Helena and Lisa face-off in two rounds on new stage DEPTH

Team NINJA and Yohei Shimbori have released two matches of newly announced Helena Douglas against Lisa Hamilton. Helena is the CEO of DOATEC with Lisa being one of the chief scientists for the DOATEC's research and development division. Seems strange that Lisa seems to use the same fighting style as La Mariposa. Perhaps they know each other?

Below I've posted the two matches along with all of the screen shots released by Tecmo-Koei today. Enjoy

Yohei Shimbori said:
Lisa's tricky moves set her apart. She doesn't simply come straight at you, so if you're not used to her actions, you have no idea what to expect. She also has a lot of strikes with long reach, making her good at mid-range offense, but now she has moves that come from runs and runs that comes from other moves, so she is way more active this time around. Of course you can launch attacks straight from the run, but you can also do things like stop in the middle of the run, trying to bring out a sidestep or hold from your opponent, and then follow up the attack. Her real strength shines when used by a player who is good with this kind of psychological game or has good fighting technique.

Yohei Shimbori said:
Helena is an extremely technical character. We're trying to balance her to please the technical fighters who can appreciate the skill it takes to bring out the "real Helena." First off, we got rid of simple moves like PP2KP, changing her style to one focused on mastering a rich variety of moves. From there, we removed crouching status from P+K because I wanted to make her style more about evading highs by using Bokuho stance. And by working on the moves from Bokuho and from her back-turned stance and making a faster transition from Bokuho to back-turned stance, you will really see a difference in her strength between players who just pick her up and players who train hard with her. I also took another look at Pi Gua Quan itself, and sprinkled a few special moves from that style into her repetoire. She's really strong.

DEPTH

Helena vs La Mariposa

Cinematics

I can guess what stage we're going to see Alpha on now. Teehee~
Lisa is looking absolutely amazing right now. She seems so much faster than in DOA4.

Yeah, Helena at least still looks like Helena. That's all I care about. Though I have to admit, her Power Blow looks really boring.

Wait a minute so are Lisa and La Mariposa actually two different characters on the selection screen or is that just an alternate costume that when you pick it her name changes to Lisa? If it's two different characters that doesn't make any sense to me.

It's not like Ein/Hayate where they both had completely different fighting styles. Unless there is a difference in frame data that we don't know about, Lisa/La Mariposa is the same character with the exact sames moves...

Mask on, she is La Mariposa, the Luchadora. Mask off, her real identity is known, and so she's called Lisa. It is a matter of outfits that changes the name.

Wait a minute so are Lisa and La Mariposa actually two different characters on the selection screen or is that just an alternate costume that when you pick it her name changes to Lisa? If it's two different characters that doesn't make any sense to me.

It's not like Ein/Hayate where they both had completely different fighting styles. Unless there is a difference in frame data that we don't know about, Lisa/La Mariposa is the same character with the exact sames moves...
No, they're just throwing a joke around. I'm positive it'll be like DOA4, when you pick one of her costumes her name changes to Lisa. Though it seems with this outfit, not only does that happen but she gets an entirely new voice set to show off her real identity.

No, they're just throwing a joke around. I'm positive it'll be like DOA4, when you pick one of her costumes her name changes to Lisa. Though it seems with this outfit, not only does that happen but she gets an entirely new voice set to show off her real identity.
Wow look at me not even notice the voice change until you said something. But that's good to know. Looks like I lost all sense of humor. Damn you Team Ninja!

What a tease. I've been wanting to see Lisa's powerblow forever, anybody know where it might be on youtube?. Helena plays great. Can't wait to get my hands on her.

She kinda irritates me as La Mariposa but man she's awesome as Lisa. If by any abysmally low chance I use her I know exactly what outfits I'll be picking.

Helena looks decent, course it's only 2 videos to go off of but she doesn't really look "bottom" tier. Stage looks great but is that all there is to it? Falling > Break a pillar > Falling faster. Is there another tier by breaking another pillar or what? I want to know more.

She kinda irritates me as La Mariposa but man she's awesome as Lisa. If by any abysmally low chance I use her I know exactly what outfits I'll be picking.

Helena looks decent, course it's only 2 videos to go off of but she doesn't really look "bottom" tier. Stage looks great but is that all there is to it? Falling > Break a pillar > Falling faster. Is there another tier by breaking another pillar or what? I want to know more.

Looks like that's all it does. Smashing into a pillar just makes the elevator lose control and fall faster.

Spiral, that stage only showed up in the original DOA2, it's one of my favorite stages and... once again I'd rather have seen that.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD