Hayabusa's Omni-Stance

TakedaZX

Somebody said Hayate's 4F+K was only negative 5. Doesn't it have crush frames as well?

We are thinking of string mixups in different ways. I think of moves like Hayate's 2KK, 9PP, 66P, 8P7K, 3F+KKP.
The follow up makes the move safer. Some of those pokes are even safe, like 9P. Since you could delay most of those they had to think twice. Creating false presure and what not. Even in Doa 4 Ryu didn't have much string pressure, but he didn't need it. He needs his 1k stun back lol.

Hayate did have some low_mid mixup strings but the lows are kinda slow. Still, imo 66p 2k_P and 1P P_2K were good and had there uses. Ryu has to take a gamble to even throw out a poke when he has frame advantage. Hayate never had that problem.

I agree with you 100 percent that Hayate is mid heavy, Ryu is not mid heavy at all. Ryu has very high unsafe mids for the most part. That was the main reason that Helena was better then him imo. He could have frame advantage on her and his mids would still miss (He still has this problem, it actually seems worse tbh). I always joke around screaming I HAVE NO MIDS whenever I use him. Hahaha. When I played my Helena main friends I had to use Hayate as a counter pick.

His guard break game is not half of what it is cracked up to be imo. 3F+K Might as well be neutral. F+KKK is negative 6 or something so not very good. 66K has hitbox issues and even if you get them to block it his options are not scary at all. I mean you can even fuzzy guard everything if you wanted to. 4PK is pretty good if you don't abuse it. 6KP loses to too many random attacks imo but sometimes you can sneak it in. The way I see it what does he have that is even scary with that much advantage? Nothing really. Just keep an eye out for the Izuna. If you option select him he falls apart. Never give him a chance to go for the big damage he wants.

Not having any real string pressure to go for has been on my mind for a while now. Your post kinda just reminded me of it. This wasn't really directed at you as much as just a rant I guess lol, sorry. Feel free to disagree, we all can't think the same. Not angry just all bleh when I go over him in my head. Perhaps I give myself too much credit and have grown to be jaded.

I'm not a Doa Doctor, but I play one on TV.
Yea, 4F+K was pretty damn good. Hayabusa does lack a move as good. I mean he does have Ninpo PP_BT P+KP(but look how much work that already is.)That move puts him at back turned and -5 meaning he can back dash to safety, or throw a few different back turned moves. You also have option to spam it, if you free cancel it manually or with actually pressing free. Also for his mids, yeah they're unsafe but pulling out 4pp is a nice change up that they added. It's -5 as opposed to the mid punch and low punch counter parts that get worse as they go down(mid p -10, low p - 15, so the low p might as well be 2f+k since it's low grab punishable). You might need to buffer a throw break if you're playing a competent player though.

With string pressure, I see what you mean now. Unfortunately I'd have to disagree about 66P though. With higher leveled players the options are dwindled to low hold(or duck), and mid punch hold or block, which if you're seasoned against Hayate, won't be a problem. If 66PK was a Mid mid, it'd be better but as a mid high, it makes it tough. I still don't mind because I get the move to land all the time when I play as Hayate. 8k is my main mid kick launcher, with 33k, and 9k right behind.

3H+K was especially good in 4 cause you could delay each follow up. Hayabusa lacks in that area but the move has and the same movement that low crushes. It's got its perks which is why I compare them. Nothings guaranteed off of it but you can just keep going with it.

Scenario: Come in with 3H+K(+2), then move to 4PK(+9), then throw out a 66k(+6 and ninpo stance). 2kp and pp2kp are nice if you're just pressuring an opponent. This one is seeable for miles so sometimes you'll just have to let go a bit early. I think 6kp is still good, yea it's interrupt prone, but everything has been really nerfed crush wise, like eliot's 3P+K. if you forsee your opponent trying to interrupt there's always 6kk though. His ninpo guard breaks are really useless, though ninpo 8k ain't too bad. It's not pressure but it's only -4. Also 214p and WR KP put him at +2. That's not guard break pressure but for a sit down stun like that to give advantage is a nice thing, and last but not least I mean... come on... 4P+K is excellent whiff punishment material, and most of all, it usually hits if the person is too slow trying to mid punch hold. If they smarten up and block it, it's +23 fully charged so that means a free launch or begin on mixups. 3P+K, 6P+K, 8k, and 66k, 4k, are nice options, but you can get just about anything in his arsenal besides the izuna attack throw.

Hayate lacked any form of guard break pressure in DOA4. I'm compelled to say he had no more than one or two Now he's got like... 3, but he can get to that one elbow guard break from multiple strings and get it raw two different ways, one being a nice for baiting whiffs. Too bad they're only +1 which turns him into Kasumi for like one move...(hope you guys get that), but you'll probably want it to connect rather than be blocked.

But yea, checking the numbers again now, I was getting away with murder as Hayabusa earlier today. Up close he's no where near what he use to be without his 8k and i guess his old properties. But I mean come on, Hayate took a fall too. I don't think they should have, I agree that ninja's should beat grapplers, and though I do believe in game balance, I think it was a bad idea to put the grapplers above the ninja's by this big of a margin. I've still gotta work on figuring out Tina's 6pk into her air throw, then guaranteed ground grab. That's free damage, and its the same for any move from Bayman that slams you too the ground.There's no slow escaping or tech rolling any of that.

I know he's different but I think you can really apply some principles from Hayate play in 4 to him, he just lacks the moves like 66p.

Brute

Standard Donor
There are two new moves (as in moves I've largely neglected to use in the right way) in particular I'm thinking may be very useful for Ryu's pressure game, but I don't want to throw them out there until I get a chance to test them for myself.

PS: What's the "omni" stand for anyway. Omniscient? Omnipotent? I mean, I know Hayabusa's a badass, but I didn't know he was that badass.

Chaos

Im pretty sad that Hayabusa no long has his :2::3::6::K: from DOA4/DOAD. :( It doesnt make sense to be removed because it was very useful since it had amazing range, very good for whiff punishment & the start up is 10 frames? I think, but now its gone.......forever...stupid TN. :(

Brute

Standard Donor
Im pretty sad that Hayabusa no long has his :2::3::6::K: from DOA4/DOAD. :( It doesnt make sense to be removed because it was very useful since it had amazing range, very good for whiff punishment & the start up is 10 frames? I think, but now its gone.......forever...stupid TN. :(
Never played Dimensions. Is this move entirely removed or does it simply require a new input? Except for the low frames, it sounds a bit like 66K, 33K or ongyoin 6K.

Chaos

Never played Dimensions. Is this move entirely removed or does it simply require a new input? Except for the low frames, it sounds a bit like 66K, 33K or ongyoin 6K.
The move is entirely remove sadly & its kind of difficult to describe how it looks. o_O

TakedaZX

The move is entirely remove sadly & its kind of difficult to describe how it looks. :confused:
Yea it's the follow up to 3kk but it was a nice move to have to throw out raw. Maybe they'll toss it back in if we ask nicely.

Chaos

Yea it's the follow up to 3kk but it was a nice move to have to throw out raw. Maybe they'll toss it back in if we ask nicely.
I miss the old lighting fast Hayabusa, :( but the new Hayabusa have way better combo strings & better tools. :)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD