Get up you lazy bum!

What are some good options against this, is it possible to not be picked up at all?
I'm having a hard time against this right now, seems like I lose a great deal of life once I get knocked down from bass by it, so I'm sure there's a work around.

(...yes I'm aware that I am not a great player)

Yaguar

We on about Bass' ground grab where he lifts you up?
My suggestions are sidestep or grab. If he is going for hits, SS P. If he is using OH's then just mash throw.

(P.S. I use jap voices so I'm pretty clueless here =D )

Chaos

Cool topic dude lol. :cool: Bass :2::K: is so damn annoying especially his fucking ground pick up grab. Sreiously dude, I really the topic because its pretty hilarious XD.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Moved to the Bass forum.

Keep in mind that 66P now tracks, and if you try to low jab you run the risk of being launched with 33P or knocked down again with 66P on counter hit.

The best thing to do is back-dash after the pick-up unless you're back is to the wall where you're just going to have to guess.

Koor

Its a real guessing game honestly. The pickup puts Bass at +11 (from front and back pickup) & +7 (from a side pickup) You really have to read Bass' movements. I main him atm and i make it my goal to get those guaranteed pickups as often as i can. Sometimes i'll even risk a non-guaranteed if the opponent lets me. I think the best way of dealing with the pickup is just to block and read. See what he does first and go from there. Sidestepping can work pretty well but keep in mind his :6::6::P: & :1::P: can track. The first is a knockdown which leads into a "Get up ya lazy bum! :cool:" The second is a trip stun which now puts you in another mixup. Its all about reading his moves. Eventually you'll catch on to a pattern somewhat.

And the Wah beats me to it XD

Scornwell

A flawlessly timed fuzzy guard can keep pressure and beat a lot of his options, but this is very difficult.
The crouch dash would dodge the OH and then allow you enough time to guard the 66P, 1P, or a 6F+K on reaction. However, if Bass expects this, than his low OH would win everytime at 10i.
Bass has truly frightening options with his Okizeme game

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
GOOD.

Honestly, this is one of those things you learn to hate. You can't SS because you might get hit with 66P or grabbed. You can't duck because you'll get launched or reset back into the same situation. You can't stand because there's a high chance anything you throw at him except throws may just backfire. You can 2P him because he has low OHs and 33P.

The safest options are to either stand and block the mids or duck the OHs.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD