Final Fantasy Thread

Xhominid The Demon Within

The Warriors of Light REPRESENT!

Zidane looks exactly how I believed he would with PS4 graphics but I'm honestly intrigued as hell by the stage transitions and damage able to be done to the stages. This seriously may be the craziest Dissidia yet in terms of battle damage to the characters AND how stages can end up.

KwonJigglypuff

Looks great.

Is this the final roster ?

I feel like this has the potential to have a lot of characters! Especially more females.

Hayabusiness

Three letters:
DLC

Apparently the Arcade version will get costant updates, and TN said they want to put in many more characters.

I would like a playable Aeris... I don't care how much they want her to be a sacred angel that needs not to get into direct combat, I just dream to kick Sephiroth's butt with her...

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I predict the full roster on console release will be no less than 56 characters if they intend to evenly spread the amount of antags/protags representing each game with 2 characters each (save for FF1, FF11, FF14, and FF15).

It might end up like this:

FF1: WoL/Garland
FF2: Firion/Mateus, Minwu/Borghen
FF3: Onion/CoD, Doga/Xande
FF4: Cecil/Golbez, Kain/Rydia (Maenad?)
FF5: Bartz/Exdeath, Faris/GIlgamesh
FF6: Terra/Kefka, Cyan/Ultros (Siegfried?)
FF7: Cloud/Sephiroth, Tifa/Rufus (Genesis?)
FF8: Squall/Ultimecia, Laguna/Selphie (Seifer?)
FF9: Zidane/Kuja, Vivi/Beatrix (Eiko?)
FF10: Tidus/Jecht, Yuna/Seymour (Leblanc?)
FF11: Shantotto/Prishe
FF12: Vaan/Gabranth, Balthier/Judge of Wings
FF13: Lightning/Cid Raines (Jihl Nabaat?), Serah (Sazh?)/Caius
FF14: Y'shtola/???
FF15: Noctis/???
Tactics: Ramza/Ultima, Delita/Wiegraf

KwonJigglypuff

I predict the full roster on console release will be no less than 56 characters if they intend to evenly spread the amount of antags/protags representing each game with 2 characters each (save for FF1, FF11, FF14, and FF15).

I've never played a Dissidia game, but are we forced to keep the vilain/hero balance ?
I'd rather have 3 heroes and 1 vilain per game if that's possible. Vilains in FF games are not always charismatic.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
That. Was. Beautiful.

Glad to see Cecil kept his Light Force and Deathbringer HP attacks (and obviously can still change between DK and PLD).

This definitely not the final roster. Ramza was long confirmed and I'm really interested in how the best Squire that ever existed will turn out (wouldn't mind if Delita or Agrias, though I really want to see Wiegraf).

Awesmic

Standard Donor
That. Was. Beautiful.

Glad to see Cecil kept his Light Force and Deathbringer HP attacks (and obviously can still change between DK and PLD).
In addition, his overall stats buff much quicker when interchanging between the two frequently.

In fact, every character has a way to temporarily buff their stats. It isn't just limited to Onion Knight anymore.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Can't wait to see the video covering Cecil.

BTW the one HP attack WoL uses is Bitter End (a new version of it actually, looks like his shield will be dealing damage instead of sword strikes into it), the Brave-HP link from his upward and downward shield tosses in the air, more or less confirms no more links (Cecil top tier Dark Cannon...)

OH, and Cloud's one air Brave-HP is also a standalone (Finishing Touch).

I don't think Tactics will get more than a single hero and villain honestly so Ramza and Wiegraf seems the most certain but for me...

I don't think FF2 or 3 will get more than a single rep for hero and villain.
FF4 would most likely see Rydia
FF7 would probably get Hojo rather than Rufus(or Genesis really because I can see Zack as yet another rep...)
FF8 would absolutely have Seifer to go with the Sorceress Knight schtick as well as him being another tie to Squall
FF9 would be Garnet and Beatrix if anything. Garnet has ties to Kuja since he helped Brahne go into her destructive cycle and Beatrix would be the person who will defend her country(or it's royalty) blindly.
FFX...Seymour no contest(Seymour was in fact was suggested for the first two but Yuna was more of his foil than Tidus and now since Yuna is in the game...)
I would say more Ashe and no other villain for Gabrath or Ashe and Vayne if at worst.
FFXIII...depends. Caius is absolutely fitting but Cid Raines really isn't a villain at all compared to Caius and Jihl is more of Sazh's foil...but considering you only fight her as DLC in FFXIII-2 and fans was disappointed you don't fight her...anything is in the air for her
FFXIV Gaius Van Balesar no fucking contest(I will see people being ABSOLUTELY disappointed if he doesn't show but Y'shtola does)

I don't see FFXV being represented unless DLC.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
WoL gets his Shield Bash and the new Bitter End.

Lightning with her lunging HP attack (help me God I submained her after Kain and WoL).

Two HP attacks (Arrow and a multicast ending in a lightning strike) for Firion/Frionel.

Squall's long range HP and circle Hp attack. I think he's getting the vertical version as well, not sure.

New HP attack for Butz/Bartz.

Zidane's super close range HP attack.

Cloud Cross Slash and standalone Finishing Touch.

Completely new HP attack for Onion Knight.

Same old flips and jumps for Tidus. Freaking hated that one because of how much priority it has up close and this one looks like he jumps so much freaking higher..

New spells for Shantotto? Yes please. I'll laugh if she gets her stun again.

Vaan got his Pyroclasm Quickening. Probably as his EX based on his look when he used it.

Terra/Tina with her Fireballs.

Cecil Deathbringer (actually looks like a new version of it with a horizontal slash instead of a vertical slash as the second strike) and Paladin Force (not Light Force).

I need to reboot the game and reresh my memory on the HP names.

Throughout the video they more or less displayed the characters in their popularity. Cecil is definitely the least popular of the Light cast.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
FF9 would be Garnet and Beatrix if anything. Garnet has ties to Kuja since he helped Brahne go into her destructive cycle and Beatrix would be the person who will defend her country(or it's royalty) blindly.
By that logic, Vivi is far more iconic than Dagger, and also has ties to Kuja as an intended by-product of Brahne's destructive cycle.

I would say more Ashe and no other villain for Gabrath or Ashe and Vayne if at worst.
I suggested Judge of Wings because unlike XII, Revenant Wings actually had an antagonist as compelling as Gabranth. And let's face it, despite being the main antagonist of XII, Vayne simply wasn't well-received.

I need to reboot the game and reresh my memory on the HP names.
I can help with a few.

Lightning with her lunging HP attack (help me God I submained her after Kain and WoL).
Crushing Blow.

Two HP attacks (Arrow and a multicast ending in a lightning strike) for Firion/Frionel.
Second one is called Weaponsmaster.

Squall's long range HP and circle Hp attack. I think he's getting the vertical version as well, not sure.
Blasting Zone and Fated Circle.

Zidane's super close range HP attack.
Free Energy.

Throughout the video they more or less displayed the characters in their popularity. Cecil is definitely the least popular of the Light cast.
Are you serious?

Last edited:

By that logic, Vivi is far more iconic than Dagger, and also has ties to Kuja as an intended by-product of Brahne's destructive cycle.
Not really because while Vivi is more iconic and has equal ties to Kuja...Terra already stole his one main gimmick he could have when it comes to EX Mode and otherwise, he'll just be another same Black Mage type in a sea of them. Atleast Dagger can be added in the same way Y'shtola is being made for, especially since it seems it will head that way.

I suggested Judge of Wings because unlike XII, Revenant Wings actually had an antagonist as compelling as Gabranth. And let's face it, despite being the main antagonist of XII, Vayne simply wasn't well-received.
That mattered for Vaan for American fans?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Chocobooos! :3

CSj8afTUkAABAAS.png:orig

Imho they should have made them a little bigger, like in FFXIII. Especially when Gladiolus is sitting on one I can literally feel the back pain...D:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD