Does Leifang even have a weakness in 5?

synce

She's got good speed, power, evasiveness, combo grabs, OH, advanced counter and parry... I think Shinbori is showing his bias

Chaos

Shes also annoying to fight against. Her bitch ass wake up kicks follows you no matter how far you are, she spamms the :P::P::P: so its hard to get out of it, she can grab you super quick without warining, she blocks EVERY FUCKING MOVE you throw out, her damage input Is fuckin ridiculous. So yeah, Leifang is stronger than before and shes a awesome character but annoying as fuck
when you face her.

NightAntilli

Her weakness is long range offense. Her offense is great at short and mid range, but at long range it can be harder to control the fight. Not saying it's bad, but some other characters are superior to her in that regard. Other than that.. I don't think she really has any weaknesses.

Einzelkind

Fighting at long range is definitely her weak spot. She's also really linear, has bad sidestep moves and only two sitdown stuns, which are both slow as hell. She's always been a well-rounded character, though. Nothing new to DOA5.

Lobo

Long range hurts her.

Also her launchers are kinda bad. Most of them are 2 hits, so its pretty easy to counter them. Also, her guaranteed damage is pretty poor. She has 3 sit down stuns (2P+K, 3P4P, and BT P+K), one is a super slow mid, another is two mid punches, and the last one is yet another mid punch that can only be done BT.

She's also suuuper linear, so any char with a good sidestep can shut down a lot of her offense.

edit: I just remembered about her feint stun, so maybe her guaranteed damage isn't that bad

Madian

The only reason she's not god mode is because she has a bad match up against Bass and Tina. They can punish her parries hard with hi counter throws. Beyond that she's just so good. Safer than half the cast, easy damage, good offense and the best defense. Not to mention she has decent foot speed and some of the best costumes.

Chaos

Her weakness is long range offense. Her offense is great at short and mid range, but at long range it can be harder to control the fight. Not saying it's bad, but some other characters are superior to her in that regard. Other than that.. I don't think she really has any weaknesses.
*cough cough Sarah cough*

Raansu

She's too evasive, 1p is broken, her low sliding kick has no business stunning, she doesn't need those parries. The bitch is too well rounded.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
She is a Jack of all trades. She feels like her 3.1 counter part. Would be nice if all the other characters that were featured in 3.1 got their tools back. I just love here :K::2::K:

MasterHavik

Just went through her command. She's really good. But the stuff she has going into that new stance her isn't that good. I'll explain later. I gotta head to my lab.

Chaos

She's too evasive, 1p is broken, her low sliding kick has no business stunning, she doesn't need those parries. The bitch is too well rounded.
XD LMAO! Don't forget her overpowered safe strings & her annoying OH annnd she can grab you lighting fast. LOL

Madian

You know if you guys keep praising her TN is going to give her a nice big nerf.

As long as they don't go overboard I would approve of this. In concept she's suppose to be a defensive character but you have no need to play her like that with all her frame traps and safe pokes. The important thing is reasonable changes versus hate nerfs.

MasterHavik

As long as they don't go overboard I would approve of this. In concept she's suppose to be a defensive character but you have no need to play her like that with all her frame traps and safe pokes. The important thing is reasonable changes versus hate nerfs.
With what TN did to my Zack. Who knows what they'll do to Leifang.

phoenix1985gr

Last time i checked she isnt even considered high only mid... Anyway im really liking what i m hearing :p (i want the damn game now! Stupid country i live in...)

Lobo

XD LMAO! Don't forget her overpowered safe strings & her annoying OH annnd she can grab you lighting fast. LOL

Lei is faaar from safe. However, she doesn't lose much because of how much she can utilize string delay. I can do PP6P and wait who knows how long before I decide to input the last P or K. And now, she can also input 4 and ruin any over-aggressive opponents who try to interrupt her delays.

The only reason she's not god mode is because she has a bad match up against Bass and Tina. They can punish her parries hard with hi counter throws. Beyond that she's just so good. Safer than half the cast, easy damage, good offense and the best defense. Not to mention she has decent foot speed and some of the best costumes.

Rig is another bad matchup for her. His kicks ruin Lei's parry stance, and he has enough fast mids to make her crushes useless.

I'm also in agreement that moves that transition into Lei's parry stance are very risky, especially against patient opponents. All it takes is a throw as soon as you see Lei go into stance, for easy hi-counter damage. Her 4P+K by itself is pretty useful though. Much like Hitomi's punch parry.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD