapplers maintain the ability to big-kahuna punish bad holds, have the fastest throw punishes (Which I don't mind being breakable), and OH like demons I don't see the ish.

Being able to break throws even when at disadvantage would completely ruin grapplers in this game, and adding it strike punishment similar to VF would require a completely different approach to doa's design. I don't think you realize how bad throw breaks would hurt this games core mechanics.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Being able to break throws even when at disadvantage would completely ruin grapplers in this game, and adding it strike punishment similar to VF would require a completely different approach to doa's design. I don't think you realize how bad throw breaks would hurt this games core mechanics.
You might be right, I'm definitely not experienced enough on the subject to debate it with you so educate me! What would be so bad about allowing people to break standard throws as long as it isnt a brainless thing like SCVI and T7?

Raansu

You might be right, I'm definitely not experienced enough on the subject to debate it with you so educate me! What would be so bad about allowing people to break standard throws as long as it isnt a brainless thing like SCVI and T7?

Standard throws are already breakable, which I agree with as they are 5 frames. Makes sense to have a throw that fast be breakable. Command throws being breakable, especially when used as throw punishment would significantly hurt grapplers who are already at a disadvantage. Strikers can be even more aggressive and just buffer a throw break when a grappler goes for a throw punishment. It just adds another element of randomness to a game that doesn't need more random elements and it would hit grapplers the hardest.

Neutral throws you already have the options of fuzzy guarding and striking, and getting hit in neutral while trying to throw is pretty punishing since it puts you into a counter hit stun. Just my opinion that in DoA's game design and stun system that throw breaks would just make the risk of a neutral throw completely worthless.

I get why people want throw breaks though. Resets like Hitomi, Zack and Mila's 6T can be super frustrating and I hate those throws more than anyone (and I play Hitomi lol....), but I don't think it justifies a throw break system, especially given DoA's core design would have to be completely altered. DoA has a lot of flaws, but I don't think a lack of throw breaks is one of them. My personal opinion on issues like characters with reset throws is to give frame advantage, but remove the free hits from them (Mila's k, and Zacks PP) on throws outside of hi-counter.

Instead I'd like to see it be more like how DoA4 approached them....I know, shocker. I hate DoA4, but it did do some things well imo. Hitomi in DoA4 her 6T was +10 on normal. On hi-counter throw it was I believe +15. Basically it allowed for a guaranteed 46p (well unblockable, but holdable. Naturally if it ever came back it should be guaranteed. Me bad at explaining things lol), which I think is reasonable. Doesn't grant a stun game, just a simple knockback to reward the low damage throw punishment.

Last edited:

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Standard throws are already breakable, which I agree with as they are 5 frames. Makes sense to have a throw that fast be breakable. Command throws being breakable, especially when used as throw punishment would significantly hurt grapplers who are already at a disadvantage. Strikers can be even more aggressive and just buffer a throw break when a grappler goes for a throw punishment. It just adds another element of randomness to a game that doesn't need more random elements and it would hit grapplers the hardest.

Neutral throws you already have the options of fuzzy guarding and striking, and getting hit in neutral while trying to throw is pretty punishing since it puts you into a counter hit stun. Just my opinion that in DoA's game design and stun system that throw breaks would just make the risk of a neutral throw completely worthless.

I get why people want throw breaks though. Resets like Hitomi, Zack and Mila's 6T can be super frustrating and I hate those throws more than anyone (and I play Hitomi lol....), but I don't think it justifies a throw break system, especially given DoA's core design would have to be completely altered. DoA has a lot of flaws, but I don't think a lack of throw breaks is one of them. My personal opinion on issues like characters with reset throws is to give frame advantage, but remove the free hits from them (Mila's k, and Zacks PP) on throws outside of hi-counter.

Instead I'd like to see it be more like how DoA4 approached them....I know, shocker. I hate DoA4, but it did do some things well imo. Hitomi in DoA4 her 6T was +10 on normal. On hi-counter throw it was I believe +15. Basically it allowed for a guaranteed 46p, which I think is reasonable. Doesn't grant a stun game, just a simple knockback to reward the low damage throw punishment.
Hmmm... I still dunno. Everyone advocating for throw breaks seem to be implying the system wouldn't be that braindead. I literally don't see the ish here. If you're being aggressive on block and you expect a throw punish so you buffer the break that's a read. If you're being predictive, rather than reactionary, with a throw break doesn't that mean if I read your read and throw down for strike offense you goofed and you're eating it?

Additionally: If the issue you have with throw breaks is that grapplers would be at an even bigger disadvantage than they already are, isn't the answer there to address that already existing disadvantage?

Last edited:

Raansu

If you're being aggressive on block and you expect a throw punish so you buffer the break that's a read.

So the defender is never allowed to punish ever? Cool, you read the throw that I just did because you did something super unsafe and I went for the throw punish......oh a throw break.

It could happen only 10% of the time and it would still be a horrible mechanic to have in DoA. I'd only tolerate it in neutral throws. The minute your able to break out of throws done at disadvantage.....no just no. That is wrong on so many levels. You're just asking a good defender to be completely helpless at all times.

None of this really matters though. DoA6 wont have throw breaks and years down the road if we ever get DoA7 I pray that one wont have it either. If it does....well I probably wont play it.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Instead I'd like to see it be more like how DoA4 approached them....I know, shocker. I hate DoA4, but it did do some things well imo. Hitomi in DoA4 her 6T was +10 on normal. On hi-counter throw it was I believe +15. Basically it allowed for a guaranteed 46p, which I think is reasonable. Doesn't grant a stun game, just a simple knockback to reward the low damage throw punishment.
This would be fire. Lets get this in DOA6.

HiC throws doing different effects? More guaranteeds, better advantage? Banger.

Last edited:

Raansu

This would be fire. Lets get this in DOA6.

HiC throws doing different effects? More guaranteeds, better advantage? Banger.

Before DoA5 came out I was trying to get that mechanic back, but alas it didn't. I don't think it will return in 6 either even though I'd love it to. I wonder if Hitomi will get her DoA4 guard break back since that move will no longer be a PB like it was in 5.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Is that Air Throw from Diego new?

Also, for the wall splat, they still haven't shown if it's guaranteed launcher afterwards. I think it may be though.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Was the air throw part of the combo or was it spliced in? They moved pretty far from the wall when Diego went for the throw.
It was a part of the combo, as we can see him go for the grab before the camera cut and they moved back. This is a Leon thing. Leon used to be placed a lil further back when he hit an air throw for some reason. Maybe its so that you can see more of the enemy flying towards the wall, and they don't just immediately slam into it. Who knows lol

human013

It was a part of the combo, as we can see him go for the grab before the camera cut and they moved back. This is a Leon thing. Leon used to be placed a lil further back when he hit an air throw for some reason. Maybe its so that you can see more of the enemy flying towards the wall, and they don't just immediately slam into it. Who knows lol
I remember seeing it before but I don't remember if the characters moved as far back as Diego did.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD