Halloween Designer Challenge 2015

Squizzo

Okay this is definitely my last entry: Orange Jelly Alpha
2euk9vr.jpg

Kronin

Double post but this is kind of important!

https://twitter.com/TeamNINJAStudio/status/601756626891186177

TN just confirmed they will not exhibit all entries to the public

Thanks for explaining the post, I was just questioning the meaning of the Japanese text.

A true shame that they will not expose them, the only valid reason that I can think is because some people complained online in a rough way the last times, saying as a design chosen was blatantly worst than another specifical one sent to them. Anyway the entries sent through twitter or facebook remain anyway visible to everyone.

By the way they specifically said that they will not expose all the entries or they talk to do it with a part of them (except the winners, of course)?

Kronin

My Mila entry. It's the same concept as my Phase 4 entry ( Halloween Casual ).
milaha10.jpg

A casual outfit with an Halloween theme is definitely an original choice and it can't be said to not fit the guideline xD My compliments for this simple and again unusual idea =)

synce

Thanks for explaining the post, I was just questioning the meaning of the Japanese text.

A true shame that they will not expose them, the only valid reason that I can think is because some people complained online in a rough way the last times, saying as a design chosen was blatantly worst than another specifical one sent to them. Anyway the entries sent through twitter or facebook remain anyway visible to everyone.

By the way they specifically said that they will not expose all the entries or they talk to do it with a part of them (except the winners, of course)?

My Japanese is terrible but as I understand it they'll just post certain designs chosen by their twitter guy, so probably just popular, well drawn ones ;p

Kronin

Just saw this on TNs twitter...
CFnb39EWgAAWXgN.jpg:small

people are still thinking she looks good as a pirate? just because she has an emo skull?

Honestly she looks good to me as a pirate... however I believe that the credit goes even to the artist, I'm pretty sure that he could make great pirate outfits for each character and again they would appear pretty fitting.

More, I think that the success of this design goes also to the parallel of Honoka with the famous piratess of Queen's Blade Lilia: but a big merit to the artist for having decided to create something different that can slighty remind about it, rather than getting the easy way to make a mere copy/paste that would have granted however success to the design.

d25288dcfa1b9caa23c2e448e331fef2.jpg

synce

It's a well designed costume but I'd rather Honoka gets something more unexpected. I'm not the biggest fan of 'typical' Halloween costumes

Kronin

We can be sure that the fanservice will play a big role in Honoka's choice of outfit, and that entry has surely a good amount of it (but in a wise and stilish way, the same preference of covering "shorts" over a skirt say enough about the intention of the author).

But again the originality or the "unexpected" played a large role in many other previous choices of the other contests imo, and the same classic pirate theme was used from TN for already 4 (maybe 5 if someone can explain me Sarah's last Halloween outifit xD) characters. This is part of the reason because I think that this outfit has good chances of victory, but still not the certainty to do it (as all the outfits in the end).

Brute

Standard Donor
My Japanese is terrible but as I understand it they'll just post certain designs chosen by their twitter guy, so probably just popular, well drawn ones ;p
Unless they get pretty fancy with deliberate red herrings, this might be a good indication of what we can expect to see in the pack 5 months early. I suppose that would depend on if they only plan to tweet submissions made via Twitter, or if they'll share certain FB/E-mail ones, as well.

Someone who has/checks Twitter should keep a log of all the ones TN has chosen to share. If nothing else, might be interesting to see how close they align to what we get 5 months from now.

lotr9690

I have a ton of ideas. I am a horrible horrible horrible artist but I will do what I can with the time I have. I definitely plan to give Ein multiple submissions. Mostly, they will be sexualizing lol. Somehow I will have to incorporate bottoms for most of his costumes.

On the flipside, for Helena... I want to ask you guys a question. Shakespeare characters are public domain right? I could potentially send in an original costume design titled "Queen Titania" from Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream because I think Helena would look good in a Queen of the Fairies theme (really Empress Tarot Card looking). Would they not like to have that title even if I credited Shakespeare for the character - because that's the only way she exists. She's not a standard mythological character. But I like the concept.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD