System Free Step Dash Cancel Bug

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Just to clarify, no human has managed to do this without assistance from a macro, correct?

For those that may be brushing this off since DOA6 is around the corner, do realize that there is an extremely high chance that FSDC is gonna be in that game as well due to idle frames.
Nah, Team Ninja likes to take anything remotely advantageous to advanced players away. They're cheap so there's only a slight chance we'll see a patch for 5 but I'm almost certain they'll work to remove the glitch from 6 now that they have an idea of the cause and how it operates and since it's obviously replicable.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Just to clarify, no human has managed to do this without assistance from a macro, correct?

Nah, Team Ninja likes to take anything remotely advantageous to advanced players away. They're cheap so there's only a slight chance we'll see a patch for 5 but I'm almost certain they'll work to remove the glitch from 6 now that they have an idea of the cause and how it operates and since it's obviously replicable.

You can definitely do this normally. You can time Akira's 2H+K for example even on a regular pad.

usagiZ

I wonder if this bug will be considered advanced tech by the community despite it being unintended.
It's kind of interesting when emergent gameplay resulting from glitches are considered part of the 'depth' of a game.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Oh so it's more an issue they don't know how to get rid of it xD

Well, don't know. They might know how to get rid of it now at least since the community has near solid repro steps for them with lots of evidence. Or they just don't care to fix it. Also don't know that even if they want to fix it, if DOA5LR would get a patch, or they might just wait for DOA6 to fix it. Only TN knows.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Well, don't know. They might know how to get rid of it now at least since the community has near solid repro steps for them with lots of evidence. Or they just don't care to fix it. Also don't know that even if they want to fix it, if DOA5LR would get a patch, or they might just wait for DOA6 to fix it. Only TN knows.
I don't think they need to fix it now in LR, its a good exploit but tbh its kind of similar to that debris guarantee tech, it's good and has potential but you're not gonna see it very often if at all in real matches unless your JF is en point and you're willing to risk it. Even top players I've seen generally haven't been able to do it back to back consistently so I'm not sure if in future tourneys we'll see several of them xD

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor

I'd rather see the time and energy spent making content for release and making the game good tbh.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Guys, it's also in Dead or Alive 4, hahaha.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CZucwVxmh8QvBElptt3JraPxZMgccbX4/view?usp=sharing

I don't have DOA4 anymore, so I just downloaded the demo to try it out and let the punishing AI give in.
Can we get more people testing how far back this goes? DOA2 In the arcade handled free-step different than the Dreamcast and PS2 versions. I'd be curious to see where the glitch was introduced. In DOA2 on Naomi, the free-step was a command. They loosened it up and added the free step button and also analog stick control in the console ports. Manny went back the furthest so far I think and showed off 2U/online but that's based on 3 anyway. I have no idea how to replicate this otherwise I'd test myself. Doubt it works in 1 or ++ but I'd be curious to see what does happen.

Raansu

I don't think they need to fix it now in LR, its a good exploit but tbh its kind of similar to that debris guarantee tech, it's good and has potential but you're not gonna see it very often if at all in real matches unless your JF is en point and you're willing to risk it. Even top players I've seen generally haven't been able to do it back to back consistently so I'm not sure if in future tourneys we'll see several of them xD

I wouldn't consider something that practically breaks the game as good.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
4ffc86c9228913602175a6b64012e1e0.300x225x103.gif

Reactions: YEH
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD