Dragon Gunner set-ups

TRI Mike

Now that we know his DOA3 Gunner is back and it guarantees a 66K after it, I'd like to know if there are any other set-ups usable after a the successful throw. In open space, DG>66K doesn't seem to be a good set-up to go for guaranteed high damage because if there are no walls behind the opponent, 66K will simply leave them grounded a short distance away from Lee.

So, are there any other possible strings available after the Dragon Gunner¿ What other uses could it have besides guaranteeing a cool wall combo¿

TakedaZX

Uhhh. There's this punch combo, I think it's p6p, and then you play a bit of a stun game, but if I'm hearing it correctly, the combo is guaranteed. Watch Ryujin in the HIN tourney and you'll see him do it.

Darth Lotonic X

It seemed that the timing was strict for P6P (Lopedo was missing it).

Another option would be 6F+K into Dragon Stance. Also, in 2/3 you could get 4P(6P+K in 4) next to a wall if you wanted to go for more mix-ups.

lopedo

The timing is definitely more strict on it, which in my opinion is a good thing. If there is room for failure even on guaranteed moves in a fighter tells me the game is solid and requires practice, which is a good thing.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
It seemed that the timing was strict for P6P (Lopedo was missing it).

Another option would be 6F+K into Dragon Stance. Also, in 2/3 you could get 4P(6P+K in 4) next to a wall if you wanted to go for more mix-ups.

Since 6P+K is a CB! now, it does Knockback on hit so that wouldn't be viable.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
The Dragon Gunner has been in since DOA++.

It's the same only he has received his guaranteed damage back due to removing holds from throw and hold advantage.

Jefffcore

Wait, the dragon gunner was on DOA 3.1? :eek: Wow thats surpising. Im very happy my favorite character is upgraded but im wonder
if Jann Lee still has his :3: :F:?

Jann doesn't have anything using :3::F:. Do you mean something else? Are you using a different button config?

Edit: Disregard this post.

So I just found out about this and I gotta say I'm not liking it.
66T(try moving slightly forward in between)6F+K-3KP
This is after like 10 minutes of trying I think there is more potential in it if you use the dragon stance after F+K. Nonetheless this works and you can't hold out of it and probably not slowescape either.. 81 Guaranteed damage and they also roll away or hit a wall (for more dmg 90 - 110 depending what danger zone).

So yeah risk/reward-wise this move seems kinda overpowered.

Raansu

the dragon stance kick after 6f+k can be held. only the first hit after the dragon gunner is guaranteed which is why you go for a back stagger after you re stun them.

Euhh my bad. I didn't mean 4KP but 3KP after the 6F+K.. But I'm pretty sure you can hold the punch and maybe even the kick I'm not sure. Anyways that whole post is full of invalid information.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD