Free Guide with purchase of game at Bestbuy this week.

TheTHCGamer

Fuck yea now i feel a lot better about preordering at best buy and i cant wait to pick up my copy tomorrow. Thank you DR2K you da man.

Chaos

Alright...if I buy DOA5 (not pre ordered) I get the guide for free? Fucking awesome! :eek: hmmmm....... I hope theres no catch behind this. Im just curious thats all.

TheTHCGamer

Alright...if I buy DOA5 (not pre ordered) I get the guide for free? Fucking awesome! :eek: hmmmm....... I hope theres no catch behind this. Im just curious thats all.
The catch is when this week is over the offer expires and the same goes if the guides are all gone. There just trying to take advantage of the games initial release for people that are on the fence and maybe steal some sales from other stores.

Jenks3

Honestly thanks to the internet I've never really bought a guide for a fighting game. Do you guys feel it's worth it?

TheTHCGamer

Honestly thanks to the internet I've never really bought a guide for a fighting game. Do you guys feel it's worth it?
Lol Its free and Dr dogg worked on it so i trust its going to be a quality guide. I personally like a well done guide because i can read it anytime and anywhere. I dont always like reading from the internet and online guides never look as good as same information printed in strategy guides. Sure some of the stuff might change in patches but you can always grab a pen then make the changes yourself.

A lot of people say things like a guide will be wortless with patches that change gameplay but i dont feel that way. Some of the elements of the gameplay will change but a good majority of the moves in the game will remain the same. Most patches also make subtle changes to the gameplay but if there are any significant changes i can always make changes with a pen in the guide.

A few patches for fighting games have changed the gameplay considerably but patches dont make a whole new game. No matter what a lot of the core gameplay elements will remain the same so yea im really looking forward to the guide.

Jeremy

I'm picking up my preorder collectors edition tonight from gamestop. I was on the fence about getting the guide but I think you just sold me on it. I wont get it for free but thats ok, I'm happy with my preorder bonus.

How much is it? 30$ or something? *edit* Oh, $19.99.

DR2K

Guides become irrelevant when the internet has all the information, but for the first few months they're very useful tools.

TheTHCGamer

I'm picking up my preorder collectors edition tonight from gamestop. I was on the fence about getting the guide but I think you just sold me on it. I wont get it for free but thats ok, I'm happy with my preorder bonus.

How much is it? 30$ or something? *edit* Oh, $19.99.
Pretty sure youll get some 10 to 15 percent discount if you purchase the game with the guide at gamestop and if theres no guides ask if they can maybe honor it later.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD