DrDogg...

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I wish I could praise the guide with y'all but there is one thing that has annoyed me with it. Every character with stance. The guide doesn't list what move puts you directly in the the stance. Helena's :2: :P+K: is not listed in her move list. Most characters with stances have that problem.
Other than that, this guide has really stepped my game up.
The game doesn't tell you that either and that includes in command training. Not really a fault of the guide so much as the game it's based on. Since most characters have a large amount of ways into their stances it would have been ridiculous to list even one. Alpha-152 is a big offender on that front.

NikkySan

Does anyone know where to get the guide in Australia? I've tried all of the stores near me that sell the game and none of them carry it.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
You may need to buy online if you can't find it locally. If any of them are chains and their site carries it they may be able to order a copy as well.

Lobo

Any one now if an e-version of the guide will be released. I really want the guide, but definitely can't buy it here, and I'm getting pretty tired of paying crazy prices to get things shipped here.

Plus, it would be really cool to have the guide on my tablet so I can read on the long bus rides I have to take everyday.

DrDogg

Thanks for the compliments guys! There was a great deal of work put into the guide so it's refreshing to see people enjoying it so much.

Some of the unlocking shit is wrong (in particular, how to unlock the "special" costumes), but having the frame data in an easy to reference format without having to turn on the move data is nice.

What exactly in incorrect?

After hearing all the hype over it, this is the only guide since Super Smash Bros. Brawl came out that I will have purchased. Seems like everyone is really liking it for the most part.

I wrote the Brawl guide as well. ^_^

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
What exactly in incorrect?

For the Legend costumes, you do not have to be the character you're trying to unlock it for. The guide says you do. I got Tina's with Brad Wong. I think I got Christie's with him too. Lisa can go burn in hell because she doesn't get to wear dental floss. Fuck Survival.

TheTHCGamer

So is it safe to assume that your also a fan of the smash bros games Bryan? I am been playing those games since the first one was released on N64 and its pretty much been the reason i purchased my last 2 nintendo consoles.

Arnell Long

Fuck Survival.

Man bro, still waiting on my Guide.

So in "Champ" Survival how many wins does it takes to complete?

Also, how many wins does it take to beat the last 3?

I'm on Champ right now cause I'm a Lisa player and with me having Tina's/Christie's already, I'm obligated to do so, but got damn is Survival a pain in the anal...!

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor

I'm on Champ right now cause I'm a Lisa player and with me having Tina's/Christie's already, I'm obligated to do so, but got damn is Survival a pain in the anal...!
They're all 100 after Hard. Unconfirmed rumor of 130 for Legend, but I haven't seen any proof.

Brute

Standard Donor
lol, didn't see this thread until just now. But yeah, I agree. Just got it shipped in today.

A couple of Hayate's moves confused me a little, including his 9KKK and 66KKK being "Jumping Mid-Punch" rather than Kicks, but I'm not sure if those are errors or a classification system I'm unfamiliar with.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor

last 4 modes are all 100 >__>
good luck .. its a pain..
I just miss the fruit that popped out of character's asses when you stomped on them ..

DrDogg

That would be true if frame data on Eliot's Parries "was" accurate.

Unfortunately, in order to make the frame data as accurate as possible with the day one patch, we had to use files directly from Tecmo. I was not able to verify any of the data since I did not have access to a day one patch build of the game. Because of this, there may be some slight issues here and there, but it shouldn't be anything major. We had to sacrifice the ability to double/triple check everything, in favor of overall accuracy.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD