Community Ein's Outfit Quest!

Kronin

37gHBAN.png

Or for not taking it too much seriously...

Wdx8Ct3.png

Some days ago I stated that I was working on a new design for Ein, something that hopefully will be able to be presented in a future contest for Last Round addressed to the fans and their creations.

Like many - if not all - the fans of Ein around FSD, I'm of the opinion that the vestiary for Ein is truly lacking in DoA5, or at least seems to have lost part of the vibe presented in DoA2 and DoA4. Being a big fan of the character and wishing to be helpful for other people like me, my purpose it's the one to create something that could be appreciated for the majority of them. Having heavily failed in the first contest, I'm trying to do a second attempt, this time looking more actively for suggestions from the fans (and not only) of Ein.

Without losing other time, I made a collage of my design and the details related to it:

gVuuDkz.jpg

(PS: the "revengeance" word in the tiitle is just for the lulz so not take it seriously XD; like I already said various times, I think to understand even too much well because TN didn't choose my design in the 1st contest).

I need to spent some words about the design: I don't do it because I think to have created what a masterpiece, but just for being more able to make understand the choice done, in the hope to share better the reasons for me to do something rather than another one helping later the eventual discussion on it (all things that I can't communicate only showing my concept for Ein).

By the way if you don't want read anything you can jump directly to the real important part is the second one "2. Clarifications on the design" giving explanations about it, and then read the conclusions.

1. The general idea:

Many people are of the opinion that Ein is lacking of a true casual outfit in the DoA5 series (excluding his inconical C1, the outfit from the casual pack - that I like - appears to be too much peculiar for being considered "casual"). For this reason I believe that the efforts should be addressed for giving to him something of this kind.

This design is close to something already presented to the community from the user Tyaren:

This is not coincidential because I agree with what he said about Ein deserving an outfit in style with his past ones but at the same time renewed for appearing more contemporary and not 80/90 ish. His representation of an Ein in Jeans and a Biker Jacket is surely not the only solution possible, but definitely one of them (at least in my opinion, I'm doing this thread just for being disproved if this is the case).

However I want indicate that I didn't reach a solution similar to Tyaren's design starting from his outfit, rather instead trying indeed to rielaborate some of Ein's past ones.

3XpNNGe.png

UWnZ2sw.png

Finally, as last source for my design I've to add my entry for the contest of designs hold from Anthony Birraux "Show the love", where I presented an idea close to my original one for the first contest, then discarded in favor of something more "crazy". Indeed this last design (EDIT: "Revengeance" as named from Kwon XD) want also be a sort of evolution from the one below:

cjSCo0q.png

(Don't make case to the combo hood + buttons, this is clearly a conceptual mistake)

2. Clarifications on the design

The design so far is not colored because I wait before to do it to finalize it (through this thread). Being my drawing skills poor and not the best for a scanned art, surely some details are not so clear. For other elements I think to add some brief description that could end to appear in the final entry when ended.

1. Jacket + Shirt: I used a jacket leather slevess, under it there is a shirt with half sleeves. This is a key element of the design and at this step of the development I'm not sure how much is clear from my drawing, so I thought to clarify it. The shirt is the part of the outfit indicated from the red color:

6CqOQRz.jpg

2. Eagle on the back: This is the only thing of my previous design where I'm completely satisfied of the outcome, I think that it ended very good and if possible I would like to see it on a design of mine.
    Originally thought as a modernish medieval arms, I reahed the conclusion that could work pretty well even as stampo of a biker jacket. The golden color is only temporary, not sure about the final one.

3. Necklace: Not very much to say about it, this is just Htiomi's trademark eagle. When I created my design I thought in the beginning to use it, I like the symbol and and the idea to unite together the two characters from this common element. Later I decided to go with an personal idea from me, but in part I still wished for using it. I tried to come with a middle way in this design.

4. Buckle: Having just over it the connected Jackes' belt of the jacket, for avoiding a visual repetition I thought to put on the jeans a metal kind of (I think that the correct name should be "Sporty Belt"?), surely more modern being this the purpose of the outfit.

The drawing on the buckle (that in my mind should end to be high ground or engraved in the plaque) is not an "E" but a "stilish" lowercase Epsilon, an obvious reference to the role fo the character in the plot of the game. Not sure if my drawing of the letter works well.

images

5. Gloves: The gloves are a simplification/redesign of real Pro MMA that I saw in this picture.

pro_mma_glove2_2-scaled1000.jpg

I wanted give to Ein something different from what usually wears Hitomi or Jann Lee, but at the same time neither the classic Karate mitts (I mean the ones close to the boxing gloves). Even not being specifically designed for Karate, I thought that they could works pretty well for Ein, at the same time appearing even stilish in comparison with the rest of the outfit. Of course I'm here also for hearing what you think about this.

6. Chains: This is the element that I like more in the casual DLC outfit for Ein, and that I saw has old origins for him (as you can see in the official concept of his with "disco outfit" XD, originally it was thought with them). Surely I would like to see it again in another casual one, even better if the chains could get a good big movement during the gameplay (unlikely).

I added the particular of the zoom on the rings for making clear how the "circle ones" are smaller compared to the "rectangular ones", but overall for making sure that everything is united between rings (in the main front and back view could be thought that the rings are uniteds between "long vertical metal plaques", I can't explain myself better, sorry). Not a must have for the outfit, but I wanted be sure to give the correct image of what I was thinking.

7. Lapel: Exactly as for the Jacket/Shirt, I'm not sure how much is clear that the jeans end with a lapel (I represented the other side of the side of the jeans seam even on them). They could appear slighty bigger than the usual, I admit that for them I was inspired to the exaggerated elements that sometimes are visible in Japanese animated works.

aspwzSD.jpg

8. Coloring: I have a few general ideas for it (for example I would like to give to the jeans a discolored effect - if able to do it), but in definitive I will think to it when the idea of the outfit will be finalized.

3. Discarded ideas

Strangely enough for my standards during the development I come with many ideas, anyway many I ended to discard many of them. For mentioning only the most important ones, they were almost all related to the top of the outfit:
  • Open jacket: Originally my idea for the jacket was the one to make it open, not only because usually this is considered a "cool" style XD, but also because like Shiranui said me, this is a simple trick for adding more variety and color to your design through the showing of the shirt below. But in the end I decided to not go for it just for getting more variety possible from other similar outfits already appearing in the game: Jacky and Jann Lee are kind of guys very close to Ein's character for personality and both of them are shown wearing jackets in this way, so I opted for a different solution.

• Jacket with sleeves or half sleeves: Idem, same reasoning already done for the previous point. I've to say anyway that a jacket with long sleeves would be able to make this design more different than Ein's C1.

• Additional belt on the collar: Not always, but some leather jackets (even sleeves ones) own a belt (with a standard buckles or "pressing buttons" system) on the collar of them. Of course just for a fashion choice, not because really functional:

57EDZ3n.png

I would have liked to add it, but I thought that maybe I would have created useless clipping including them, so in the end I removed this element.

• Last Round text / Jacket's backside: Following the original idea of the open jacket, my plan was to put on it a stamp saying "Last Round" (using the original logo of the game or texting it in another font), in perfect parallel with the "Hardcore" text on Ein's new outfit for the PS2 remake, then translated even on DoA2U with its remake. Closing the jacket and making his shirt invisible, I thought that I could add it on the back together with the eagle, seeing how many jackets have effectively text accompanying stamps. However in the end I abandoned the idea because I believed that there were already too much symbols in this design on the stamp, on the necklace and on the belt. Even so I'm not sure if the only eagle is enough to stay alone on the backside of the jacket.

• Bandages on the arms: After getting the decisions over mentioned, the problem remained how to show Ein's arms. I wanted avoid all the cuffs worn from Ein in DoA2 for keeping more originality and I thought that could be a good idea to make wear him bandages (something that many fans liked in Ein, wishing him to wear it again in his Gi outfit; more I don't think that it's a case that even his fan design for Last Round include them). Anyway when I draw them on Ein I thought that they appeared a little off, giving the image of a "raw warrior" that fits well with fighting uniforms or "street looks" as the shirtless Jacky in his fan design, but not so much with something more elaborated like this design.

• Triple chain: My design for Anthony contest had three chains, but in this design I thought that they could have "wighted" the outfit, in addition to eventual problems of clipping, so I reduced their number to two differentiating each other.

• Ruined stamp for the Jacket: This is not properly a discarded one but more a technically very doubtful: always related to the backside eagle logo, if being able to do it with the colorization (and I don't think so), I would like to give to it the effect of a ruined stamp that lost part of his pieces and that doesn't own an homogenous color but small cracks: the "Hardcore" text in the Ein's old outfit (the DoA2U remake version) or the "Last Round" logo can give an idea of what I mean for final outcome. If you appreciate the idea I will try to go with something similar if I will be able to get a good and realistic effect for it, but I don't have big hopes.

Conclusion (also known as "tl;dr" XD):

As anticipated in the beginning, the purpose of this thread is to get from Ein's fans, passionate designers of the community and in general from the fans of the game interested in giving to Ein an outfit more close to his persona, advices or suggestions for achieving it. I have in mind some names of users that I would like to hear about the argument, but I would like avoid to mention them for fear to give the impression that I'm not interested to the opinions of the other ones.

I created an outfit like basis (under the assumption that was a right one) for favouriting this process, but everything in my design can be subject to changes or alterations in any measures. I can only share my vision but I need to get even the one for others for realizing something able to appeal everyone.

The only thing that I would like clarify is that:
1) I hope to get honest opinion from everyone, so if you think that something sucks say it without problems, this is the only way for improving without getting false expectations;
2) Like everyone, I can't satisfy everyone but just trying to do my best for the majority. So if I should receive opposite suggestions, of course it will be impossible for me to follow both of them. After all I hope that in similar cases discussions on the subject should help to take decisions on similar things.

Of course it's also pretty possible that my design in its current shape can be already more than good for almost everyone interested... but considering my previous works I really doubt about a similar evenience XD

hOiTKN2.png

PS:
Of course I opened the thread for discussing my design, but the general purpose of this topic is to find some great alternatives for Ein able to be presented sooner or later to Team NINJA in a new general contests design, or at least that could be found appreciable for someone wishing to make mods of them. So if someone have personal ideas for outfits for Ein is more than free, on the opposite invited, to post them here for discussing them too with everyone (if he wish so).

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

Ein's costumes are indeed a disappointing factor in this game, considering he now has 8 costumes and only 3 are really useable and not "joke" or very sexualised or just plain nonsensical. (why IS his casual a painter's overalls with paint splattered everywhere? and why does he not have a shirt under it?)

I've had this ulterior design for a while, it's loosely based on what I'd wear but styalised to be fitting for Ein.

Top:
red checked hooded jacket (unbuttoned) and rolled up sleeves.
671140594_o.jpg

other colour options

21746ba

and slight design difference (but gives off too much of a male "hitomi look"
51b1EJ1zY+L.jpg

Undershirt:
something comical but still a little cool xD
KYOKUSHIN_KARATE_OSU__Kanji_Logo_Martial_Art_Men_s_White_T-Shirt_Size_S-3XL.JPG

but more serious suggestions
a white/black sleeveless t-shirt/tank top with a printed logo, I'm thinking Ein/Hayate's owl logo OR Hitomi father's dojo logo although I believe that is yet to be designed xD likely to use the eagle. (other suggestions is also based on @Tenryuga's avatar so a turtle in a karate gi and black belt haha)

Wrists:
I was thing of something along the lines of a beaded bracelet
surfer-style-wooden-bead-bracelet-for-men.jpg

and below that perhaps I was thinking of something like this
upload_2015-1-28_18-27-6.jpeg

perhaps this brown to go with the beads or black.

Jeans:
for the pants I'm thinking stonewashed jeans with maybe slight tattering (to give tribute to his original early 90's style but still contempory)
Stone-wash.jpg

I decided to go the slim fit jeans since I cant have Hitomi rocking the skinnys + studded belt combo :p

that's something else I thought about, a studded belt
masterdis-special-stud-men-belt-black-silver_MasterDis-Special-31592_0.jpg

for a traditional look
OR
a slightly more styalised version
23231_black_essentials_decibel_pyramid_stud_belt1.jpg

Shoes:
this is the hard part for me, I can never decide on it haha.
dc-shoes-court-vulc-skate-shoes-for-men-in-dark-slate-black~p~4294f_03~1500.2.jpg

ipath-grasshopper-skate-shoes-for-men-in-smoke-white~p~5606m_01~1500.3.jpg

144-DVS-Mastiff-Mens-Leather-Skate-Shoes-for-Men-1.jpg

these are some I thought about obviously without the logos (also still not as silly as Busa wearing Jordans in DOA1 xD)

ChaolanLegacy

This costume design for Ein is so good that it would be my favourite one to use in any DOA game. It's too bad that he hardly has any costumes compared to characters like say,Kasumi(ok,I know the reason for that,but still),not to mention that a few of the costumes were in DOA 2 as well.Ok,we can have the sunglasses on the desired costume or we can remove them,but still,for the old ones it wouldn't really give a different feel to them.It would be amazing if this would be a usable costume.

KwonJigglypuff

I wish Tyaren could design more outfits, his Eliot and Momiji are just too beautiful. Helena would rock so much with a leather officer jacket.

This design he came up for Ein is just too beautiful. I'd definitely buy it.

Last edited:

Kronin

This costume design for Ein is so good that it would be my favourite one to use in any DOA game.

Are you talking about my idea? If so thanks, by the way there is always room for improvement and nothing is perfect XD Make me know if you have some suggestions or something seems to you out of place.

Ein's costumes are indeed a disappointing factor in this game, considering he now has 8 costumes and only 3 are really useable and not "joke" or very sexualised or just plain nonsensical. (why IS his casual a painter's overalls with paint splattered everywhere? and why does he not have a shirt under it?)

I've had this ulterior design for a while, it's loosely based on what I'd wear but styalised to be fitting for Ein.

Top:
red checked hooded jacket (unbuttoned) and rolled up sleeves.
671140594_o.jpg

other colour options

21746ba

and slight design difference (but gives off too much of a male "hitomi look"
51b1EJ1zY+L.jpg

Undershirt:
something comical but still a little cool xD
KYOKUSHIN_KARATE_OSU__Kanji_Logo_Martial_Art_Men_s_White_T-Shirt_Size_S-3XL.JPG

but more serious suggestions
a white/black sleeveless t-shirt/tank top with a printed logo, I'm thinking Ein/Hayate's owl logo OR Hitomi father's dojo logo although I believe that is yet to be designed xD likely to use the eagle. (other suggestions is also based on @Tenryuga's avatar so a turtle in a karate gi and black belt haha)

Wrists:
I was thing of something along the lines of a beaded bracelet
surfer-style-wooden-bead-bracelet-for-men.jpg

and below that perhaps I was thinking of something like this
View attachment 8691
perhaps this brown to go with the beads or black.

Jeans:
for the pants I'm thinking stonewashed jeans with maybe slight tattering (to give tribute to his original early 90's style but still contempory)
Stone-wash.jpg

I decided to go the slim fit jeans since I cant have Hitomi rocking the skinnys + studded belt combo :p

that's something else I thought about, a studded belt
masterdis-special-stud-men-belt-black-silver_MasterDis-Special-31592_0.jpg

for a traditional look
OR
a slightly more styalised version
23231_black_essentials_decibel_pyramid_stud_belt1.jpg

Shoes:
this is the hard part for me, I can never decide on it haha.
dc-shoes-court-vulc-skate-shoes-for-men-in-dark-slate-black~p~4294f_03~1500.2.jpg

ipath-grasshopper-skate-shoes-for-men-in-smoke-white~p~5606m_01~1500.3.jpg

144-DVS-Mastiff-Mens-Leather-Skate-Shoes-for-Men-1.jpg

these are some I thought about obviously without the logos (also still not as silly as Busa wearing Jordans in DOA1 xD)

This is a nice idea Upside, the red jacket give me a vibe from his DoAD C1 and the ironical undershirts that you thought would be great (even if I believe that at this point would be better to go for something serious in all his parts given his current vestiary XD).

The bracelet and the belt that you thought are truly in-character according to me, a perfect alternative to certain elements that we have already seen in the past games. In particular I really think that your belt could work even on my design if not better than my choice (where the belt is perfectly ordinary if not for the buckle). What do you think about? The point is that I wanted avoid to use again astandard buckle under the one of the jacket (as I said), and I don't believe that my sporty kind of buckle could be fitting with your belt...

The jeans slight tattering are another thing that I can see pretty well on Ein, I didn't go with them because already used from Tyaren and I wanted go with something that was the most different possible (even if a leather jacket is still there).

My only doubt are just about the shoes, maybe the first two models appear to be a little too much younger for Ein that has always used something more adult. I believe that the third model could be something better for him. By the way I'm neither too much sure of my choice of shoes, I used them because I really like the model (very particular with all the zips) and I think that could work with the rest of the design with certain colors. But I wasn't too much focused in what measure was something that Ein would have worn, I just think to have found the first serious mistake of my design.

I wish Tyaren could design more outfits, his Eliot and Momiji are just too beautiful. Helena would rock so much with a leather officer jacket.

This design he came up for Ein is just too beautiful. I'd definitely buy it.

I surely agree on everything you said. Be sure that partecipating to the first contest with that design, Tyearen's EIn would have ended to be selected for the game from Team NINJA.

But guys, @UpSideDownGRUNT and @KwonJigglypuff, what about my idea? It can work, it can't work? Needs of some adjustments, a complete restyling? Is there something that is particularly fitting or on the opposite that it's just a no way? Make me know what you think and don't worry, you don't have to make a wall of text like mine on all the aspects of my outfit (I had to do for explaining it), even some simple brief suggestions can be more than enough.

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

I'm going to be honest because I like your propositions. :)

"Revengeance"
I like this costume overall.
Love the jacket, the belt, the rings, the gloves and the chains. Shoes could be more "punkish" and heavy.
I'd replace the eagle with " 壱 " (Ein/number one in Japanese). The eagle symbol is a bit redundant.
Not sure which colors I'd use though for the T-shirt though.

"Show The Love Costume"
Don't like this one, it's too plain, has no real style and I don't like the colors. It would match Hitomi's ugly C1 though.

ChaolanLegacy

Are you talking about my idea? If so thanks, by the way there is always room for improvement and nothing is perfect XD Make me know if you have some suggestions or something seems to you out of place.

Yep,was talking about your idea. This is really close to perfection actually,but you are definitely right,there are always little things that you can improve here and there.The lapel was an interesting idea,caught me by surprise,the costume looks really good even without it,but it's a nice addition.Outside of that,the bandages on the arms isn't a bad idea either,I'd go with it.Putting aside these minor things,this costume looks ready to be used.

Kronin

I'm going to be honest because I like your propositions. :)

Thanks so much and don't worry, the point of this thread is just the one to get any feedback, otherwise I would have never created it but just going with my design and stop XD

"Revengeance"
I like this costume overall.
Love the jacket, the belt, the rings, the gloves and the chains. Shoes could be more "punkish" and heavy.
I'd replace the eagle with " 壱 " (Ein/number one in Japanese). The eagle symbol is a bit redundant.
Not sure which colors I'd use though for the T-shirt though.

Ahahaha! "Revengenace" wasn't thought for being the name of the design but it was only a joke for my second attempt in a casual design for Ein togheter with my Raiden's avatar. But I think that it's a really nice thought, I think that I will keep it XD

Thanks for your compliments and about your suggestion:
  • Like I said in my previous post, I admitted to have never thought exactly if the shoes were a good idea for Ein, I made the mistake to think that they seemd to me nice in asbolute, ma not in relationship with the outfit and the character. So yes, they could be an element needed of reworking.
  • I'm sad to abandon my eagle's drawing but your idea for including in place the Japanese "Ein" it's really great. I will try definitely to make an attempt considering the idea! =)

"Show The Love Costume"
Don't like this one, it's too plain, has no real style and I don't like the colors. It would match Hitomi's ugly C1 though.

Don't worry about it, I don't plan to use this costume: I posted it just for using it as one of my sources of inspiration for the only design that I really wanted present ("Revengeance") ;)

Yep,was talking about your idea. This is really close to perfection actually,but you are definitely right,there are always little things that you can improve here and there.The lapel was an interesting idea,caught me by surprise,the costume looks really good even without it,but it's a nice addition.Outside of that,the bandages on the arms isn't a bad idea either,I'd go with it.Putting aside these minor things,this costume looks ready to be used.

Thanks so much for your feedback,
  • Maybe I should try to reduce the lapel so to give to it a less cartoonish appearence. I would like to keep it just for making the design more different than what you could usally expect, seemed to me an element of originality.
  • About the bandages, I will try again to draw them on the actual outfit so to make a comparison with my current gloves.

Thanks for your suggestions @KwonJigglypuff and @ChaolanLegacy! I will try to make drawings of your suggestions trying to show to you a possible final outcome =)

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

It"s funny you speak about Raiden, because the other day I was thinking Ein was the Raiden of DOA, and I was googling Raiden's MGS2 design thinking it would suit Ein really well for an Epsilon costume.

Actually, you could write "Epsilon" on these, as accessories.

000_0158.jpg
dt.jpg

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Next time my sister comes around I'll ask her to design an outfit. She's been an Ein freak since she started playing DOA with me way back when.

Kronin

It"s funny you speak about Raiden, because the other day I was thinking Ein was the Raiden of DOA,

Lol, I think to understand because you compare MGS2 Raiden (that I always liked) to DoA5' Ein XD

and I was googling Raiden's MGS2 design thinking it would suit Ein really well for an Epsilon costume.

Actually, you could write "Epsilon" on these, as accessories.

000_0158.jpg
dt.jpg

Actually I think that a similar suite as the one of Raiden in MGS2 could fit pretty well Ein me too if thought as experimental outfit for his experiments with DOATEC. The important thing would be to make it very different from what now own the ninja, or Phase 4, and a similar design would be very different from the rest.

Now I believe that the priority is to create a casual outfit for Ein, but after I could think to make something similar for the eventual next Halloween contest. Many people already imagined in fanarts Ein wearing similar outfits during his prisony, something surely more appealing of his "red trousers outfits with chains" (that anyway it's a classic and I like it), so something fantasy but at the same time associated with Ein's canon past seems to me a good idea for an Halloween outfit (and it would be able to satisfy both the people looking for a serious/canon outfit and a fantasy one). However this is material for another "quest" ;)

I believe that your ideas (the choker and the dog tags) are to be associated to a similar suit. I believe that one discards the other, according to the kind of outfit that you can do (more "futuristic" or "military" inspirated) and the Epsilon text could be nice. However both of them doesn't seem to me fitting too much well with a design as what I thought. Also I would like to limit the most possible the allusions with Epsilon, as Zeo is working on a design using that text. The "Epsilon" letter on the belt was a last minute idea for using a nice, and with a meaning, drawing for the buckle, but I could think to change it if I come with a better alternative.

Next time my sister comes around I'll ask her to design an outfit. She's been an Ein freak since she started playing DOA with me way back when.

This is great, more people work for an Ein's deisng, more there is the chance to come with a great outfit for him. My purpose is not the one to create a great outfit for Ein (even if i'm trying to do it), rather to see Ein wearing a great outfit indipendetly from the author ;)

But what about my design XZero? Do you think that can or can't work? What you find enough good for remaining or enough bad for being removed? Make me think your honest thoughts, I don't wish for compliments but for true opinion even harsh =)

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
I'll give you my thoughts when I get home from school. My phone's auto correct and slide spelling (dragging your finger and the phone spells the word out) is a real pain in the ass.
Example, I had to correct those sentences and this one several times just responding and I prefer proper grammar when I send messages.

Kronin

I'll give you my thoughts when I get home from school. My phone's auto correct and slide spelling (dragging your finger and the phone spells the word out) is a real pain in the ass.
Example, I had to correct those sentences and this one several times just responding and I prefer proper grammar when I send messages.

Sure I understand, to write from the phone can be a living hell XD

I will wait for your post, no problem =)

Last edited:

Zeo

This is going to be a long post guys, so be ready for it. First I'll touch on everyone else's designs.

@Kronin
Revengance:
The outfit as a whole feels like a more casual and upbeat variation of my design, but has it's own unique feel and style. So let's get down to the nitty gritty.

For starters the vest is pretty cool and the closed look is definitely different for Ein of all people. I'm not exactly feeling the multiple zipper look though. They don't make sense in terms of functionality and seem like they're just there to be there, or rather look "cool". But they could potentially translate better into the actual game so who knows. The eagle is cool and sets a contrast from Hitomi's phoenix, but I think the "Ein" japanese symbol would work just as well on the back of the vest if not better.

The belt is legit, nothing to add other than potentially changing what looks like an E to the japanese symbol of Ein. "壱". The Jeans are on point as well. The chains give a unique feel and Ein's pants are never folded up at the bottom. I feel like the shoes should be different somehow, maybe wearing something like combat boots with that outfit rather than traditional gym shoes. The gloves are also a little plain, something to spice them up would be nice unless they are going to be traditional brown or black. The chain can stay as well. It's a nice touch even without an eagle on the vest.

Now for color scheme, I'm getting a red/yellow/tan/brown feel from the outfit.

Light tan pants, brown vest and gloves with white undershirt. The eagle or "Ein" symbol would either be white or tan like the pants. I feel like some red should be in there somewhere though, so the bird, phoenix on the necklace and belt symbol could be red. As for the shoes I'm not entirely sure what color it would be. This gives the look a little cowboyish feel imo which is unintentional but in me head it seems legit.

Regardless of the color scheme, I approve of this outfit and give it a.... 7/10.

Show the Love:
This outfit is really plain and nothing special but regardless of that it should have been entered into the contest as i'm 90% sure it would have won and Ein would have a decent costume to use in LR. The mix of colors from the hoodie, jeans and shoes work well enough together and regardless of how unremarkable it looks, in game it would look better than just about everything else he has save for C1 and possibly his Halloween costume.

I can't give it a high score, but I can approve of it regardless. 6.2/10
@Tyaren :
First off, it's drawn brilliantly. This guy has drawing talent and it shows. Now on to the outfit. It has a very distinct style but I'm just personally not a huge fan of the choices. Everything "works" The green tattered pants seem like they wouldn't match but they go well with the open buckled jacket, shoes and uniquely symboled shirt. The outfit is perfect in what it goes for but I'm just not a huge fan of this style, perhaps it's the color scheme but it gives off a neo-fashionista-rebel "look". Not as if Ein is just wearing something like this on the street but as if he's modeling the outfit for vanity fair magazine. I'm not really for that.

It, like others is better than almost everything he has in DOA5, and I'd welcome it, but after a few other designs, both old and new were to be added to his wardrobe.

6/10
@UpSideDownGRUNT
I can't speak on the design until you have a definitive choice in your wardrobe selection. Each has a contemporary feel, the look in particular feels suburbian in nature. Maybe a little high school ish, but it could work and it's a little different for Ein. A true casual outfit, albeit just a bit bland.

6.7/10

Next I'm going to add a few words and score every single outfit Ein's ever had as well as the designs from costume contest entries and authors. To save time I'm going to use every outfit from it's original title. (MOUNTAIN of text below, it is EVERY Ein costume in existence.
DOA2 C1 : The original outfit. It IS Ein. Full black outfit with boots and fishnet shirt. The shirt has gotten flak and references to strippers/gay/whatever but this is the one outfit I feel works with the outfit and isn't suggestive whatsoever. It is his most iconic outfit and close to being his very best. As well as sadly being his best outfit in DOA5U and LR and the shades only make it better. 8/10

DOA2 C2 : His original C2 from DOA2 and a prime example that a fairly simple design can work wonders. The white and demin was a wonderful contrast to his C1 and this outfit remains one of his general best and brightest outfits. It's criminal that it didn't return in DOA5U. 7.5/10

DOA2 C3 : Typical and somehow Iconic shirtless look with red pants and chains from DOA2 that's been present in every single game since for whatever reason. I used to think this look was cool because of the chains symbolizing he broke free from DOATEC with his brute strength and the pants reminding me of Jin Kazama. But all the references to homosexuality, bondage and scrutiny has ruined it for me, the open pants being the icing on the cake. This has all left a bad taste in my mouth and I rarely touch the outfit anymore. But every now and again I'll remember how cool I used to think it was and touch it in a match. Still, it's ruined. 4/10

DOA2 C4 : Disco esque shirt with pendant and "snazzy" brown pants with brown boots. While this outfit could potentially give off some homo undertones to some, that's not my issue. Rather it's just not a very good choice of clothing in general. It's a fashion nightmare and I wouldn't wear it to a club or anywhere else. Of all the outfits they could bring back of his, this is literally the worst choice. 4.5/10

DOA2 C5 : A traditional white Karate gi with(or without) wrist wrappings on each arm. This is a very basic outfit for Ein but is a prime example on how altering one simple design can completely change it's dynamic. With the wrist wraps the outfit feels complete and extremely cool. Without them the outfit somehow becomes so bland you'll rarely find yourself using it at all. 7.5/10 with wraps, 5.5/10 without wraps.

DOA2 C6 : The pinnacle of Ein's wardrobe. Black leather jacket with purple shirt with white text, dark blue jeans and black shoes with wrist buckles on each arm. Only present in DOA2 and DOA2U, this casual outfit embodied everything that was Ein. A casual guy with enough strength and skill to bash in the faces of even the most skilled opponents. For it's time this 90's esque attire was on point and even today is an outfit that Ein should be rocking. If any costume of his were to come back, it should be this above all else. The outfit is perfect. 2 has darker colors compared to 2U so I prefer that one personally. 9.5/10

DOA2U C7 : Dubbed by the masses as "Super Ein". Vampire esque blue jean suit with brown shoes and fancy red cape. This outfit has a classy nature but also an unavoidable sillyness due to the cape. But somehow the sillyness works and you'll find yourself picking this costume more than you'd think. If you're one of the types to ask for a tuxedo costume, you should just go for this instead, it's much funner and slightly less generic. This is what his halloween costume should have been. 7/10

DOA3 C1 : Trenchcoat with black NOT fishnet shirt and black pants with black shoes with black wrist bands on each arm + shades.This was my favorite outfit for a long time. Black being my favorite color and given the style of this outfit it hits all of the right notes and is one I can pick over and over again. It is superior to his DOA2 C1 even. You'd think this would be my favorite outfit by far but something about his DOA2 C6 resonates with me in a way this one doesn't. It's strange but true. Perhaps it's because this bares similarities to C1, I'll never know. But it stands as the solid #2 best Ein costume of his whole wardrobe. 9/10

DOA4 C2 : Chainmail vest with dark grey sleeveless undershirt, blue jeans with puke green belt and grey shoes, black fingerless gloves and brown beaded armlet around the right arm. This outfit is mostly meh. The chainmail takes away from the outfit but even if it didn't, it's simply mediocre in comparison to his other great attire from previous games. What makes an even worse case is that all of that great attire was taken away in DOA4, this was literally the only legit Ein outfit you were ever picking, so it got old fast. 6.5/10

DOAD C1 : Red university looking jacket with fur collar, charcoal undershirt with washed out blue jeans, white shoes and plain black neclace. This outfit has a unique quality in the aspect of it's color. It's a refreshing deviation and change from all of his other attire while keeping the style within Ein's boundaries. It's a fine choice to make a return. There are other things I'd prefer, but I wouldn't complain about this one, it's one of his best despite being one of his newest. 7.4/10

DOA5LR C4 : Another failed Ein costume and the last one he got before LR. This alleged Christmas theme outfit added to the ever growing list of suggestive (and physically revealing) clothing that Ein's constantly been stigmatized for. Perhaps "Bada** Reindeer* is the impression TN was trying to give with recolored chains from his C3 but "Stripper Rudolph" is the one I and many others actually got from it. Even the generic santa costume was better than this. 3/10

DOA5LR C5 : A stain on all that is Ein and the costume that took him over the edge in objectification and overall bad fashion. His 2013 Incubus Halloween costume is the epitome of everything that is wrong with Ein's (and the female characters') wardrobe and the direction TN is taking this game as well as the character. I would never buy this costume, in life. If you're attracted to this outfit no offense to you, but It's disgraceful to the character. Worst ein costume ever. It gets 2 points only because the pants by themselves are cool. 2/10.

DOA5LR C6 : Paint splattered black tracksuit with wrist buckles and black shoes. Now, from the description the oufit itself is decent. It's not inspired by any means, it gives a european feel imo but despite that it's plain. Regardless it's cool enough but it's ruined because of two things. The first is there's no undershirt but that wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't UNZIPPED ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THE WAIST. This gives a creeper, Takakazu Abe (Don't look that up, I did and I regretted it.) feel. Suggestive but not even in a way that would delight fans of fanservice. If you removed the paint splats and zipped up the suit, it would be pretty solid. As it is, it's an ok outfit made unappealing by two glaring and deliberate flaws. 5/10

DOA5LR C7 : Generic santa suit. It gets a point for being black but overall uninspired and oversized. You'll pick it every once in a blue moon during Christmas but likely not any other time. At least it didn't have a santa hat, that would have been even worse. 4.5/10

DOA5LR C8 : Pirate Ein. This outfit is actually alright. Dragon Knight Ein would have been an infinitely better choice for the 2014 Halloween content but despite that this one is actually pretty decent. The color scheme appeals to me and the eye patch is a change of pace from the shades. The white and black stripes on the pants are a bit eh but overall it's a decent costume and one that you'll find in rotation between C1 and the one or two other decent costumes. Still it's held back by the gimmick of being a halloween outfit, so you won't be using it that often. Best new costume he's gotten in LR. 6.7/10

DOA5LR C9 : Winner of the first costume contest. A... I don't even really know what to call this outfit. Tribal? Fantasy? I don't know what the artist was going for but I knew seeing the only 2 entries in the contest that it wouldn't end well. That being said the execution of the outfit is better than the actual design was, but when you have a medicore design to work with it's not going to end well unless you change or revamp it.

TN removed the top revealing the fishnet underneath, changing the wrapping on his hip from black to brown and leaving everything else the same as the design. The outfit looks alright but it suffers from many issues. 1. It's ANOTHER fishnet outfit, the last thing we need is another outfit to add to the suggestive debate, even just being shirtless would have been better than this. 2. The rest of the outfit is OK, the wrapping on the wrist is nice but... the pants... why.. are.. they... yellow? If they were tan or brown then it would be fine but the yellow stands out in the worst way. It's just jarring and unappealing to look at, bordering on puke worthy purely due to the choice of color and how bright it is. The last issue is that even with the first two changes being made to improve the outfit it's just... a very bland and uninspiring design. Ein was shafted again, but this time by his fans, not TN. I wish I'd had drawing talent to enter it or asked someone who could draw to do it for me. 5.2/10

Revengance Ein : 7/10

Show the Love Ein : 6.2/10

Tyaren's Ein : 6/10

Upsidedowngrunt's Ein : 6.7/10

Dragon Knight Ein : The best Ein costume submission of all. This one is not only the most unique and imaginitive Ein costume submitted but the most unique of anything he's ever worn. I feel like the cape should be altered, the color scheme feels off and more detail needs to be added to the overall outfit, but I think with a little tweaking, this outfit would be absolutely amazing. It had boatloads of potential. 7.1/10

Indian Ein : Horrible, tastless fanservice without even a touch of decency or imagination. I wanted to at least give this a 1 out of 10, I tried really hard but I can't even do that. My eyes hurt just from looking at it. 0/10

Dictator Ein (Kronin) : Sorry Kronin, this outfit just doesn't do anything for me. The color scheme feels bland, it's a dictator esque look which I'm not a fan of, the design itself feels plain and out of character for Ein. Even at the height of it's originality, it feels like a worse Super Ein. 5/10

@ErickBello
Epsilon Ein : The best potential entry for a costume contest I've seen. Not sure if it would be a normal or halloween entry but it's a pretty legit unique futuristic design and one I can't argue with one bit. Everything is on point here, color scheme, wardrobe, theme. I'm not a fan of the thing on his head but the outfit works and it's different than anything he's ever had before. If it were to be entered in the next costume contest and I entered a design, I'd have some competition. 7.5/10

Urban Ein : 10/10. Yes this is a biased score because this is an outfit of my own design, it caters to everything I want in an outfit for this character and everything is on point because it's all from my head and imagination. Which you'll soon see if you haven't already.

Finally I'm going to put in my own design. The theme is contemporary and hardcore. I'll give a description for the outfit later on as I'm burnt out from this post alone so for now I'll post the entire outfit.

I introduce "Urban Ein" a casual, yet contemporary set of clothes that I think would suit Ein perfectly.
J0Cp0t8.jpg

I had the idea for this outfit in my head back during the first costume contest, but I don't think I have the drawing talent and I was too prideful and embarrassed to ask someone else to draw it for me. Ein has always been a character for me that made the statement "I look like an average joe, but I can smash your face in." He's always given off this cool factor that Hayate has never been able to replicate and his outfits reflected that until DOA5U.

The outfits that did this the most weren't the ones trying to be flashy but the ones that look and felt natural, each one had their own identity and suited the character to a T. I believe that's what I've done here, embracing the fighting aspect of his character to it's highest possible standpoint without being straight battle armor.

I'll give details for each individual piece of clothing in a different post, I'm drained from writing this colossus.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Kronin

Thansk so much for your feedback Zeo to all the entries of Ein... and literally all of them XD Not only the fan designs but even his outfits in all the series, this show truly your passion for the character.

Personally I would give some very different scores to some outfits of Ein and about @Tyaren's work (my design can be easily put in comparison with his one tied to various similairities) I agree that it would need of a more "dark vibe" but I believe that it's still a better design than mine for a certain series of elements (and I would love if its design was used for an official contest). But of course everyone has his own preferences and tastes, the variety is what make something interesting (it's always nice to hear different opinions from your when done in a peaceful way), so it's natural and wished to get different point of views ;)

Now, discussing what you said about my designs:

Revengance:

The outfit as a whole feels like a more casual and upbeat variation of my design, but has it's own unique feel and style. So let's get down to the nitty gritty.

For starters the vest is pretty cool and the closed look is definitely different for Ein of all people. I'm not exactly feeling the multiple zipper look though. They don't make sense in terms of functionality and seem like they're just there to be there, or rather look "cool". But they could potentially translate better into the actual game so who knows.

Believe me but this is just one (not the only one, of course) of the standard models for these biker jackets XD Look for them on internet and you will see how the multiple zippers (and even their placement) are just where I put them. And yes, they didn't want be functional but only good looking. By the way maybe I could change or remove some of the zips, I was thinking that they could be excessive but I waited before that some one could say this to me (as you and others did).

The eagle is cool and sets a contrast from Hitomi's phoenix, but I think the "Ein" japanese symbol would work just as well on the back of the vest if not better.

Yes, sadly I starting to think that Ein Japanese symbol could work even better and I so I could use it.... there is no place for my eagle =( Maybe I could switch Hitomi's eagle on the necklace with mine? (just for adding more originality to the design using less elements already in game)

The belt is legit, nothing to add other than potentially changing what looks like an E to the japanese symbol of Ein. "壱".

Again, I agree with this choice or more in general with using the same symbol on the back of the vest. The use of three different ones my eagle, Hitomi's eagle and Epsilon letter is just too much excessive and overall "dispersive" for the focus (I can't find a more appropriate term)

The Jeans are on point as well. The chains give a unique feel and Ein's pants are never folded up at the bottom. I feel like the shoes should be different somehow, maybe wearing something like combat boots with that outfit rather than traditional gym shoes. The gloves are also a little plain, something to spice them up would be nice unless they are going to be traditional brown or black. The chain can stay as well. It's a nice touch even without an eagle on the vest.

I believe that the Jeans and the chains are fine me too. The shoes are to be changed, basically everyone gave me a feedback said that they aren't in style with Ein, this is I think one of the big mistake of my design (in addition to use too much elements). The gloves are still in doubt, maybe I could change them. What do you think about the idea to use even his typical arm bandages ONLY on his left arm (together with the glove)? I think that I will make an attempt to draw Ein with it.

Now for color scheme, I'm getting a red/yellow/tan/brown feel from the outfit.

Light tan pants, brown vest and gloves with white undershirt. The eagle or "Ein" symbol would either be white or tan like the pants. I feel like some red should be in there somewhere though, so the bird, phoenix on the necklace and belt symbol could be red. As for the shoes I'm not entirely sure what color it would be. This gives the look a little cowboyish feel imo which is unintentional but in me head it seems legit.

I still didn't decide anything about the colors, but I know that they have a great impact on the final outcome. So far I would like to end before the design part and then goes with them, even if I know that it's not necessarily a great choice (because the final judgement on an outfit can be given only considering even the colors, that on the opposite can also help you to realize it). So far I thought just to use discolored jeans if I will be able to create the effect of it.

Also, It's pretty possible that I will reduce the lapel (but I would like to keep it) and that I will change the shirt under the jacket in something very different.

Regardless of the color scheme, I approve of this outfit and give it a.... 7/10.

Thanks for all your suggestions and judgement. I will try to improve my design even more hoping to make highter that score! ;)

As I thought my design will meet very alterations from the original form but it was what I was wishing for, to get a proper feedback from people able to create discussion about it! Thanks again for all the feedback from all of you! I know that I'm repeating mysefl with the same sentences but I really appreciate it. What I care is just for honest opinions, don't worry if bad (I'm not a kind of person that can be offended from it, overall because I'm the first to recognize my limits ;) ).

Show the Love:

This outfit is really plain and nothing special but regardless of that it should have been entered into the contest as i'm 90% sure it would have won and Ein would have a decent costume to use in LR. The mix of colors from the hoodie, jeans and shoes work well enough together and regardless of how unremarkable it looks, in game it would look better than just about everything else he has save for C1 and possibly his Halloween costume.

I can't give it a high score, but I can approve of it regardless. 6.2/10[/spoiler]

I already know your judgement about this, but thanks again for stating your opinion on it. I agree with your analysis and I regret to not have partecipated with it just for your first line... :(

Dragon Knight Ein : The best Ein costume submission of all. This one is not only the most unique and imaginitive Ein costume submitted but the most unique of anything he's ever worn. I feel like the cape should be altered, the color scheme feels off and more detail needs to be added to the overall outfit, but I think with a little tweaking, this outfit would be absolutely amazing. It had boatloads of potential. 7.1/10

No way to hide the author, I mentioned so much time that was a work of mine that I think that nowadays everyone knows it on FSD. I will never do a second entry if not for a good reason (and in the Halloween contest there wasn't).

Thanks for the compliments and I agree with you, even if apparently disliked, I honestly think that the outfit idea was good but needed of various little improvements in some aspects as the ones that you mentioned. If you want my honest opinion I believe that, in addition maybe to a matter of time, what convinced TN to not use this design was the color scheme. With the caple resembling dragon wings and with main colors black and red, I used something too much close with the previous Halloween design "Devil outfit" used for Ein by Team NINJA. My bad, I realized this evident mistake only too much late (as always, even for this reason I created this thread for hearing different point of views that could make me realize things otherwise left hidden for me.)

Dictator Ein (Kronin) : Sorry Kronin, this outfit just doesn't do anything for me. The color scheme feels bland, it's a dictator esque look which I'm not a fan of, the design itself feels plain and out of character for Ein. Even at the height of it's originality, it feels like a worse Super Ein. 5/10

Ahaha! I know that for you now has that name, however againa time I want clarify as in my mind this wanted be an elegant militar uniform and not a dictator one. When UpSide call it "General Ein" it's actually more close to the original vision of the outfit.

And the last sentence is the key for everything: I made it deciding to recreate an alternative to "Super Ein", but I just made a poor work with it. Original or not, as author I dislike the outfit but I'm grateful for the people that really liked and voted it (thanks @UpSideDownGRUNT).

The only dfeense that I can give is that my original idea for the fist design entry was a casual outfit (similar to the "Show the love" one) and later I convinced myself to go for something crazy just for expressing more originality with the design (and even because I thought that other people would have released something more ordinary for Ein, thing that instead never happened). Knowing of the lack of entries for Ein and of an Halloween contest latr, definitely I would have never presented this outfit (at lwast i would have presented it in the Halloween one, where out of characters outfit could work in some extent).

Giving now my opinion on your one:

Urban Ein : 10/10. Yes this is a biased score because this is an outfit of my own design, it caters to everything I want in an outfit for this character and everything is on point because it's all from my head and imagination. Which you'll soon see if you haven't already.

Finally I'm going to put in my own design. The theme is contemporary and hardcore. I'll give a description for the outfit later on as I'm burnt out from this post alone so for now I'll post the entire outfit.

I introduce "Urban Ein" a casual, yet contemporary set of clothes that I think would suit Ein perfectly.
J0Cp0t8.jpg

I had the idea for this outfit in my head back during the first costume contest, but I don't think I have the drawing talent and I was too prideful and embarrassed to ask someone else to draw it for me. Ein has always been a character for me that made the statement "I look like an average joe, but I can smash your face in." He's always given off this cool factor that Hayate has never been able to replicate and his outfits reflected that until DOA5U.

The outfits that did this the most weren't the ones trying to be flashy but the ones that look and felt natural, each one had their own identity and suited the character to a T. I believe that's what I've done here, embracing the fighting aspect of his character to it's highest possible standpoint without being straight battle armor.

Thanks for posting your design even there. Like I've already said to you, I believe that your composition si simple, but original, modern and working on Ein. So I think that you could have really got a nice idea for the character.

My only complain is that everything seems to me too much dark and that maybe would need some more light colors (even keeping an obscure vibe). Also I'm not sure if blue shoes can really work. By the way I hope to see the design completed me too, for then seeing what is my judgement on it (if I still think that these changes could be necessary or if instead the design can effectively already work with this scheme of color).

Thanks again for your post Zeo =)

ErickBello

My costume design was mentioned here, thanks Zeo!
I want to say, I struggled a bit with the color scheme, because it was originally all based around green, so I had to see Ein's model with all the costumes I have, to see if the various color schemes suited him.

Zeo

My costume design was mentioned here, thanks Zeo!
I want to say, I struggled a bit with the color scheme, because it was originally all based around green, so I had to see Ein's model with all the costumes I have, to see if the various color schemes suited him.
Well you hit the nail on the head, your color scheme was completely on point and fitting for him. I was frankly surprised at how nice it ended up being. I had my doubts about the color scheme when I saw the initial pattern preview.

KING

We need more Ein costumes and you should design all of them. Lol Save this costume Idea for the next costume design contest. It's a really nice and I want it to be in DOA5LR.

Zeo

We need more Ein costumes and you should design all of them. Lol Save this costume Idea for the next costume design contest. It's a really nice and I want it to be in DOA5LR.
What Ein costume? Revengance, Urban, Epsilon?

Kronin

What Ein costume? Revengance, Urban, Epsilon?

I assumed that he was talking about my design (and that for saying that I should make all the outfits for Ein, he has never seen my entry for the first contest XD). I will continue to work to it creating alternative on the basis of some of the feedbacks + coloring it, when I will get more time, currently I'm busy with other things (and don't worry Zeo I didn't forget you, your outfit is just one of the things that I need to do before).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD