Characters Helena unholdables

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Since there is no unholdable thread for the Queen of DOA, I thought I'd do the honors and make one. Feel free to post any unholdable situations that you find here.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor

Sorry to bother you, but might I ask how unholdables work?

Basically you force tech someone off the ground and they are stuck in the tech roll animation while you recover from the attack that forced them up.

If you perform an attack that has its first active frame land on the opponent's first frame after the tech roll animation, you're opponent cannot hold or side step it even if they were mashing the notation to do so. It will count as a normal hit.

So you want to find moves after your force tech your opponent that have their first active frame put them in a normal hit stun, guard break, and/or are safe on guard. The only thing the opponent is able to do is guard it. They can be mashing a crushing attack that will go under highs, which is why you want to favor finding mids.

E-Mann

My list of unholdables mainly come from her BKO throw and ONLY if the opponent techs up right away.

After the BKO
1. 4ppk, 9k, h+k is unholdable.
2. 4ppk, 9k, BKO 6p+k is unholdable
3. 4ppk, 33p4p, p, 3p is unholdable
4. 4ppk, 33p4p, p, 33p is unholdable.
5. 4ppk, 33p4p, 6kk(second k is unholdable).
Numbers 3 to 5 are light and mid weights only.
As for the heavyweights the 3p, 33p, and 6kk are still unholdable but instead of doing the above combos you do BKO throw then 2kk, 33p4p, p and then 3p, 33p, and 6kk will be unholdable. Make sense? @_@

Last edited:

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I found one for her Power Launcher. The problem is it sucks, because it only works on normal hit (and not counter or hi-counter hit as well) and it's unsafe.

:P+K::P: > :4::4::[[p+k]]:

Note: You must input :4::4::[[p+k]]: immediately after inputting :P:.

My list of unholdables mainly come from her BKO throw and ONLY if the opponent techs up right away.

After the BKO
As for the heavyweights the 3p, 33p, and 6kk are still unholdable but instead of doing the above combos you do BKO throw then 2kk, 33p4p, p and then 3p, 33p, and 6kk will be unholdable. Make sense? @_@
During the throw??

After the BKO
During the throw @E-Mann

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD