Exporting DOA 3 Models to Blender

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Is it possible to extract DOA 3 models to blender? How can I do this?
Sadly, at present, there isn't any working DOA3 XPR/CAT script. This is because DOA3 XPRs have a different version than their DOAX/DOA2U counter-parts. There isn't much documentation available for each file's structures and what exactly is different from the DOA2U upgrades.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Is it possible to extract DOA 3 models to blender? How can I do this?

Forgot to mention as well, I've been working on a DOA3 Importer, but not for blender. So maybe once I figure it out I'd like to do one in python for modern day blender. I got the models in, but would like to figure out the CAT file so the armatures are imported too. The awkward thing is that where DOA2U uses a single tri strip per object and proper directional culling, DOA3 has multiple tri strips per object and it requires double face culling. I forget the offiical culling terms, but basically DOA3 can have groups of tris facing the inverse way they should be, will look like swiss cheese.

Sadly, at present, there isn't any working DOA3 XPR/CAT script. This is because DOA3 XPRs have a different version than their DOAX/DOA2U counter-parts. There isn't much documentation available for each file's structures and what exactly is different from the DOA2U upgrades.
can you attach the doa2u xpr/cat script

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD