Helena opening move help.

Doug Nguyen

Absolutely. I think guaranteeing the force tech in some situations and giving her 236p+k and string enders +2 or so on block would actually probably do the job though. If she can keep up force tech pressure and she can get into BKO at advantage that makes her other options being unsafe a little more justified. Right now I can assure you the grapplers do force tech miles better than anything Helena's got.

Have people tried 236p+k off juggles, just out of interest? I suspect it might be a decent pseudo force tech but I haven't tried it. I do think the 1k BKO 6p has some serious potential though, particularly since you can then start using the p followup to guard break or interrupt after the tech if you don't cancel to BKO. Don't know if going to backturned gives you anything of note. Also, it seems like 1ppk may be a guaranteed force tech in some situations? I can only get it to reliably work after a raw 9k. If anyone has any information on that I'd appreciate it.
I think im reading your comment wrong but could 236P+K even come out fast enough to force tech?

shinryu

No, you're reading it right. My thought is that if you start it while they're in the air an active frame should hit when they hit the ground but it might still be techable though. Just wondered if that had been played with at all.

Doug Nguyen

No, you're reading it right. My thought is that if you start it while they're in the air an active frame should hit when they hit the ground but it might still be techable though. Just wondered if that had been played with at all.
Oh ok. Maybe. I think if its timed right it might work. But BKO PP2K works great when timed correctly. But your sacrificing damage from a force tech. I still just prefer Pseudo force techs, they give the same results. And it gives me more time to plan my next attack and BKO 6P has really fast recovery.

Omegan Eckhart

236P+K is useless against airborne opponents. Even when used right after a CB launch it only hits once, and that once is whilst they are high up. It looks weird and is totally useless. Sorry dude.

shinryu

236P+K is useless against airborne opponents. Even when used right after a CB launch it only hits once, and that once is whilst they are high up. It looks weird and is totally useless. Sorry dude.

So it won't hit them on the ground? What I'm thinking it's it's timed to catch them as they land like after 33p4p sort of. If it doesn't work not a big deal. Just a thought.

Justice

I have had some success with 4P and 1P starters in tournaments. Fast and people for some strange reason expect mids from Helena......

FatalxInnocence

33P is my favorite starting move, it crushes highes, stuns on normal and has a delayable follow up P that launches for a combo.

This! 33P is an amazing opening attack I believe, just be careful lol people on my list have been opening with mid punch counters because of it when I'm her lol -_-

DR2K

Bko 6p, crushes highs and is just as fast as her jab. Plus you have access to BKO throw at the start of the round.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD