EVO 2015 Lineup

synce

DOA still has to wash the stink of DOA4 at EVO. Alot of folks up top still think of that game when it comes to DOA.

I think it has more to do with DOA5's low turnouts and viewership on streams. But they wouldn't be wrong for thinking 5 is like 4 because at their core the games are exactly the same - random hit stuns, guessing game ensues

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I think it has more to do with DOA5's low turnouts and viewership on streams. But they wouldn't be wrong for thinking 5 is like 4 because at their core the games are exactly the same - random hit stuns, guessing game ensues

No.

The community has a lot of work to do, but if anything we are the franchise that has improved the most. We had DOA4 as our last huge game and it sucked. DOA5's turnouts keep improving, and the viewership on tournament streams has increased ten-fold.

I was surprised by the viewership on SixFortyFive's stream of DOA, as they are great but haven't brought in numbers like our Team Sp00ky streams have.

For you to say that 5 is like 4 is almost insane, and I can't believe that someone as educated as you are would say something like that. The difference is night and day and while you and Dr. Dogg may not get it, Kwiggle vs. Xcal at TFC is all I need to say.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
This is actually the 2nd year in a row that 3D was forced to be added to the lineup. Namco had to basically pay for Tag 2 last year and had to probably beg to get Tekken 7 on the stage. Look, if Evo wants to be 2D only, then own it. Don't act as if you want a 3D fighter there, when in all honesty, you want the numbers. Obviously, what brings numbers to Evo are Capcom fighters and anime with NRS fighters and KI thrown in the mix for the sake of "diversity".

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
I love how they managed to announce 9 games for EVO, yet still manage to have a "meh" lineup.

The funny thing though is that Wizard talked about trying to appeal to as many people as possible at this EVO, yet the game listing doesn't really show that.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Yes, and popularity is part of the reason that DOA wasn't picked. But Ultimately, I hope that the community can use this data as a way to not bicker, but improve. With Last Round we have a great game, a fresh start and a plethora of options from Core Fighters to more platforms to teach and educate players on how far we have come.

I don't see how fighting games can become more sport like if the games being played at large events are dictated by someones personal preference and financial incentives. They will have to adopt models similar to sports where either one game or companies games are tied to specific competitions. Alternatively if you want them in large groups you would need an independent organization and selection committee that provides some sort of transparent and objective selection process.

Imagine if they had the Olympics and it suddenly featured the new Dew & Doritos eating competition brought to you by the xbox one while boxing and weightlifting were dropped due to be less popular than soccer. The Olympic games would be the laughing stock of the entire world.

d3v

I don't see how fighting games can become more sport like if the games being played at large events are dictated by someones personal preference and financial incentives. They will have to adopt models similar to sports where either one game or companies games are tied to specific competitions. Alternatively if you want them in large groups you would need an independent organization and selection committee that provides some sort of transparent and objective selection process.

Imagine if they had the Olympics and it suddenly featured the new Dew & Doritos eating competition brought to you by the xbox one while boxing and weightlifting were dropped due to be less popular than soccer. The Olympic games would be the laughing stock of the entire world.
You should look up motorsports then since alot of the events and races are tied to sponsorships and money.

Haipa Sonikku

I hope by now, in 2015, people finally understand that the EVO selection process is not about "community", but personal preferences of a very select few. Dudes like James Chen last night was talking shit about DOA4 EVO 2006 attendance (which was added only as a forced response to 2005 World Cyber Games). You know when that was? 9 years ago. 100.

You know, there used to be a New Japan Pro Wrestling equivalent which was Super Battle Opera (which if still around, DOA5 Ultimate Arcade would have been in last year). EVO is just the WWE of this country's FGC. People who understand the product of professional wrestling will know where I went with that.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Tekken 7 really shouldn't have gotten that spot. im fine with it being at Evo as a promotional thing, but playing it competitively? what you're going to have is everyone playing it like Tekken 6 because that's all they can do, and its going to end up making it look even more uninspired.

Harada: we've changed nothing and we're going to prove it

at least MKX you have a couple months to figure things out Tekken 7 doesn't even give you a full day

Kohlrak

Tekken 7 really shouldn't have gotten that spot. im fine with it being at Evo as a promotional thing, but playing it competitively? what you're going to have is everyone playing it like Tekken 6 because that's all they can do, and its going to end up making it look even more uninspired.

Harada: we've changed nothing and we're going to prove it

at least MKX you have a couple months to figure things out Tekken 7 doesn't even give you a full day

Well, let 'em shoot themselves in the foot. Better them than us.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD