Chapstick

No no no!!! Not all of us are getting new phones Chap... :-/
(:<

o wait this is off topic better get back on ff topic

tumblr_mxka9hrppI1qg232wo1_500.gif

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yeah, lets please! XD My dad sent $100 for me as a Christmas gift so I'm either gonna just go and get the game whenever it gets in my account or probably just wait till mom asks me what I want and I can get her to buy it for me and use the $100 on something else. I'll likely just have her get it if she can, and use the other money I get on the DLC, don't wanna be rash. XD

Jadeinchains

turnt up in the club with your friends like

tumblr_ohjyi7f8Fn1u5131go4_1280.png

The drive back to Lestallum.

b0wgj.gif

No one, not even Gladio can beat... THE ULTIMATE (emo) POSE!!

Lol, I know exactly which one you mean! XD That was soo cool! I have no pic of it unfortunately at hand right now.

What's the ultimate emo pose?

(:<

o wait this is off topic better get back on ff topic

tumblr_mxka9hrppI1qg232wo1_500.gif

God Lol at some point I really need to play FF8!

The only thing I'm worried about playing the old games is if they are hard! Is FF8?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Yeah, lets please! XD My dad sent $100 for me as a Christmas gift so I'm either gonna just go and get the game whenever it gets in my account or probably just wait till mom asks me what I want and I can get her to buy it for me and use the $100 on something else. I'll likely just have her get it if she can, and use the other money I get on the DLC, don't wanna be rash. XD

What if she sees the magically glowing demonic creatures on the cover? >__>

What's the ultimate emo pose?

I knew you rushed through the game! O: I knew it. It was from a Prompto side quest at that. D:

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

What if she sees the magically glowing demonic creatures on the cover? >__>

I knew you rushed through the game! O: I knew it. It was from a Prompto side quest. D:

Oh!

Was it that one where you can pick like ultimate pose Cool pose etcetera?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
What if she sees the magically glowing demonic creatures on the cover. >__>
She'll still get it, I didn't do well this semester in high school and take all these unnecessary tests she forced me to for nothing XD. And if she doesn't get it, my ghetto snob aunt(she's a college advisor with a few degrees, she makes a lot of money and comes through on holidays ;-D) will if I ask nicely since she tries to outdo the family every year during gift giving.

All DLC and any other stuff I want I can cover myself, I don't want to ask for anything unless its offered. I even turned down a lady earlier who offered to buy me a Dairy Queen meal when I had nothing to eat, I don't like looking needy. >.>

Hayabusiness

Back on serious FF discussion:
Who is sexier, Balthier or Basch? Balthier is adventurous but a bit of a (sexy) dick, and Basch is so demure and reserved, yet close to his allies and friends... oh... but Gabranth is also pretty sexy.... Ugh oh Jenova almighty give me the doujins!

Jk jk (maybe).
About FFXII: so far, very good game.
I am just about to go against Miriam Temple's boss, but I want at least two more levels.
I like the story, it's enjoyable, and the scenes are imbued with adventure (reminding me of Skies of Arcadia is never a bad thing), however there is some disturbing lack of interaction between party members, not to mention Vaan, the supposed protagonist, stopped being relevant at least two dungeons ago.
I don't mind the Vaan thing but IT IS weird that Ashe never really spoke to the other party members bar Balthier and Basch (and maybe Vaan in one scene but lol). This is not just about Ashe... these party members don't seem to talk much to eachother.

Also the difficulty is a weird creature. Aside being forced to steal if I want good money (not really a problem I guess), the game likes to gain sudden difficulty spikes easily trivialized by the exploit of the moment, or throw at the player tricky enemies. Not a bad change of pace from the super easy games of the latest generations.
I did shoot myself in the foot by not really caring about hunts and sidequests. I guess I can't truly blaze through it unless I know it well beforehand.
I read there are many interesting limitations to put on yourself to amp up the difficulty. Man did I also say I love the License Grid?

PS: the Italian translation sucks ass.

PPS: I bawwwed when Fran leaved the forest again.

Chapstick

The only thing I'm worried about playing the old games is if they are hard! Is FF8?
Here's how to play FFVIII on easy mode- never level up since enemies level up with you. When you get a guest character (there's one relatively early) KO your main characters and level only the guest up and suck the good magic out of the levelled up enemies and junction (equip) it to all your main characters' stats. Junctioning can be a bit complicated at first but it's actually pretty simple.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor

FF8 was pretty good. It's possibly one of the only few games where difficulty adjusts solely by your level and experience. If I had to put it in short explanation, I suppose it can go something like this.

- If you are not familiar with FF or RPGs in general or simply not super tuned to the game mechanics, FF8 would most likely be your hardest FF game.

- If you have some knowledge of FFs or beat RPGs on a standard playthrough with no tricks or gimmicks or in short, straight story. Game is pretty moderate on difficulty.

- If you are heavily depth with the game, know all the tricks, abusing the system for what it does and taking advantage of every solution for completion, then this will be the easiest FF game you've ever played.

Simply put, FF8 has a really broken system where you can literally be overpowered straight from the beginning of the game. You can practically ace the story from it and lots of speed runs on Youtube/Twitch channels doing it for donations for sick children with cancer. What I did like about FF8 is the characters+dialogue and also one of the few games where it doesn't necessarily send you to point A to point B in an unexplained fashion, some of the points do make sense. It does carry plot holes and unexplained events not confirmed yet, but it does leave people into thoughts and theories on where Y and X goes if that makes any sense. Laguna, Seifer, Quistis, Zell, Edea, Ultimecia, Rinoa were all great characters.

Now let me insert this Dissidia Julia piano theme version of FF8:

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Here's how to play FFVIII on easy mode- never level up since enemies level up with you. When you get a guest character (there's one relatively early) KO your main characters and level only the guest up and suck the good magic out of the levelled up enemies and junction (equip) it to all your main characters' stats. Junctioning can be a bit complicated at first but it's actually pretty simple.

Lol, that sounds completely broken. XD

Jadeinchains

Yes...
The pose is too cool for the internet it seems. I can't find it anywhere. XD

;) And you thought I rushed. That side quest was funny though, I wouldn't mind More of them.

Back on serious FF discussion:
Who is sexier, Balthier or Basch? Balthier is adventurous but a bit of a (sexy) dick, and Basch is so demure and reserved, yet close to his allies and friends... oh... but Gabranth is also pretty sexy.... Ugh oh Jenova almighty give me the doujins!

Jk jk (maybe).
About FFXII: so far, very good game.
I am just about to go against Miriam Temple's boss, but I want at least two more levels.
I like the story, it's enjoyable, and the scenes are imbued with adventure (reminding me of Skies of Arcadia is never a bad thing), however there is some disturbing lack of interaction between party members, not to mention Vaan, the supposed protagonist, stopped being relevant at least two dungeons ago.
I don't mind the Vaan thing but IT IS weird that Ashe never really spoke to the other party members bar Balthier and Basch (and maybe Vaan in one scene but lol). This is not just about Ashe... these party members don't seem to talk much to eachother.

Also the difficulty is a weird creature. Aside being forced to steal if I want good money (not really a problem I guess), the game likes to gain sudden difficulty spikes easily trivialized by the exploit of the moment, or throw at the player tricky enemies. Not a bad change of pace from the super easy games of the latest generations.
I did shoot myself in the foot by not really caring about hunts and sidequests. I guess I can't truly blaze through it unless I know it well beforehand.
I read there are many interesting limitations to put on yourself to amp up the difficulty. Man did I also say I love the License Grid?

PS: the Italian translation sucks ass.

PPS: I bawwwed when Fran leaved the forest again.

Out of the main cast of FFXII I'd say Basch is the hottest... Oh wait serious topic lol.

Okay thanks @Chapstick and @DestructionBomb that sounds really broken and strange lol but if I ever play it I'll try to make it work for me. And yeah I've only been playing JRPG's for a short while so I don't think I'd really know the ins and outs of it.

Nikotsumi

You should play it, it's one of my favourite ones. And yeah, it's pretty easy if you know how to use the Junction system as you can be overpowered from the beginning of the game, in short, this is how it basically works :
-There's this Junction system.
-It allows you to raise your stats significally by assigning a magic to a stat, the more powerful is that magic (and more units of it you have), the more that stat boosts.
So you just have to get powerful magic, and it's not hard at all since there are abilities (learnt through summons) that allow you to turn items into magic.
Short example : - After obtaining one of the first summons, choose to learn the summon that specific ability (by obtaining APs)
- The boss after obtaining that summon drop late game items.
- Use those items to get X100 curagas and assign them to the HP stat. Easy 3000~5000 HP (don't remeber exactly) at the beginng of the game, instead you should have 500~1000 normally.
Note that when enemies level up with you, you can draw more powerful magic from them.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
;) And you thought I rushed. That side quest was funny though, I wouldn't mind More of them.

Out of the main cast of FFXII I'd say Basch is the hottest... Oh wait serious topic lol.

Okay thanks @Chapstick and @DestructionBomb that sounds really broken and strange lol but if I ever play it I'll try to make it work for me. And yeah I've only been playing JRPG's for a short while so I don't think I'd really know the ins and outs of it.

Rather play Xenobalde Chronicles next. It's very similar to FFXV in a lot of aspects but even better in each of them.

Guys, it just dawned on me, that we will see this guy in Dissidia too then:

KasumiLover don't look! FFXV spoiler incoming!
tumblr_ohjwco33Na1r8xue9o1_500.gif

It's usually two characters from each game, right? One protagonist and one antagonist.
I'd really look forward to him. I really enjoyed him in the game.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Honestly, FF8 is so broken that summons is not even typically used except real early parts of the game, but then it's also possible to not use them at all since Squall's limit breaks (literally) breaks the game. Quistis and Zell is no exception.

In terms of design, FF8 had my favorite summoning designs (mystic designs, which how it always was in past FFs). There are some enemies that are still programmed to high levels but their stats will still be tied to your sole levels, so the game is tricked either way. The only monsters that do not apply with this is the monsters from the Isle of the Damned (Level 70+ with high stats), Ultima Weapon, and Omega Weapon.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD