Final Fantasy Thread

It was confirmed a long time ago.

Last I saw it was "likely" but not 100% confirmed. If it is confirmed, then:

200.gif

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Sure as hell isn't Friday.

Right you are! :) And it's also the day of a new Active Time Report for FFXV on PAX Prime.
Let's see, if they've learned something from the train wreck, that their Gamescom ATR was.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Sorry, for the double post, But I guess, you guys do want to be updated of what happened yesterday at PAX?
  • Release year in 2016, full release date will be revealed in a special Square Enix event in March
  • Video showing in-progress development
  • Noctis can wield guns
  • Noctis and party can wield shields alongside swords
  • Cor uses a Katana
  • New samurai enemy
  • magic effects, combat with aerial enemies, game's main menu were shown
  • More concept art
  • In-game version of Altissia will rival that of pre-rendered version
  • Leviathan summon is female, summons will have their own personalities
  • Ramuh and other summons are involved in creation of the game world
  • More info on Luna, chocobos, and fishing minigames will be at TGS.
  • Extended Gamescom Dawn trailer will be shown at TGS
  • New Caim outpost was shown near ocean. Can seamlessly get on boat, boat will travel across ocean in real-time but you won't have direct control of boat. More of a one-way trip instead of full on sea exploration
  • New driving gameplay video, choose between auto drive or manual drive.
  • Can run out of gas, will have to get out of car and push to nearest gas station
  • Various views, cockpit, chase cam, etc. for car travel

djayhpezzy.gif

edit:
    Here's the full ATR in HQ quality:

Jump to 22:18 for shirtless Gladiolus and other concept art, jump to 41:00 and 48:00 to see new gameplay. :)

Also, Cor is still alive! ;O;

HiddenThankfulBufflehead.gif

Last edited:

LightSonic

It's good to see Cor is still going to do something in battles. We haven't seen him in forever.

All the gameplay they showed look really good and improved from Episode Duscae, and the whole world looks great! I am very happy to see they didn't throw away Prompto's old gameplay style from when other characters were playable. For him it was third person shooting similar to in FF7: DoC. I always thought it would have looked really cool to do that with Noctis, but when they said the other characters weren't playable anymore, I thought there was no way it would still stay on Noctis.

And, more warp points is nice too. I did wonder what it looked like inside the enemy airships.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Two new official screenshots, plus one older one, that I have completely missed before:

55E4523F4E1BB30010

55E452414E144C0019

7vhv7ZQ.jpg

Jadeinchains

So there is a free drive in FF15? I wonder how it controls i doubt you can go crazy and crash into people or stuff. The game really does look amazing though with how big the world is.

Jadeinchains

The game world might turn out to be one of the largest game worlds ever. People are already trying to figure it all out by the limited information we got:

ffxv_world_map_____analysis_in_progress____updated_by_nurboyxvi-d94sf6t.png

DuPPYJT.png

mxTQuYQ.png

ypCGCry.png

C4HanEC.png

Wow that comparison to gta v and witcher 3! I hope the world has a rich lore to uncover and is full of history because I love discovering stuff like that for every location and creature.

Because it is a Final Fantasy game I wonder how the open world will work. Like can you fully just explore the world at your own pace like in skyrim or gta or are you blocked off from areas and carried along the story.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Because it is a Final Fantasy game I wonder how the open world will work. Like can you fully just explore the world at your own pace like in skyrim or gta or are you blocked off from areas and carried along the story.

I think, they already confirmed, that you will explore the world bit by bit with the progression of the story. It is initially not completely free. Kinda like Xenoblade Chronicles. But in the end game the whole world is ready for you to explore/revisit. I actually would really like that. I always feel a little lost and demotivated to follow the actual story in games like Skyrim or GTA5. Lol, I never finished either of these games' story campaigns.

Jadeinchains

I think, they already confirmed, that you will explore the world bit by bit with the progression of the story. It is initially not completely free. Kinda like Xenoblade Chronicles. But in the end game the whole world is ready for you to explore/revisit. I actually would really like that. I always feel a little lost and demotivated to follow the actual story in games like Skyrim or GTA5. Lol, I never finished either of these games' story campaigns.

That seems okay. I hope there is lots to do in the cities and settlements in the world and that after you complete the story you can still play around in the world.

Wow that comparison to gta v and witcher 3! I hope the world has a rich lore to uncover and is full of history because I love discovering stuff like that for every location and creature.

To be fair, in most GTA games you were blocked off from parts of the world until certain events would happen. Like a bridge would be closed or something that would prevent you from travelling to other parts of the map. [I know there were glitches and cheats that could get you past, but the intention was to block off parts.] In fact, many open world games I've played have had some areas blocked off initially, Infamous being one that comes to mind. So, if FFXV has some parts of the world initially blocked off (or inaccessible until you get an airship), then that's not really detracting from its status as an "open world" game to me.

One critique though: I hear you can run out of gas in FFXV. Meh, that's too much realism for me. I have to worry about how full my gas tank is in real-life, I don't need it in a video game. There's never been a point in a GTA game where I think, "this would be so much better if I had to keep track of fuel!"

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Lol, and yet another FFXV ATR rolling in next week on Tokyo Game Show... I don't mind at all. :3

Here's a little preview pic they released:

COnBMJmVEAACmeN.jpg:orig

Yay, Chocobos! :D

UpSideDownGRUNT

Those screens are SOOO much more polished than Episode Duscae it's kinda interesting to see how good it looks now, also is it me or does Noctis look older and less in his teens in that new trailer?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD