Hayate in DOA5U

Pokerking87

I was today in Training with Hayate and i must say this poor guy is more unsafe then he was in Vanilla. So much
-10 ~ -15 moves with disadvantage and that teleport it seems useless same with the 44k/44kk.
That H+K turnaround stun looks nice but all easily slow escapable after the move.

Last edited:

Aven Kujo-Gin

With the addition of the walk around stun of H+K, I think he is buffed in that department. Anyway, it's just +7 so it's useless unless you input the whole command(H+KK)

Zeo

So.... he's actually worse than Vanilla Hayate... is that what I'm hearing?

Welp, on to Momiji. Sorry Hayate you've been replaced.

Pokerking87

His Guard Breaks gives more advantage now (6p+kp +7) but 90% of his moves -8 ~ -31(7k...)
When you play vs a Ayane Turtler and that guy knows Hayates unsafe shitness how could you win?

Found somebody a good Power Launcher Combo, so far his Powerblow makes more damage!

Zeo

6P+KP always gave +7 so that's not even a buff. He's still better than Eliot but it's not looking so great for this guy. Confirmed to still be the worst ninja looks like.

DontForkWitMe

6P+KP always gave +7 so that's not even a buff. He's still better than Eliot but it's not looking so great for this guy. Confirmed to still be the worst ninja looks like.

damn you know a character is fucked when THAT is their only saving grace

so it seems every vanilla 5 character is worse in ultimate except alpha from what i've been hearing. time to change yo mains every one!

MasterHavik

damn you know a character is fucked when THAT is their only saving grace

so it seems every vanilla 5 character is worse in ultimate except alpha from what i've been hearing. time to change yo mains every one!
Well Zack has gotten better too.:p
He has nice costumes..if that means anything. Did his sitdown stuns get better Zeo?

Zeo

Well Zack has gotten better too.:p
He has nice costumes..if that means anything. Did his sitdown stuns get better Zeo?
I haven't got the game yet. From what I've been told, P+K no longer causes a sit down stun but a bound so it's been nerfed if done from a sidestep.

3PP still guarantee's 33K but his juggles do less damage now. His only other sit down was situational and useless. So yeah, nerfed.

Zeo

Apparently not. Still have Ein and Akira even if both of them were kind of nerfed too, not nearly as bad as Hayate though, who wasn't great to begin with.

Dr. Claw

Oh well. At least it seems like you can actually DO the Raijin in this game. Like DOA4 levels (except there's no asinine 360 to start it off). In Vanilla, I thought that I had some sort of timing with it, now, it works like Bass's multis do for me.

Sucks that for all his new features he's basically a jobber.

Jin Masters

I haven't got the game yet. From what I've been told, P+K no longer causes a sit down stun but a bound so it's been nerfed if done from a sidestep.

3PP still guarantee's 33K but his juggles do less damage now. His only other sit down was situational and useless. So yeah, nerfed.

3pp doesn't guarantee any launcher anymore...
8p doesn't launch as high anymore
4kk is safe and gives a bound on hit
P+k and SS P gives a bound with a guaranteed 33pp, 33kk
Baiting out wake ups with his tele leads to a guaranteed back combo: 3k, 3pp, 4p 6p+k k, pp6pk
Max dmg power launcher combo that does more than a power blow is: 44k, 33pp, pp6pk
ALL HIS FORCE/PSUEDO TECHS ARE GONE
236T, 7k does do 70ish dmg anymore... No longer a close hit
1p only gives +11 in stun...
3f+k gives can't combo into anything other than the rest of the string
His stun game did get needed but he still has the best movement and space control in the game... Use it to your advantage

Zeo

Holy crap...

3pp doesn't guarantee any launcher anymore...

...What... WHAT?! His best... literally his best guaranteed damage situation was 3PP > 3KK into a juggle... they successfully removed his best stun tool. Simply amazing, worst nerf by far. GG TN.

8p doesn't launch as high anymore
Even if few people used this launcher, still pointless to nerf it.

4kk is safe and gives a bound on hit
Yeah it was already safe, bound is okay but you probably only get 7K off of it as he's BT.

P+k and SS P gives a bound with a guaranteed 33pp, 33kk
Nerf, he got more off of the sit down he originally got off of it. You might be able to use it in stun but you might as well just use a mid punch launcher and get the same or better results.

Another great guaranteed damage situation, nerfed.

Baiting out wake ups with his tele leads to a guaranteed back combo: 3k, 3pp, 4p 6p+k k, pp6pk

That's nice, he can finally deal with wake up kicks but I hear the recovery on the teleport is horrible.

Max dmg power launcher combo that does more than a power blow is: 44k, 33pp, pp6pk

Pretty much everyone has PL combos that can outdo powerblows, so doesn't count as a buff.

236T, 7k does do 70ish dmg anymore... No longer a close hit

We all knew this was coming. Still, with nerfs to mostly all of his other few good tools, this is going to be a lot more sizable of a nerf than it should have been.

ALL HIS FORCE/PSUEDO TECHS ARE GONE

This is mostly universal, still hurts him a LOT though particularly his wall game, so yes crazy nerf.

1p only gives +11 in stun...

...What? It didn't have the biggest stun before but I'm sure it gave more than that... pointless nerf again.

3f+k gives can't combo into anything other than the rest of the string
You could do 1P, 6P, 3K... you can't do any of that now? The move was already craploads of unsafe and has an even worse payoff now? Awesome.

His stun game did get needed but he still has the best movement and space control in the game... Use it to your advantage
Ayane has better movement space control and Ein's is on par with Hayate.

Looks like they all but killed him. I also heard his launch height and non threshold damage was nerfed as well as overall damage. Combine that with the loss of both his guaranteed damage situations, 7F high damage throw and gross unsafety and you've got yourself a character that's even worse than he was before when he wasn't that great to begin with. All for a teleport... not worth it imo.

Need to get this game and see all this for myself but it looks like the wind won't be blowing any longer.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD