Final Fantasy Thread

LightSonic

Seeing that video makes miss what FF Versus XIII was more. I'm still really excited for FFXV, but I'm honestly not too happy with some changes they've made since they changed directors.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
High quality footage of the short gameplay segment of the ATR was released:

Looks much better now...
But I really can't see the browns and greens of FFXV anymore. I hope, the game features some other colors outside of Duscae and this swamp.

After the huge Gamescom backlash Tabata became even more talkative and now thinks of the game to be to 65%-75% complete. (So only 30% or 25% missing? That's not that bad!)

Final Fantasy XV director Hajime Tabata had more to share about the game by revealing their collaboration with Just Cause developers Avalanche Studio. He also shared more about the game’s release and its current development status in the interview with Famitsu.

In the interview Famitsu talked about their recent Active Time Report, and mentioned how Tabata also talked about a release window.

“Yes. It’s practically been decided on a release date that won’t keep you guys waiting until 2017, and judging by the current development condition, it looks like it’ll stay that way.”

Famitsu then mentions that we’ve seen a lot of efforts from Square Enix’s part on Final Fantasy XV. We got to see a demo, which also got a version up, and also a tech demo. They ask if all that extra work on the side is having an effect in the development on the main game.

“To you the truth, we’ve been clenching our teeth while treading the fine line as far as that goes,” says Tabata. “It’s an HD game, so we can’t easily just go around making all kinds of new things for it, but we’ve been working with a schedule where things that we say ‘let’s do it’ today will get implemented months later, but the planning is being managed properly.

Next, Famitsu asks about the current development status of Final Fantasy XV.

“It’s at about 65% to 70%,” responds Tabata. “We’d like to release the Western version as close as possible during the same period, and there’s a lot more work than usual sandwiched between now and the release date. We’re working on debugs and also localizaton at the same time, so for that reason we’re taking a little longer. With that in mind, I say 65 to 75%, but if we’re talking development for the game itself, it’s actually a little further than that.

Last edited:
1) I'm definitely for them putting the old, turn-based system in FFVIIR to satisfy purists, essentially making an HD remake of the original, while also designing a cool, new real time system. I honestly think this is their best option, to give the choice. @Awesmic seemed to suggest as much and this is something I've thought for a little while.

2) Overall, I am very, very pleased with the direction they've taken with Duscae. I think they learned from their mistakes, omissions, etc. For example, I wasn't crazy about the system in XIII-1 where you just gave commands to the party overall (more or less) with the paradigm shifts. I didn't hate it, didn't despise it, it is an interesting idea, but probably not going to be a hit. Then shifting to single player in XIII-3 was going to the other extreme. Duscae has a cool balance of feeling that control of a single character, but still being part of a group. The tweaks they made in 2.0 of Duscae made it even better. Square is onto something with Duscae, so I think there is every reason to be optimistic about FFXV and FFVIIR.

3) VERY intrigued by them working with the makers of Just Cause 3! Just Cause 2 was one of the funnest games I ever played on PS3. In spite of the high marks it got from critics, I still think it is underrated and under-appreciated, and I can't wait for Just Cause 3. If Square is looking at incorporating the Avalanche engine into FF games, if that happens.... not sure I can find the right meme or animated gif here.... Imagining Cloud or Noctis being able to fly around like Rico is a sweet idea.

HHH816

A_thumb.jpg

screenshot__2__thumb.jpg
screenshot__1__thumb.jpg
screenshot__3__thumb.jpg

new screenshot

Tyaren

Standard Donor
A_thumb.jpg

screenshot__2__thumb.jpg
screenshot__1__thumb.jpg
screenshot__3__thumb.jpg

new screenshot

Oh, come on, you should really know the drill. XD If there's new info/stuff please always state the source/context. Otherwise people will ask anyway... So, where did you get these from? Are there screens in better quality (these are stamp sized :/) and is there maybe even more?

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

Atleast XV is gonna have FF style towns /cities hats really good to see. I was starting to think it was going to be all realistic.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Okay, now I had to search for 10 minutes, but I found at least high resolution pics, will talk about them in the graphics thread...

HHH816

Tyaren

Standard Donor
that's a beautiful rendering of semi long hair!

It's actually not rendered but real time in-game graphics, as Square Enix announced. I was overall pretty disappointed by the newest trailer (where this still is taken from) but I was pretty impressed by the graphics, when I found out, that it is real time and not rendered. But that's probably more of a topic for the graphics and art style thread... ;)

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Recently got back into Final Fantasy Record Keeper. Such a fun little distraction. I wonder why I stopped playing...

Xernuht

Started playing some old PSP faves of mine, God Eater Burst and Dissidia Duodecim.

God, I forgot how fun Dissidia is. Gotta start relearning my main 3 (Sephiroth, Tifa, Prishe).

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Speaking of Dissidia, I wonder how the new one is coming along in development? I know Team Ninja is developing the game. I already have Lightning and Squall, so all I need is Zidane and I can create my hero dream team of Lighting (favorite female protagonist), Squall (favorite protagonist period), and Zidane (from my favorite FF ever).

Xernuht

I believe Zidane is confirmed. In fact, all of the original Cosmos warriors from the first Dissidia have been confirmed, in addition to Y'shtola and Ramza.

By principle, I would assume any character other than Feral Chaos who was playable in Duodecim has good odds of getting in.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
@Jyakotu: There won't be any news updates about the next-gen Dissidia until TGS, at the rate things are going.

That event is closer to when the arcade version should be officially released, with the PS4 version launching the year after.

@Jyakotu: There won't be any news updates about the next-gen Dissidia until TGS, at the rate things are going.

That event is closer to when the arcade version should be officially released, with the PS4 version launching the year after.

Is it confirmed for PS4? Last I heard it was arcade-only....

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD