[Feb 4, 2012] SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY!!! Yorkshire Carnage (Bradford, BD1 1NQ)

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Do you live in UK? Well, 9th of February is going to feel like your birthday, because we got...
banner.jpg

(Some events may be either moved or changed. In case a new poster comes up, I'll just put on the new one and make a test post to update things)

We'll be playing broke-ass games like pros and taking names from random scrubs. The DOA4 event will be taking place at around 2PM. This is going to be more of a social event for doa players to get together and test each other. Just come over and show us what you got.

Come over and we'll go out for drinks after the event.

OOOOH YEAAAAAAH, BROTHER

Links
Neo Empire thread
DOA EU article

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I would pro-actively seek people out if you want them to show up for DOA 4.

My understanding is that while UK players do indeed exist in good number, they are a little difficult to gather.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Need to get that doa3.2 hooked up over there =P

HEH, in your dreams. Game seems to be backward compatible, but people just can't be assed to get a new Xbox.

I would pro-actively seek people out if you want them to show up for DOA 4.

My understanding is that while UK players do indeed exist in good number, they are a little difficult to gather.

I'm not sure about the numbers, but Brits (and the French) like DOA. 2D fighters are really big here too. I'm the only here playing on the 3D machines in arcades. Everyone else playing fucking Street Fighter or poverty-ass anime games.

If you know people, then sure, forward them right away, even if they're horrible/weird/both. I'll let Hurricane Rev know too.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Yes doa3 is backwards compatible. Only major issue is slowdown on explosive walls.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I've heard the Pal 3.2 has some pretty horrible slow down even without the particle effects, so I'm sticking to old Xbox. For me, this is going to be really awkward, because so much seems to have changed from 3 to 4.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Thanks for everyone for coming. Regrettably, non of the matches were recorded, though it was still fun (well, as much as sitting on a stove would be fun).

This is all the footage I could find that had DOA4 in it.

My first time being a referee and I get DOA4. Fuck my life.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
3 screens dedicated to one bad game... it's like the universe finds ways to give people more reasons to hate it on a daily basis.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD