DOA5U Hayabusa Combo Guide 1.04 by Queen Jakheiho & Ballr4evr

QueenJakheiho

In cooperation with my friend Ballr4evr we have made the first complete Ryu Hayabusa Combo Guide for DOA5U (ver. 1.04). This guide shows tons of BnB Combos(Beginner to Expert), new Bound Combos, Wall + Wall bound combos, Critical Burst Combos, useful pseudo force techs, Throw and Hold Combos and of course a lot of Izunas. As a highlight: over 5 minutes of Dangerzone Combos.

I wanna say I am proud of this young man; he was starting playing DOA for about 1 year and becomes one of the best Ryu Hayabusa players out there. He is like me: obsessed to getting better and never giving up.

Last edited:

Awesmic

Standard Donor
It's a good video, but I suggest redoing it with the move details on screen as Master did for the complete combo guide in the previous game.

QueenJakheiho

Well i hate the ugly fight screen info and i prefer to show the move list on the right/left side. And redoing it with the Fight screen info would be another countless amount of work for me and Ballr.

Last edited:

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Well i hate the ugly fight screen info and i prefer to show the move list on the right/left side. And redoing it with the Fight screen info would be another countless amount of work for me and Ballr, sry no thanx.
As "ugly" as the fight screen info looks to you, it's informative to others, which is the purpose of your making this combo guide, to inform others. Knowing how much damage each combo does (as well as the critical level in each stun) helps for most people who desire something more in-depth with situational combos, which most of them are. This is why you see them on most other combo videos (notably Emperor Cow's, whose videos have been the most consistent and improving since DOA5 in its beta stages). Heck, some competitive players would kill to have a move detail screen for their game in this day and age (Tekken, Soul Calibur, Marvel, Street Fighter, etc).

Also, understand that you asked for feedback, and I made an honest suggestion in the least offensive way I could, giving you the benefit of a doubt you wouldn't take the criticism the wrong way. If you don't want to do the video over, that's fine. I'm not forcing you to, nor was it my intent. I'm also aware you put some hard work into it, and I respect that too, hence why I liked the video to begin with. I simply made a suggestion and followed up on why I brought it up with this post after your response in the hopes you may absorb this tip in a positive way and do so in the future, nothing more.

If I didn't care about your videos, I wouldn't be saying the things I'm saying now. I want to see your videos improve. I want them to be better. I want there to be as little room as possible for people to say your combo vids are flawed or not very informative. I want people to say, "Hey that's one of QJ's vids! He knows what he's talking about! He knows what's guaranteed and what requires a guess for each setup! I'm subbing this guy!". So please don't be offended by my suggestions, knowing we're cool. I'm here to help, not harm.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Move details are nice but mar videos in my opinion. If I need to check advantage, timing windows, or something else, I can always boot up my own copy. Everyone has their own preference though, as they should.

Excellent video.

QueenJakheiho

@Awesmic

I try to find a balance of entertainment & information. In my opinion showing the movelist on the side is more useful especially for new player as the big black fight screen.

QueenJakheiho

Thanx, i was sitting yesterday night 3-4 hours to find a mix for the music. I was sure i put Unmasked Hero following by The Shooted.
First i had Standing Tall as last track then She meanwhile i put Arachnoid in the mid after Shooted then i saw 3 combos i put twice in lol thats why is to hear the fade out of the songs but i wanted not remove some material.
After all i think Hero Shooted Ninja Gaiden 1 Main Theme Fighting Soul Remix and Sense of Mission are the perfect tracks in this order for that video.

Last edited:

Edmund

Thanks for doing the video without the fight screen, QJ. I really hate that and as a new player it turns me off whenever I see a guide/combo video with that big screen.

For me though, Emperor Cow's method of showing the combo transcript and damage is the best method. Clear and unobtrusive.

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

Awesome video, you actually showed actual Izunas when doing Izuna combos lol since technically the throw itself is a combo haha. Pretty in depth almost as in depth as MASTER's good work.

My only gripe is that you used probably THE WORST rendition of The Shooted ever :( the Dimensions mix just sounds like a big horrible mess compared to the original kinda like a bad cover lol xD

QueenJakheiho

@Edmund

Thanx for your feedback. I think about to add the inputs for the future in the description. I talk with Ballr to collect all inputs in that video to add it in a few days.

@Grunt

Haha, i like both versions very much, i used the dimensions mix cause i used the original version for another video before. xD

jjinkou2

For me though, Emperor Cow's method of showing the combo transcript and damage is the best method. Clear and unobtrusive.

I agree with edmund here. Emperor made the right choice imho.
btw, great vid and thanks for the amount of work it represents

TakedaZX

Hope this doesn't offend. I agree with Awesmic.

I see this as more of a combo [video] than a combo guide. It lacks the mandatory info and deep organization to be classified as a [guide]. The combos and editing aren't lacking which is why it's a very solid combo video that I could point people to to see what Ryu is capable of for flash and damage... problem is, it's not really specific on which ones are more damaging and optimal than the others.

Good job to you both.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD