Garou Densetsu/Fatal Fury

Derock

YES!

Here's hoping for a MILF Yuri Sakazaki reveal somewhere down the line.

No. The MILF will be... King. (But I'm not denying Yuri's appearance and playable, as future DLC along with King, Robert and Mr. Karate II aka Ryo!)

Uberprinny

Hmmm....I m half and half on this one. I love Mark of the Wolves and other Neo Geo stuff. Now I m not sure. Since Snk Playmore is owned by the Saudi Prince. Funny that they changed Kushnood Butt to Marco Rodrigues. Too many memes can be done by yours truly. XD

inochinagi

Standard Donor
Hmmm....I m half and half on this one. I love Mark of the Wolves and other Neo Geo stuff. Now I m not sure. Since Snk Playmore is owned by the Saudi Prince. Funny that they changed Kushnood Butt to Marco Rodrigues. Too many memes can be done by yours truly. XD

In this case, it's not really a change. Strangely, "Kushnood Butt" was an invention of western localizers who were afraid that the official name he had in Japan and other regions would be a problem because it was similar to the name of real MMA fighter "Ricco Rodriguez".... o_O Why they changed this Brazilian characters name to a legit-sounding male Pakistani name (even "Butt" is an actual surname there) is the question of all time. So anyways, now his name is the same in all regions. :thumbs up:

Uberprinny

Tizoc became heel to develop the King of Dinosaurs persona in KOF 14 and 15. I wonder what would he call himself here. Also would he be a heel or a babyface? @inochinagi, sigh so localizers have been messing with things since Capcom's final fight. Its worst now than before. Instead of pursuing great storylines, they pursue political agendas that would make the communists blush due to their ignorance.

I just hope that I wouldn't wake up one day to find out that I belong to a provincial police state with martial law, curfews, mandatory black outs, and is led by a dictator. X.x

Last edited:

inochinagi

Standard Donor
In the case of Kushnood Butt at least, I see it as the same kind of thing that cause the whole Bison -> Vega -> Balrog thing just because of Mike Tyson, lol. Sodom becoming Katana is another weird one. Weird name changes in English versions of FGs have been an issue almost as long as there's been FGs...

Derock

You also have the name changes in Darkstalkers series:

Jon Talbain -> Gallon
Lord Raptor -> Zabel Zarock
Rikuo - Aulbath
Huitzil - Phobos
Hsien-Ko and Mei-Ling -> Lei-Lei and Lin-Lin
Baby Bonnie Hood -> Bulleta

Anita was also renamed as Amanda in western releases of Nightwarriors/Vampire Hunter but went back to the original name.

But also included for Street Fighter: Akuma is the preferred name instead of Gouki because the former has a more badass vibe for the character. Charlie was Nash before confirming the latter as a last name.

Uberprinny

While we are on the subject of Capcom characters, I hate these modern day names

Balrog- Boxer
Vega- Claw
M.Bison- Dictator

Its too generic just because of a translation error. It doesn't have that impact. They are just stupid descriptions. Its almost the same as doing this!

John Talbain- werewolf
Dimitri-vampire
Lord Raptor-Zom. B
Rikuo- Frog
Huitzil- Roboto
Hsien-ko- Jiangshi
Baby Bonny Hood- loli red riding hood

Last edited:

Derock

While we are on the subject of Capcom characters, I hate these modern day names

Balrog- Boxer
Vega- Claw
M.Bison- Dictator

Its too generic just because of a translation error. It doesn't have that impact. They are just stupid descriptions. Its almost the same as doing this!

John Talbain- werewolf
Dimitri-vampire
Lord Raptor-Zom. B
Rikuo- Frog
Huitzil- Roboto
Hsien-ko- Jiangshi
Baby Bonny Hood- loli red riding hood

I do agree with the SF's bosses' names. It is generic because people don't understand the lore and BtS stuff. The original Japanese did have some meaning and we knew about the switching because of the fear of Mike Tyson might sue back then. But that became moot because he was surprised about it not too long ago. However, I do agree about Vega's name switch because Balrog doesn't sound right as a Spanish name. Same for Bison, as in Master Bison, since Vega doesn't sound very threatening, even though the name came from a star.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD