Eliot Combo thread

Muttoza

I've come up with a new combo after the :H+K:. It's quite reliable and I've been able to land it a few times already in online matches:

:H+K: (opponent back turned) :6::P+K: :6::H+K: (bounce) :2::P+K::4::6::P:

The thing is that the :6::H+K: gives a bounce effect when it hits a backturned opponent, and that gives enough height to land the finisher. The :H+K: itself is quite good when you expect a stunned opponent to perform a mid hold. Around 80 points of damage, so not bad I guess.

ScattereDreams

I've come up with a new combo after the :H+K:. It's quite reliable and I've been able to land it a few times already in online matches:

:H+K: (opponent back turned) :6::P+K: :6::H+K: (bounce) :2::P+K::4::6::P:

The thing is that the :6::H+K: gives a bounce effect when it hits a backturned opponent, and that gives enough height to land the finisher. The :H+K: itself is quite good when you expect a stunned opponent to perform a mid hold. Around 80 points of damage, so not bad I guess.

If you land 6p+k on someone backturned this is much better

DontForkWitMe

combo vid

i think he means strictly from after landing an :H+K: stun which the above combo in the vid wouldn't work since he'll have exceeded the stun threshold after the second :6::P+K:

also muttoza you can add 2 instant choryus' after the bounce into his 4hit string ender

so do:
:H+K:(opponents backturned):6::P+K:,:6::H+K:(bounce):3_::P:,:3_::P:,:3: :P::P::P::4::6::P:(for 102pts damage)

alternatively you can do 3 instant choryus after the bounce into :6::P::P::4::6::P: ender for 101pts damage since its easier to land on mid weights

for heavy weights do 1 instant choryu after the bounce into :3::P::P::P::K: for 94pts

Muttoza

Well, that's even better! I didn't think the choryo would connect at this height. Definitely gotta try this, thanks!

Belinea

Good video man. You could fit an extra instant 3p into most (maybe all) of the juggles though, and don't forget to end with 46p!

Bluefire501

Good video man. You could fit an extra instant 3p into most (maybe all) of the juggles though, and don't forget to end with 46p!
Thanks, I know you can add 3p to most of them but I refuse to do it twice in a row for the most part. ( Its just a personal preference.)

Tulkas

Premium Donor
i think he means strictly from after landing an :H+K: stun which the above combo in the vid wouldn't work since he'll have exceeded the stun threshold after the second :6::P+K:

also muttoza you can add 2 instant choryus' after the bounce into his 4hit string ender

so do:
:H+K:(opponents backturned):6::P+K:,:6::H+K:(bounce):3_::P:,:3_::P:,:3: :P::P::P::4::6::P:(for 102pts damage)

alternatively you can do 3 instant choryus after the bounce into :6::P::P::4::6::P: ender for 101pts damage since its easier to land on mid weights

for heavy weights do 1 instant choryu after the bounce into :3::P::P::P::K: for 94pts
I find no way to achieve those instant choryus :( :( :(

David Gregg

Good thing I am not competitive then or else that would drive me crazy :p

Very good!! I understand your dislike of repeat instant 3ps (it feels dirty...or like I'm cheating) but I end up using them anyway just to get in some extra damage. lol. Will you be using him in Ultimate?

Bluefire501

Very good!! I understand your dislike of repeat instant 3ps (it feels dirty...or like I'm cheating) but I end up using them anyway just to get in some extra damage. lol. Will you be using him in Ultimate?
Usually instead of the extra 3P I just do 8P it pretty much does the same thing in most combos, But 3P is clearly the superior move. Most likely I will I use him I just hope he gets a few tweeks combo wise.

David Gregg

The 5 instant 3p combo is so useless w/ little reward who would ever want to use it? It's like they just want to see if you can pull off five of them in a row like with Fu.

coffeedad

I <3 Jesus...and coffee.
Premium Donor
For Eliot's second combo challenge it says

PP46P (Hold down 6 dot P at the same time)

Does this have to be frame perfect timing? My inputs show that I am doing what is required but I'm not getting credit. I know that I am doing something wrong though.

Can someone shine some light on this combo for me? I have NEVER touched Eliot outside of this combo challenge and going through his move list in command training. Thanks!

David Gregg

Does this have to be frame perfect timing? My inputs show that I am doing what is required but I'm not getting credit. I know that I am doing something wrong though.

Try doing 46P by itself first and see if you're inputting it fast enough. Also it might just be mine but the d-pad for the controller sucks. I've actually used the analog stick specifically for his 46P's.

coffeedad

I <3 Jesus...and coffee.
Premium Donor
Try doing 46P by itself first and see if you're inputting it fast enough. Also it might just be mine but the d-pad for the controller sucks. I've actually used the analog stick specifically for his 46P's.

Hey David,
I took your advice and somehow was able to do the combo. I was even able to do it a couple of more times after that. I just need to understand the combo better in order to put it into larger combos.

Am I inputting the 46P during the hit frames of the second P's hit frames or should I wait for it to fully recover?

Ha,ha, I'm awful I know :)

There's gotta be something that I'm missing here. (I feel like a new person asking how to do a fireball in street fighter!)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD