Fire Emblem Franchise Thread.

KokorosMaster

Standard Donor
Note: Everything posted here is for the N/A (North America) Fire Emblem! Certain things are different between JP (Japan) and N/A and I would like to make that clear now! For information on the JP game and character builds and so on, message me and I will be happy to supply any and all data required for you. Until then, I am sticking to the N/A stats for the characters and N/A build of the game. Thank you!

Well one last thing to mention before we get started for legal reasons... No one is allowed to post the Rom for ANY Fire Emblem. Rom supplying is illegal! if you want it, Find it yourself! its VERY easy. I can supply modding programs like Nightmare and things like BS Palette Assembler program but Rom supplying is NOT ALLOWED. Please refrain from posting any links here. If you have a problem finding it, message me in a pm and I will >help you< get what you are looking for. Well lets begin!

The title is exactly what it says. The thread is dedicated to everything Fire Emblem. My first experience with Fire Emblem was in Fire Emblem 8. Known as Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. (Fire Emblem: Seima no Kōseki) It was the third and final game released on Gameboy Advanced (GBA) for the franchise before they moved on to other systems in the Nintendo family.

Fire Emblem:TSS, is the one I've spent the most time on. With over 500+ hours on Fire Emblem: Awakening, I could not honestly tell you, how many hours I've put into FE:TSS. I still put hours into the game on an Emulator as I no longer have the games physical copy. I mod and expand my Fire Emblem experience to add countless hours to one game. (ill get into that more later though ;p)

The characters you start out with are Eirika and Seth in the prologue. (Titled "The Fall of Renais") Eirika is your main lord Unit in the beginning, whilst Seth is your pre upgraded unit who in the beginning will blow through most enemy units easily. He is a Paladin Unit which is available after hitting level 10 or up (Max is lvl 20) with certain units like the Cavalier and using an item that evolves them into a promotion class.

Certain classes have certain promotions and no unit can change classes after their promotion in Fire Emblem:TSS. (with the exception of Trainee characters who can promote more than twice unlike most characters and some characters like Seth, are promoted when you get them and will not be able to promote at all later in the game. Note: In FE:TSS, there are only 3 trainee characters)

Fire Emblem works differently compared to most games. You can recruit certain units throughout the game by completing certain conditions (Typically involves talking to a unit with a certain character) however if someone dies in a chapter, they will stay dead for the rest of the game. Unless you restart the chapter completely, that the unit died in. (Execptions are Lords as its game over when they die and you are forced to restart the chapter obviously. and rare character exceptions like Seth as they do not die but retreat in that fight but are never usable in the game again)

The game follows a triangle system in battle. However there are 2 different triangles in place here for two different sets weapons. The game is separated between physical weapons and magical weapons and characters will either use Physical weapons like a sword or use Magical Weapons like a Light Magic Tome.

There are 4 physical weapon types in the game. Swords, Lances, Axes, and Bows. However units that are a "Knight" can only use a Lance, however when promoted to the General class, they have access to Swords, Lances, and Axes. Certain classes get access to different things and promotion of units and managemt of units becomes hugely important as limiting yourself can cause severe issues later in the game.

The triangle for physical weapons is, Swords beat Axes, Axes Beat Lances, Lances beat Swords. This does not mean you can not hit the enemy with your weapon, it just typically will give slight advantages to the player who uses the triangle to its fullest. The triangle system will affect hit % typically but normally wont be anything massively drastic depending on your characters stats and the enemies compared against one another. Bows are not in the triangle but work slightly different. Attacking at a range of 2 spaces away (More depending on the bow) but are unusable at close distances in order to make positions of Archers and such hugely important within the game.

The magic triangle is, Anima Magic beats Light Magic, Light Magic beats Dark Magic, Dark Magic beats Anima Magic. The fourth magic weapon are Staffs. They actually typically are used to heal and/or support units at a distance, but other staffs have other abilities like increasing magical Resistance for several turns and other various things like casting berserk on a unit.

Some Definitions for your character stats below.

Level (Lvl): Your characters current level.

Health points (HP): The Health of your character. When it reaches 0, they die.

Strength/Magic (Str/Mag): Strength is a character stat that affects the amount of damage that the character inflicts when using a physical (non-magic) attack weapon. The Magic stat determines the potency of magical attacks and healing staves.

Skill (Skl):
increases a unit's Hit Percentage and Critical Rate. It also increases the chances of activating special Skills such as Lethality in certain games.

Speed (Spd): is a stat that usually affects the Number of Strikes a character can make. It "can" also affect the Evasion ability of a character.

Luck (Lck): It is a stat that affects the ability to both hit and dodge attacks. Also, on desert maps where objects lie in the sand, luck sometimes affects the ability to unearth them. It also reduces the enemy's Critical Rate chances.

Defense (Def): is the character stat which reduces damage taken from physical weapons.

Resistance (Res): (also known as magical defense) is the Fire Emblem statistic that defines a unit's ability to defend against magical attacks. Higher the resistance less damage the unit will get by magical attacks.

Constitution (Con): is a representation of how big a character/unit is. Constitution is also affected by characters that usually have Mounts (Pegasus Knights, Cavaliers, etc.). Constitution determines which weapons units can carry without suffering a penalty to their Attack Speed in battle, as well as which other units they can rescue and capture.

Movement (Mov): is the statistic used to determine how far units can move in one turn.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now lets talk starting characters!

Your starting lord is Eirika.
Eirikaingame.png

She starts at level 1 and is a sword wielder. Saying as you get her in the beginning and you will fight many axe wielders in the beginning. She is easy to level and typically should be the unit you level in the beginning instead of Seth as his XP grind for a level is very large compared to virtually every character in the game.

Eirika starts with these stats
Level (Lvl): 1
Health Points (HP): 16 --------------------------------->HP Growth Rate: 70%<
Strength/Magic (Str/Mag): 4 -------------------------->S/M Growth Rate: 40%<
Skill (Skl): 8 ----------------------------------------------->Skl Growth Rate: 60%<
Speed (Spd): 9 ------------------------------------------->Spd Growth Rate: 60%<
Luck (Lck): 5 ---------------------------------------------->Lck Growth Rate: 60%<
Defense (Def): 3 ----------------------------------------->Def Growth Rate: 30%<
Resistance (Res): 1 ------------------------------------->Res Growth Rate: 30%<
Constitution (Con): 5
Movement (Move): 5
Sword Level: E
Eirikas battle sprite looks like this >
Eirika_Lord.gif
Pretty nice right? (Note: Not a critical animation. Just a normal Attack Animation)

Your second character is Seth.
Seth_Face_Sprite.png

A paladin who trumps all starting characters as he is pre-promoted and is one of Eirikas best and later possibly love interest if thats what you choose. Seth can use Swords and Lances but typically in the beginning you wont want to use him. As he takes a very long time to level. In Chapter 5 (Titled "The Emperors Reach") you can enter him in a "Arena" where you can easily boost his level to 20 (Max level) and boost your healers levels all while accruing HUGE amounts of gold at the same time. (One reason why FE:TSS is considered fairly easy by the community)

Seths stats start out as follows.
Health Points (HP): 30 --------------------------------->HP Growth Rate: 90%< his HP Growth rate is 85% in JP
Strength/Magic (Str/Mag): 14 -------------------------->S/M Growth Rate: 50%<
Skill (Skl): 13 ----------------------------------------------->Skl Growth Rate: 45%<
Speed (Spd): 12 ------------------------------------------->Spd Growth Rate: 45%<
Luck (Lck): 13 ---------------------------------------------->Lck Growth Rate: 25%<
Defense (Def): 11 ----------------------------------------->Def Growth Rate: 40%<
Resistance (Res): 8 ------------------------------------->Res Growth Rate: 30%<
Constitution (Con): 11
Movement (Move): 8
Sword Level: A
Lance Level: A

His battle sprites look like this (Non critical animations)
Seth_Sword_Animation.gif
<Sword Animation
Seth_Lance_Animation.gif
<Lance Animation

I will continue my break down on Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones after I receive some notice people are reading. I want to hear everyone story on their fire emblem experience.

I will continually break down FE:TSS and the rest of the Fire Emblems ive played until im finished.
FE8 will be the longest as it will cover almost everthing involving the game. From characters stats and growth rates. To modding and hacking the game like importing your very own Sprites, Importing new animations for current units and things like creating your very own story. This thread will break down every single player level in FE:TSS and offer information on the easiest ways to complete each level and more. Im huge into Fire Emblem and there is not much I cant do to help any person who wants to get better and/or more involved in FE. For Hacking or actual playing purposes. I know its starting a little all over the place but there is huge amounts of info to get out and this is my very first time going through a game on a thread like this in such detail. So please bear with me.

All Likes and any form of support is hugely appreciated, and any form of help in order to improve layout and so forth is hugely appreciated.

Well where here at the bottom. Whos your favorite character in FE? I personally don't know myself. Marisa, Lute, Seth, Gilliam, and Joshua are my favorite from FE:TSS, but the entire Franchise has so many characters I love. Marisa and Lute probably have to be my most Favorite though..

Do you have one?

Marisa Vs Joshua (SwordMaster Vs SwordMaster)
Complete_1.gif

Lutes battle animation as a Sage using a Tome
Lute-sage.gif

Last edited:

KokorosMaster

Standard Donor
It can only get bigger my friend...

Edit: Soon this comment will have ALL characters head portraits, stats, and growth rates posted in it for your viewing pleasure. (FE:TSS) Except for Seth and Eirika. They are in OP!

Edit (3:51 am 04/12/14)

Character list (Stats, Stat Growth, Etc.)

Eirika- See OP (Original Post)
Here is her promotion class static sprite for Great Lord Eirika
Bs_fe08_eirika_great_lord_sword.png

Seth- See OP

Marisa
Marisa.gif
Known as "The Crimson Flash"

Marisa is a Myrmidon unit who specalizes in Sword fighting. She has Excellent Evasion and Speed but typically lacks defense and Strength.

You will first be introduced to Marisa on Chapter 10. (Titled "Revolt at Carino) She starts out on the enemy side and has to be talked to by Gerik in order to be recruited. She comes with a Shamshir which grants her access to high critical percantage making her a dangerous foe, but a even better teammate.

Marisa can run through the Lagdou ruins by herself as a Swordmaster if she is equipped properly for the battles in the preparation menu. However she will need max stats in order to be able to beat the last floor however its not impossible.

Assassin would grant her the lethal ability and make her have chances to instant kill even the toughest enemies on the last floor. However I don't remember the stat caps of assassin for Marisa as ive never made her an assassin once. When I played Lagdou ruins, she wasn't ever hit once.

Her stats are as follows.
Lvl: 5
HP: 23 --------------------------------->HP Growth Rate: 75%<
Str/Mag: 7 -------------------------->S/M Growth Rate: 30%<
Skl: 12 ----------------------------------------------->Skl Growth Rate: 55%<
Spd: 13 ------------------------------------------->Spd Growth Rate: 60%<
Lck: 9 ---------------------------------------------->Lck Growth Rate: 50%<
Def: 4 ----------------------------------------->Def Growth Rate: 15%<
Res: 3 ------------------------------------->Res Growth Rate: 25%<
Con: 5
Move: 5
Sword Level: D

Her Assassin battle sprite >
Marisa_assassin_sword.gif

her static SwordMaster Sprite >
Bs_fe08_marisa_swordmaster_sword.png
and her default Myrmidon Sprite.
Bs_fe08_marisa_myrmidon_sword.png
(Static)

Edit for Gilliam: 4:34am 04/12/14
Gilliam
FE8_Gilliam.gif
An Armoured knight of Frelia. He's quiet yet dependable.

Gilliam is a knight that you recieve early in the game. Getting him in Chapter 1. (Titled "Escape"). He will become available instantly on your team at the start of Turn 2. His only usable weapon as a Knight is a lance, which cuts his effectiveness down along with his poor resistance. However his defense will grow high as you have long amounts of time to level him up. Turning him into a General or Great Knight will also open up more Physical Weapon options. However his resistance in either class will never be very good and he can struggle against powerful magic wielders later in the game if you're not careful with your units positioning.

However as a general, Gilliam has a huge chance to max out his defense making him one of your toughest units. Though Gilliams awesomeness doesn't stop there. Generals have a chance to get an ability called "Great Shield". When they are being attacked, Great Shield nutralizes all damage regardless of what it is and what its from. (Assassins have an ability called Lethal which instant kills anything even if they normally would do 0 damage. The Great Shield is the only thing that can stop it as lethal has 100% hit rate)

His low movement and speed can make it tough to stick to as Cavaliers and other units can run through the map much faster. However promoting Gilliam either as General or Great Knight is worth it and he should always be one of your toughest units for defense throughout the game as well as health points as he has a 90% growth rate for health making him a sponge lol.

His stats are as follows.
Level (Lvl): 4
Health Points (HP): 25 --------------------------------->HP Growth Rate: 90%<
Strength/Magic (Str/Mag): 9 -------------------------->S/M Growth Rate: 45%<
Skill (Skl): 6 ----------------------------------------------->Skl Growth Rate: 35%<
Speed (Spd): 3 ------------------------------------------->Spd Growth Rate: 30%<
Luck (Lck): 3 ---------------------------------------------->Lck Growth Rate: 30%<
Defense (Def): 9 ----------------------------------------->Def Growth Rate: 55%<
Resistance (Res): 3 ------------------------------------->Res Growth Rate: 20%<
Constitution (Con): 14
Movement (Move): 4
Lance Level: C

Gilliam as a Knight
GilliamKnight.png
(Static)

Gilliam as a General with Sword, Lance, and Axe (Static)
GilliamGeneralSword.png
GilliamGeneralLance.png
GilliamAxe.png

And Gilliam as a Great Knight with Sword, Lance and Axe (Static)
GilliamGreatKnightSword.png
GilliamGreatKnightLance.png
GilliamGreatKnightAxe.png

Edit: 4:03 pm 04/12/14 Franz added
Franz
FE8_Franz.gif
An earnest and compassionate cavalier from Renais.

Franz is available at the same time as Gilliam. Chapter 1, turn 2.

Franz is a cavalier unit who unlike Kyle, does not lack speed. Franz also doesnt lake the strength Forde does and for this. People often support him with Amelia. Though non of his growths are particularly high expect for HP.

His stats when you get him are actually pretty high for a cavalier and it is recommended that you fully level him and the rest of the cavaliers in the Tower of Valni or through skirmishes. Then choose Knights Crest to promote the best Cavalier at the time.
Great Knight has more fitting caps and a higher rate of constitution, so typically, players choose that path for him in spite of movement loss.

His stats are as follows.
Health Points (HP): 20 --------------------------------->HP Growth Rate: 80%<
Strength/Magic (Str/Mag): 7 -------------------------->S/M Growth Rate: 40%<
Skill (Skl): 5 ----------------------------------------------->Skl Growth Rate: 40%<
Speed (Spd): 7 ------------------------------------------->Spd Growth Rate: 50%<
Luck (Lck): 2 ---------------------------------------------->Lck Growth Rate: 40%<
Defense (Def): 6 ----------------------------------------->Def Growth Rate: 25%<
Resistance (Res): 1 ------------------------------------->Res Growth Rate: 20%<
Constitution (Con): 9
Movement (Move): 7
Sword Level: E
Lance Level: D

This is Franz as a Cavalier preforming a critical with a Lance. His static sprite with Sword as well.
Franz_cavalier_lance.gif
Bs_fe08_franz_cavalier_sword.png

This is Franz as a Paladin during his critical sword animation. Beside it is the Static Lance sprite
Franz_paladin_sword%20Crit.gif
Bs_fe08_franz_paladin_lance.png

Great Knight Sprite, Axe with his critical animation. Static images of both Lance and Sword Great Knight Franz.
Franz_greatknight_axe.gif
Bs_fe08_franz_great_knight_sword.png
Bs_fe08_franz_great_knight_lance.png

Last edited:

KokorosMaster

Standard Donor
Ill soon have every characters portrait up along with one (Minimal) of their battle sprites. It will also include all the stats and growth rates. *In fact that will be the next thing I work on is getting every character in FE:TSS posted*

Last edited:

KokorosMaster

Standard Donor
Idk how you managed to put up all those stats, pics and stuff though. lol

I actually use the in game data using one of my modding programs. Fire Emblem wiki has much of the stats but I do not trust any of the uploaders other than Blaze, as he is a very respected member of the FE community. Though all my stats and growths are directly taken from within the game.

my battle experience?
"Fredrick take the left flank everyone else go right"

Great Knights are bad ass. Paladins are some of the most well rounded units in the game though. Plus you get a shit ton of them... But Great Knight have insane defense and movement.

Last edited:

DoANoob

My experience with the Fire Emblem series started with the one before The Sacred Stones Which was Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken. It was the 1st Fire Emblem in the series to be released in North America and Europe on the Game Boy Advance. The game had 3 character stories.
thumb_fe7lynmug.gif
Lyndis/Lyn: Kind-spirited swordsmaster, born in the Sacaen Plains, last of the Lorca tribe, and
granddaughter of Lord Hausen of Caelin.
Lyn_lord_sword_critical.gif

thumb_fe7eliwoodmug.gif
Eliwood: Born in the household of Pherae, son of Lord Elbert & Lady Eleanora, Swordmaster

Eliwood_lord_sword.gif

fe7hectormug.gif
Hector: Axe-wielder, friend of Eliwood, brother of Lord Uther of Ostia.

hector_lord_axe.gif

DoANoob

And as for Favorite characters, that's a tough one, but I do like Sain the cavalier, he's a goof, a flirt, and sometimes he doesn't take his job too seriously. I also like Florina the Pegasus knight. She's cute and timid.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
And who could forget good ol' dorky Dorcas... well everyone I guess? ;p

Or Moulder from Sacred Stones. He's a classic.

I also happen to LOVE what they come up with for English names.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD