Good game, Bad game Online/Offline thread

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Yeah good games man. It was fun playing you :)

And thanks for that. It means a lot to me for you to say that. If you could give me some feedback on my gameplay that would be much appreciated as well.

The first thing I want to point out is; Do not use Jann's 33P as a range tool. Not sure if those were intentional or not, but it's not a range tool nonetheless. It's very punishable whether it's blocked or it whiffs. I was a bit lazy on the strike punishment on it since it left you back turned, so I threw it instead every time.

Do note that if a strike or finished string (in general, as in any character) leaves you back turned and is at least -11 (-10 for i9 strikers), you can legitimately be strike punished. Because you have to consider the amount of frames to turn around, as well as that strike or string's recovery (including block stun).

Your use of Jann's 7K is actually very solid. You do know when and how to use it when people are approaching. But you don't optimize the damage on the counter hit, you opt for 6PK as the juggle. When instead, you can do PP6P > PPP6P or PP6P > P2PK for larger damage for light and mid weight characters, and heavy (Genfu).

You're definitely a patient player, which is good. But don't be afraid to press a necessary button or buttons when someone approaches your strike range. Jann's got his neutral P (and follow ups), 9P (goes into dragon stance if you land a counter hit if you choose to), 4K, 4P (follow ups), PP4P, neutral K, K4K, 3K, 3K4K, 7K, 1P, and 2K as his keep out tools. You definitely don't need to use P+K in this case either because he's got much better buttons than that (basically what I listed).

Then again, I never made my run up throws/OHs obvious since I would always be in that mid to close range and never far away. But the point is that you want your buttons out there at times within' those ranges to ensure someone knows they cannot simply run up to you. I was making that clear with Marie's PK, K, 3P and 3PK often.

Other than these things, I saw good stuff with the 7K counter hits, good reactions to throw mix ups (you did well avoiding Marie's BT OH), and you caught me with Dragon Gunner at times without making it obvious. You also whiff punished any sloppiness with the 66K, which is good since not a lot of players know when to time their whiff punishing.

Improvements to be made (we all do) but you're on a good path.

Adamleelight

bad games to some of the people in a lobby, cant remember the tags. But one of them was getting salty, apparently people who hit people on the ground to force tech makes you an asshole and a spammer, and I should learn how to play. Lmao
GG

Gurimmjaw

The first thing I want to point out is; Do not use Jann's 33P as a range tool. Not sure if those were intentional or not, but it's not a range tool nonetheless. It's very punishable whether it's blocked or it whiffs. I was a bit lazy on the strike punishment on it since it left you back turned, so I threw it instead every time.

Do note that if a strike or finished string (in general, as in any character) leaves you back turned and is at least -11 (-10 for i9 strikers), you can legitimately be strike punished. Because you have to consider the amount of frames to turn around, as well as that strike or string's recovery (including block stun).

Your use of Jann's 7K is actually very solid. You do know when and how to use it when people are approaching. But you don't optimize the damage on the counter hit, you opt for 6PK as the juggle. When instead, you can do PP6P > PPP6P or PP6P > P2PK for larger damage for light and mid weight characters, and heavy (Genfu).

You're definitely a patient player, which is good. But don't be afraid to press a necessary button or buttons when someone approaches your strike range. Jann's got his neutral P (and follow ups), 9P (goes into dragon stance if you land a counter hit if you choose to), 4K, 4P (follow ups), PP4P, neutral K, K4K, 3K, 3K4K, 7K, 1P, and 2K as his keep out tools. You definitely don't need to use P+K in this case either because he's got much better buttons than that (basically what I listed).

Then again, I never made my run up throws/OHs obvious since I would always be in that mid to close range and never far away. But the point is that you want your buttons out there at times within' those ranges to ensure someone knows they cannot simply run up to you. I was making that clear with Marie's PK, K, 3P and 3PK often.

Other than these things, I saw good stuff with the 7K counter hits, good reactions to throw mix ups (you did well avoiding Marie's BT OH), and you caught me with Dragon Gunner at times without making it obvious. You also whiff punished any sloppiness with the 66K, which is good since not a lot of players know when to time their whiff punishing.

Improvements to be made (we all do) but you're on a good path.

About the 33p, I wasn't trying to use it as a range tool. They were accidental inputs that came out. My intention was for 3P to come out at those times but a 33P came out instead so it left me open for getting attacked whether getting punished by strikes or throw punished.

Im usually a patient player and tried to capitalize on my opponent's mistakes. I won't go and rush in so try to think carefully. I sometimes might go up and try to throw but that is risky for me to do. I'll be sure to use these options when someone approaches my strike range. I usually just use 236P, P+K, and 66K when that happens.

Thanks for the criticism and glad to have you say good things about my play. However yeah there are still improvements that need to made in my play but im doing my best to get better.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
About the 33p, I wasn't trying to use it as a range tool. They were accidental inputs that came out. My intention was for 3P to come out at those times but a 33P came out instead so it left me open for getting attacked whether getting punished by strikes or throw punished.

Im usually a patient player and tried to capitalize on my opponent's mistakes. I won't go and rush in so try to think carefully. I sometimes might go up and try to throw but that is risky for me to do. I'll be sure to use these options when someone approaches my strike range. I usually just use 236P, P+K, and 66K when that happens.

Thanks for the criticism and glad to have you say good things about my play. However yeah there are still improvements that need to made in my play but im doing my best to get better.

Yeah, you are and I can see that. Keep it up and keep going strong. :)

Zeo

Good games to @ZakkuRye, @MASTER and @Shade (Swifteye) over the past week.

Particularly Shade, proving how much I need to work on in the Akira/Ein vs Ayane matchup as well as how much my Akira needs to improve against players with good spacing.

Also considering ZakkuRye is in my state... maybe I should try to set up an offline set. Never had one before. *shrugs*

ZakkuRye

Standard Donor
Good games to @ZakkuRye, @MASTER and @Shade (Swifteye) over the past week.

Particularly Shade, proving how much I need to work on in the Akira/Ein vs Ayane matchup as well as how much my Akira needs to improve against players with good spacing.

Also considering ZakkuRye is in my state... maybe I should try to set up an offline set. Never had one before. *shrugs*

Sounds good to me bro. Would be tight.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD