DOA6 Graphics Thread

Tyaren

Standard Donor
melons.jpg

just_me

Standard Donor
Unfortunately they are not too familiar with the male anatomy :(

Look at the bright side… if someone complains that “TN's designers have never seen a real woman” you can now safely say that they apparently haven't seen a real man either. Equality!!! :p

Also… have to say that her DOA5 C1 looks pretty good in black…
I guess Christie losing her bra is the costumes break for this outfit… means Diego is no longer the only char with completely nonsensical breaks XD

Last edited:

Leclair

Yeah, I also I don't think it has anything to do with a low budget or time constraints, but simply with a lack of basic anatomy knowledge of who did the male body models. And it seems as if it is not just a lack of basic knowledge, but also a lack of artistic skill. Let me real quick sketch something to make my point...

Okay, to the right is what DOA6's body models basically (obviously a bit exaggerated) look like and to the left how they should rather look like:

View attachment 27504
Let's forget about the obvious anatomical errors, constructing a body in such an angular, stiff and unorganic and manner is aleady a sign of someone still lacking skill and courage to draw/sculpt human bodies.
I tutored design students in nude and figure drawing for a couple of semesters in uni, and this is what I always told students when drawing human bodies: "Bring curves into your drawing. The human body doesn't have a single perfectly straight bone." Building the body with concave and convex curves will make it look instantly much more organic and dynamic.
Males be looking like Minecraft
this recolor tho.
52C60F01-A540-40E0-B06A-2955CE656E61.jpeg

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
I don't care that Nico has blue hair. I do care that she has Marie's face and shits lightning particle effects with her attacks, the latter of which definitely does look out of place. This is where someone might say: "But Hayabusa now has ugly particle effects attached to a lot of his moves now as well!" I know, damnit. I know...
818.jpg

Okay, to the right is what DOA6's body models basically (obviously a bit exaggerated) look like and to the left how they should rather look like:
I think you got the "left" and "right" swapped in this sentence, but I agree with the essence of what you're saying.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Interesting... Those are 4K PS4 Pro shots. The resolution however is not native 4K, but looks like upscaled 1080p.

Those are some really round melons. But Team Ninja was always good at modellintg those. XD

DeadorAlive6_PS4_News_005.jpg

Seriously, lol, look how well modelled those watermelons in the background are.
You had me there lmfao. This post is underrated.

tenor.gif

Now the question is, are you the only one kind enough to actually tell me my mistake or where the others kind enough to not mention it, lol.
I was kind enough to not mention, I thought you would’ve figured it out..

Mama

The fugly hair, where the hair on top of the head is just rendered as low polygon jags is a remnant of DOA5. They didn't care to update it. Thing is in DOA5's lighting you hardly noticed it, in DOA6's lightning, where everything is so bright and overexposed, you do notice. :/

View attachment 27511
For someone who is supposed to be 25 or something, Jann Lee looks old.

Leclair

You had me there lmfao. This post is underrated.

I was kind enough to not mention, I thought you would’ve figured it out..
XD

Did anyone notice how off the lighting is on Christie though? :( The environment is dark, illuminated by orange lamplight, Christie's model however could as well stand in broad daylight. Where do the white reflections on her suit come from?

where in the hell did she get that dusty , crusty , musty ass wig from?
6479A69A-A358-4AC9-92F6-C922953DEC2E.jpeg

Last edited:

Xhominid The Demon Within

I don't care that Nico has blue hair. I do care that she has Marie's face and shits lightning particle effects with her attacks, the latter of which definitely does look out of place. This is where someone might say: "But Hayabusa now has ugly particle effects attached to a lot of his moves now as well!" I know, damnit. I know...
818.jpg

I think you got the "left" and "right" swapped in this sentence, but I agree with the essence of what you're saying.

But Hayabusa now has ugly particle effects attached to alot of his moves now as well.

1548727813246.png

So couldn't resist that...
But I will admit they need to stop with the Marie faces already or atleast further tune her out of it. I mean Japan loves the Youth look but come on man, have a little variety.

Still interested in her though.

Brute

Standard Donor
I mean, back when I was in middle-school high-school-through-college, there was always this bizarre phenomenon where people actually looked different. Like, they didn't all have the exact same facial structure and complexion. Bizarre, I know, but it would be cool to see TN acknowledge that.

Oh wait, they can, and did.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD