Duck and Sway the Night Away!

Yaguar

This is going to be an on going little project. There are a lack of Zack players and in hopes of someone thinking "I want to pick him up" I think having a resource for them is a good way to go.
I may expand this to contain all collective information but for now I'll be covering Duck and Sway. Two of his tools that used badly by a lot of people. Without further ado here I go.
NB: Any issues or comments please let me know. All additions changes shall be credited.

Duck and Sway the Night Away!
- A progressive look at Zack.

Sway and Duck are fantastic. They have good synergy, expand your mixup potential and offer off some evasion.

Duck:
Entry options:
:2::P+K:
:4::K: :2:
:2::P: :2:
Sway (:4::P:) :2:
:P::P::2:
:3::P+K: :2:
Zack Uppercut (get buttons tomorrow) :2:

Why is Duck so bad ass? You hit a :4::K: and you are leading into some power from this little thing.
The thing with duck is... No one knows how to handle it. They know it has punches and we know it has punches. What they suffer to notice is that it also has grabs, kicks, sway options, all accessible at nearly any point from any other move!

Duck is possibly the most underrated tool in the game. Why? More often than not it is used BADLY!
Duck is a mixup and one that is available from a broad array of his skill set. If you are trying to use it initially, you will probably have a bad time. If you're using it from :2::P: NH, bad time. Not that you can't, you just have to have some initial ground work before something like that is possible.

:P::P::6::P:
- Groundwork. From here you have :K: and :2::K:. A couple of these are people are thinking "well it is one or the other." What wont they see coming? :2: :P+K:. You just used duck and got a launch.

The most effective way to use duck is as an expansion to your existing mind games. You will have to do some groundwork but once you add that as option #3, #4 and even #5 to something else, you just gained a complete mind fuck over somebody who was already struggling because you are Zack, and he is AWESOME!

Options:
My top options are as follows ( in no particular order ):
:2::2: (Super Mecha "Oh look you're Awesome!" Dodge).
- Leads into :K: (Low sweep, knocks down into :2::K:~) or :P: (Large Knock back).
- This has evasive properties! The only time I ever suggest using duck as a go into via :2::P+K: is if you plan to follow up here. You can avoid rushdown and turn the agro around. Sod side stepping, you just made yourself look 10x cooler.

:4: (Sway).
- Sway and duck have synergy. Sway lets you shift back in to using High attacks as well as 1 of your Critical Bursts (:P+K: in Sway). Use that duck to set this bad boy up and follow through for a filthy finish.
As best to my experience rather than hardfast knowledge heading into sway and cancelling gets you access to your standard moveset FASTER than duck cancelling. This means you can throw a few hits and sway out into something different e.g:
:2::P+K::P::P::4: :h: :4::K:

I use sway as a means to get back to highs, a mid punch counter will eat :P::P: like a bitch. Pushing on block? :2: :P: you just switched it back to duck and screwed their high crush hard. You can loop around as follows for as long as you can get away with vs. a block:
(Duck) :P::P::4: :P::P::2: ~repeat (MM~HH~)

All Options:
NB: Frames hastily thrown in whilst I was testing something else.
:P::P: (:P:) - 15 / 18 / 21
- 3 mid's. Final one launches. The first 2 can cancel out in to any other option.
:P::P::6_::P::6_::P: (:P:) - 15 / 18 / 16 / 18 / 21
- Extend the standard :P::P: with 2 more hits, follows into the same launcher as the normal string.
:K: - 19
- Mid kick launcher.
:P+K: - 12
- Fast launcher, forgot its landing height and frames. For now as best I recall - High.
:2::2: - Side step and slip across the floor has 2 follow ups:
- :P: - 36 - Mid Punch, knocks back.
- :K: - 34 - Low kick, sweeps, difficult to tech, nearly always get :2::K:~ from it.
:4: - Returns to sway.
:H+P: - 8
- Combo grab (:K: to follow up) - breaking leads into +Frames.

So what does Duck offer me again?:
- Evasion from Highs.
-- Evasion from all none tracking with :2::2:
- Looping pressure.
- Massive addition to mix up.
- Makes you look like you know what you're doing.

Sway - Coming soon!

Yaguar

good stuff on duck. i need to stop doing raw ducks though.

Yeah, raw duck will just get you grabbed or is like trying to follow up from a huge unsafe hit.
I found the best way to make up for a raw duck is :2::2:. If you are gonna get grabbed there isn't a lot you can really, just eat it sadly. Online though using :P+K: (12 frames) is possibly the best option.

The greatest option is just to stop doing them =p

Yaguar

I like :2::P: on its own, personally find :2::P+K: :2::2: better as it is quicker out right.

You do seem to get more personal style to Zack since really... everything is just as bad as everything else =p

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD