Dragon Stance. When to use it¿

TRI Mike

I'm finding problems implementing Dragon Stance into my gameplay with Jann Lee, I know 6P+K from it is a CB but it's very difficult to land it sometimes. Any good strings, set-ups or strategies¿

TakedaZX

I'm finding problems implementing Dragon Stance into my gameplay with Jann Lee, I know 6P+K from it is a CB but it's very difficult to land it sometimes. Any good strings, set-ups or strategies¿
P+K in Dragon Stance is cb, 6p+K will give you the same thing, the best time to use it would be to provide follow ups to the moves it comes out of, and to make a change up when things like 6PP and 6PK aren't landing anymore.

I'll come to you with more strategies if someone doesn't beat me to it, but 6p4 is a vital piece to your arsenal. The move is great, only stuns on counter but even still this opens up a plethora of options to mix up the opponent.

I have this other theory. Jann Lee has a taunt, that puts him into Dragon Stance. That being said if you pull out this taunt at the beginning of a match, you might be able to beat Kasumi or Christie to the punch(or atleast trade hits), this is risky I know, but this can work for anyone, 10 frame jabbers will be beat out at everything, and 11 frame jabbers can forget about it. Also his mid punch from is 10 frames. That means you'll beat any mid that they attempt to throw at you as well as probably trade hits with a 10 frame jabber, for probably more damage. This could be revolutionary if it's true. I'll test it.

Boodendorf

I have this other theory. Jann Lee has a taunt, that puts him into Dragon Stance. That being said if you pull out this taunt at the beginning of a match, you might be able to beat Kasumi or Christie to the punch(or atleast trade hits), this is risky I know, but this can work for anyone, 10 frame jabbers will be beat out at everything, and 11 frame jabbers can forget about it. Also his mid punch from is 10 frames. That means you'll beat any mid that they attempt to throw at you as well as probably trade hits with a 10 frame jabber, for probably more damage. This could be revolutionary if it's true. I'll test it.
I thought about it and tried putting it to test in real matches a while ago but I never managed to get the timing right to get into dragon stance right at the beginning of the round.

RyuJin

P+K in Dragon Stance is cb, 6p+K will give you the same thing, the best time to use it would be to provide follow ups to the moves it comes out of, and to make a change up when things like 6PP and 6PK aren't landing anymore.

I'll come to you with more strategies if someone doesn't beat me to it, but 6p4 is a vital piece to your arsenal. The move is great, only stuns on counter but even still this opens up a plethora of options to mix up the opponent.

I never thought about using the taunt at the start of the round. I'll give it a try tonight when I get home. Not sure how many frames the taunt is but I hope its not to long.

TRI Mike

Everyone seems to mid-punch hold after they see Lee going to DS, just use the kick and launch from there. Works 99% of the times for me.

TakedaZX

I never thought about using the taunt at the start of the round. I'll give it a try tonight when I get home. Not sure how many frames the taunt is but I hope its not to long.
I think this was the intention of the taunt getting dragon stance properties, but I can't be sure. The thing is since it's so unsafe raw, there doesn't seem to be any other way/use for it.

I've given it multiple tries, but I've never gotten a trade of hits between Kasumi or not, either she wins or i win... ? I wish we could have bots test this so they could both go for it, at the exact frame that the match starts.

RyuJin

The best time to use Dragon stance is during stun really. The only problem is that when you go into dragon stance no one has to worry about a throw. Which means that you will most likely see a counter.

You can also use it in the case of you doing something like p,2p and someone steps expecting either the p or k follow up. Although you could just as easily delay either of those options as well. Keep in mind you are - on block when going into dragon stance.

Dr Sexual

I think this was the intention of the taunt getting dragon stance properties, but I can't be sure. The thing is since it's so unsafe raw, there doesn't seem to be any other way/use for it.

I've given it multiple tries, but I've never gotten a trade of hits between Kasumi or not, either she wins or i win... ? I wish we could have bots test this so they could both go for it, at the exact frame that the match starts.

I've been working on this as well and it seems as though the taunt is just a frame or so too long to really allow using the stance at the start of the match viable.

RyuJin

I keep doing the taunt to early. For whatever reason if you do it at the start of the round and pressing anything (or hold down for to long) you will cancel the stance. I'm going to work on my timing today.

TakedaZX

I keep doing the taunt to early. For whatever reason if you do it at the start of the round and pressing anything (or hold down for to long) you will cancel the stance. I'm going to work on my timing today.
True that, I was online when I tested it so it gave a small bit of delay so, anyway yea this can be a destructive tool against kasumi at the beginning of the round, even though it still is about mind games.

Dr Sexual

Ah, All this time I thought we were talking about his default taunt where he kinda just jumps up on his toes and does his little pose thing because it works out of that too.

I've tried doing it out of his stance switch too (2p+k,) but like you said the timing or something seems to be off when doing it pre match.

Dr Sexual

Hey guys on the topic of pre match taunts I just discovered that if you do Jann's regular "Whataa" taunt prior to the start of the match you crush all PPP strings and can go directly into his rising 46P dragon fist.

Dont know if thats new but its pretty reliable and the timing doesnt even seem too tough.

RyuJin

Hey guys on the topic of pre match taunts I just discovered that if you do Jann's regular "Whataa" taunt prior to the start of the match you crush all PPP strings and can go directly into his rising 46P dragon fist.

Dont know if thats new but its pretty reliable and the timing doesnt even seem too tough.

I used to do that in DOA2U all the time. It is cool though I just don't want to be hit by a launcher or a string that has a mid in it.

HiguraShiki

Personally, I find dragonstance most usefull after dragon gunner by doing a small dash and 6H+K4 and after mid punch holding and doing 4pp4. If you mid punch hold and the opponent has low HP, you might as well just do the full 4pppp string btw.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD