Halloween DLC 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

KwonJigglypuff

@KwonJigglypuff

In the past I questioned Leifang2000 about some info on the previous contests and he/she said me that, if he remember this outfit for Helena get his origin in a fan design thought for Leifang.

HelenaDOAUC9.jpg

Oh really ? Need a source here. Interesting. @Leifang2000

Kronin

Oh really ? Need a source here. Interesting.

It will be hard, he/she said me that the original fan designs could be found on the old Team NINJA site and in a Doa fanclub site where TN posted the fan arts from the fans that received and accepted throghout the year. The latter was closed, not sure about the fate of the first but very likely it got the same end. Anyway Leifang2000 said me to be sure to have saved the fanart of Leifang that we are talking about, only that is lost in his/her huge DOA folder XD

PS: At this point I'm not more sure if the outfits from DoA4 were selected from a contest or if instead were just fanarts chosen randomly. On FB few days ago TN said that this was the first time that the "Team" hold a contest for the outfits: in a first time I thought that they were talking of the new Team NINJA post Itagaki, but maybe they were really talking in absolute.

Kronin

Oh my! Thanks so much for these pages, I have never seen the DoA2U's ones before! Did you get them from DOATEC.COM? (that I imagine now is closed...)

I knew about Helena's yellowblack outfit, Leifang's panda outfit, and Ein's super outfit (that I knew to be the one of a vampire, with sunglasses and maybe vampire teeth in the original fan art... but damn, they had to keep the red inner side XD), but I didn't know about Leifang's white phoenix (a shame that was restyled), Tina's one and Bankotsubo DoA2U C3 (so there are fans even for him in Japan! XD).

Thanks also for the scans from DoA4, I already knew them but these are of an higher quality compared to the ones usually posted.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
These costumes (not a big fan of Tina's though) are really great designs. :) I wouldn't have guessed, they were fan designs. Also, look at how well the DOA4 characters and costumes were modeled...and look at the details of Ein's arms or Zack's chest. O . o There was definitely some graphical downgrade happening with the polygon models from DOA4 to DOA5. :(

Sadly, we probably won't see such nice article's about the new fanmade costumes, as TN didn't ask anyone for print quality pictures of their designs. They are all small and in Pixelbook quality. :(

Last edited:

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
These costumes (not a big fan of Tina's though) are really great designs. :) I wouldn't have guessed, they were fan designs. Also, look at how well the DOA4 characters and costumes were modeled...and look at the details of Ein's arms or Zack's chest. O . o There was definitely some graphical downgrade happening with the polygon models from DOA4 to DOA5. :(

Not really. DOA5's character models still look much better than DOA4's character models (the floor textures on the other hand...). DOA4's graphics just look more vibrant because they specially produced with the 360's strengths in mind (DOA4 was exclusive to the 360). In terms of sheer detail, DOA5's character models look better. I do prefer DOA4's environmental designs though.

WisperG

A Zero Suit Samus costume for Sarah....not only is it asking for Nintendo rights but Sarah is from VF. Isn't that like a Sega+Nintendo+TN sitting on a table long speech?
It's also asking for a Wii U version. They would never release a Nintendo costume on PS360.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Not really. DOA5's character models still look much better than DOA4's character models (the floor textures on the other hand...). DOA4's graphics just look more vibrant because they specially produced with the 360's strengths in mind (DOA4 was exclusive to the 360). In terms of sheer detail, DOA5's character models look better. I do prefer DOA4's environmental designs though.
The characters have never looked better, imo. I'm glad that DOA took the more realistic approach with DOA5 instead of the anime doll look that the games were known from from DOA2-4. Even though DOA5 is being ported to PS4/XB1, I can't wait to see what DOA6 looks like.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
In terms of sheer detail, DOA5's character models look better.

The character model's bodies (that's what I was talking about) where comprised of more polygons and details in DOA4 and DOAX2. The girl's too, but especially the guys had actually highly detailed bodies modeled with actual polygons. DOA5 skimps on polygon detail, but adds normal mapping and different shaders as textures, that let the bodies look good from afar (during a fight) but on closer inspection, they are completely flat.

Remember the muscle strands and veins on Jann Lee's arms?

5-12.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Gone in DOA5. Also almost all the guys got the exact same body now. Just a little slimmer or bulkier.

I'm glad that DOA took the more realistic approach with DOA5 instead of the anime doll look that the games were known from from DOA2-4.
I was not talking about the graphical style. I too think, the more realistic style suits DOA5 better. DOA4's anime doll style just wasn't right. Characters and environment visually clashed.

Last edited:

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
The characters have never looked better, imo. I'm glad that DOA took the more realistic approach with DOA5 instead of the anime doll look that the games were known from from DOA2-4. Even though DOA5 is being ported to PS4/XB1, I can't wait to see what DOA6 looks like.

I agree. DOA4's character models look awful by todays standards now. DOA5U models look gorgeous in comparison.

@Tyaren I actually prefer how Jann Lee looks in the second pic lol. But those DOA4 veins were pretty epic.

Lady Tengu

Off topic but I've seen a Lisa do her great outro multiple times in a row but she never got a single great on me how does that happen. x3

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
So I just saw the costumes today. I'm salty as all hell that they gave Mila a swap.

Nothing wrong about that. That's my biggest reason about TN (Towards Mila outfit that she has now for Halloween). Either copy and paste or rehashing bikinis. Like Momiji's for example, I still don't know how that's a Yaiba style bikini when Kokoro has the same style with the subliminal hands on her breasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD