Halloween DLC 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

samuraihachi

Standard Donor
I'll be getting Akira, Jacky, Nyotengu and Rachel's costumes. So far it seems Sarah, Christie and Mila got the worst. Sarah and Mila's costumes just spell all sorts of laziness. And Christie….of all the designs they could of chosen, they chose that one…yeah ok, man. As much as I'm against the recolors/swaps, gotta admit Jacky looks awesome. I like the red mask. Also, Green Hornet FTW!

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Also
aj3YZzqbBRw.jpg

1120.gif

OMG, that lecherous creep! XD I'll have nightmares... x___X

Chapstick

I wonder if they'll do their new pricing on this set or have it a few dollars less like the last halloween set because it was so big. New pricing being # of costumes +$5, so $36 (almost the price of 5U when it came out and more than LR on PS3/360.)

Argentus

Apologies to those whose designs got in, but goddamnit I'm so pissed off at how Leon and mila got pissed on for this pack that I'm not even getting the catalogue, because I don't ever even want to see any of that crap.

It wouldn't even be that bad if team ninja would at least explain themselves with a formal "sorry guys ran out of time had to slap something on the rest", but to release this shit with NO excuse?!

Seriously half the pack is amazing contest submissions, while the other half is lazy ass copy pastes.

Again, this is so bad I could actually appreciate Milas old oumpking outfit, if it were possible to toggle off the hat.

Kronin

@Boogie please don't misunderstand me: I said that the Halloween theme without mask is a little lost, but scythe, golden chains, clessidre, cape and hopefully the pattern on the back are still there. I liked your outfit before the reveal and I still like it now.

Poor Michael Rosen. He's actually the nicest guy ever :(

Who is Michael Rosen?

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Here's my list:

:eliot:6/10 I don't get it yet. Is it a vampire prince or a magician...? (still buy!)

:akira:8/10 Haven't seen all of it...but it looks really elaborate and actually quite beautiful. (still no buy!)

:ayane:5/10 It does indeed look better, than I though it would. :) (no buy!)

For some reason these evaluations crack me up. I love the :) next to no buy! xD

Apologies to those whose designs got in, but goddamnit I'm so pissed off at how Leon and mila got pissed on for this pack that I'm not even getting the catalogue, because I don't ever even want to see any of that crap.
It wouldn't even be that bad if team ninja would at least explain themselves with a formal "sorry guys ran out of time had to slap something on the rest", but to release this shit with NO excuse?!
Seriously half the pack is amazing contest submissions, while the other half is lazy ass copy pastes.
Again, this is so bad I could actually appreciate Milas old oumpking outfit, if it were possible to toggle off the hat.

It is an unfortunate case of budget and time constraints, but it is complete bullshit what they've done to Mila for the second Halloween season now. It's like they have no intention of taking her seriously as a character. She isn't exactly an unpopular character either.

Last edited:

Argentus

For some reason these evaluations crack me up. I love the :) next to no buy! xD

It is an unfortunate case of budget and time constraints, but it is complete bullshit what they've done to Mila for the second Halloween season now. It's like they have no intention of taking her seriously as a character. She isn't exactly an unpopular character either.
To be fair, with the exceptions of sports pack, and arguably the casual dlc, Mila has always gotten screwed over when it comes to dlc costumes. They stopped even trying with her after the Bass costume dlc. Since then its either been generic copy outfits, or innapropriately cute/sexy outfits.

Though I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you could actually toggle off the giant pumpkin hat, '13 Halloween dlc would have actually been pretty cool (the diaper skirt was tolerable at best though...)

That outfit would have absolutely rocked if it had actual shorts or a regular skirt, and you could turn off the hat.

But yes....this year...I don't even want to look at tn's Facebook page for fear I'll rant and rave on their page over this. I would have rather she had gotten nothing instead of this.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
To be fair, with the exceptions of sports pack, and arguably the casual dlc, Mila has always gotten screwed over when it comes to dlc costumes. They stopped even trying with her after the Bass costume dlc. Since then its either been generic copy outfits, or innapropriately cute/sexy outfits.

Though I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you could actually toggle off the giant pumpkin hat, '13 Halloween dlc would have actually been pretty cool (the diaper skirt was tolerable at best though...)

That outfit would have absolutely rocked if it had actual shorts or a regular skirt, and you could turn off the hat.

But yes....this year...I don't even want to look at tn's Facebook page for fear I'll rant and rave on their page over this. I would have rather she had gotten nothing instead of this.

Rant anyway. Well, ok... don't blow up their message box, but let them know that you're not content with their treatment of Mila. It's also pretty bad that majority of her costumes don't even seem to suit her personality anymore like her on-disc costumes (Her costume added in 5U is awesome).

Argentus

Rant anyway. Well, ok... don't blow up their message box, but let them know that you're not content with their treatment of Mila. It's also pretty bad that majority of her costumes don't even seem to suit her personality anymore like her on-disc costumes (Her costume added in 5U is awesome).
I don't think they even read their Facebook wall anymore, let alone ever respond to anything so it'd just feel like yelling at a wall anyway is the problem.

Tenryuga

Definitely buying Momiji's and Ein's. I like Kokoro's as well. I disliked Hitomi's because they could have put in mafia outfit hitomi or military outfit hitomi but I'll buy hers too; It's aight. Original concept made it look trashy as fuck.

werewolfgold

I don't think they even read their Facebook wall anymore, let alone ever respond to anything so it'd just feel like yelling at a wall anyway is the problem.
They actually do. Someone was recently complaining about how disrespectful it was to use someone's designed costume for a character that it wasn't designed for (Kokoro --> Helena, Kasumi --> Rachel for example). Especially, when it shuts out everyone else that designed costumes for the character that got the borrowed costume. The guy responded, but keep in mind that it's the community manager running the page and he makes it clear that he doesn't know a lot about the inner workings of the selection process. You can look for yourself.

Darkton93

...really? Really?

Not the costumes, you guys. You're getting one of the best packs from a design standpoint, a pack that has costumes for more than just the popular girls, most of them being fan-voted ones, and all you can think about it "WHAAA EGYPTIAN CHRISTIE WHAAA COPY PASTE WHAAA LEON AND MILA GET SHAFTED"? To the point where you'll not buy the whole pack for just a few bad costumes?

That's what I call Community Strike One. I think I need to find a new DOA forum.

Enjoy your 10,000 new bikinis and fetish outfits. After all, you won't buy this, and if TN can't make money from actual effort, why not just go with something sure to get money?

David Gregg

To the point where you'll not buy the whole pack for just a few bad costumes?

I don't think anyone is saying they won't buy the pack (on the contrary, this is one of the few packs where most of us will get it) however we were just pointing out some characters didn't get equal treatment. If you're a Bass player you're probably ecstatic right now as that's a bad@ss fan-made outfit but if you're a Mila player and you just learned that she got a hand-me-down from Momiji's last year outfit (which it still looked stupid back then) you're probably frustrated.

Pink Nitro

It's not that bad, in my opinion. I personally think, even though Leon had a butt load of other cool costumes, the werewolf looked good on him. As for Lisa I was honestly hoping she'd get Tina's even if it's just a recolor, I wasn't disappointed.
Although, Sarah's and Mila's were on the sketchy side. I still wouldn't complain because at this point anything is good, plus the costumes really aren't that bad.

Chapstick

...really? Really?

Not the costumes, you guys. You're getting one of the best packs from a design standpoint, a pack that has costumes for more than just the popular girls, most of them being fan-voted ones, and all you can think about it "WHAAA EGYPTIAN CHRISTIE WHAAA COPY PASTE WHAAA LEON AND MILA GET SHAFTED"? To the point where you'll not buy the whole pack for just a few bad costumes?

That's what I call Community Strike One. I think I need to find a new DOA forum.

Enjoy your 10,000 new bikinis and fetish outfits. After all, you won't buy this, and if TN can't make money from actual effort, why not just go with something sure to get money?
Not this strike stuff again

I think Mila players have good reason to be pissed and it's insulting to the people that submitted entries for her. Seeing these teasers for contest outfits and then crossing their fingers hoping their design will be the one that gets picked just to find out she just had Momiji's terrible mummy copy and pasted onto her. I would be furious tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD