High risk/reward character recommendation

franman

So I've been asking this question around for quite some time and suprirsingly no one bothered to answer my question.

Hopefully this topic won't get ignored. I'm looking for a character with a lot of risk/reward more like a gamble type of character that has high damage potential but at the same time puts himself/herself at risk when blocked.

And if anyone plays Soul Calibur 5, the pirate character Cervantes fits that bill. Anyone can recommend me a DOA character like SC5 Cervantes.

DR2K

High risk/high reward? Kind of difficult since the engine itself is designed around that concept.

Helena- High risk: predictable mids, most unsafe strings in the game, High reward: her stun game/bko throw almost makes up for it.

Bass: Incredibly slow, but one right guess = opponents lifebar. High damage throws, pickups, and guard breaks all day every day.

TheTHCGamer

High risk/high reward? Kind of difficult since the engine itself is designed around that concept.

Helena- High risk: predictable mids, most unsafe strings in the game, High reward: her stun game/bko throw almost makes up for it.

Bass: Incredibly slow, but one right guess = opponents lifebar. High damage throws, pickups, and guard breaks all day every day.
Im also going to have to go with Bass thats the first character that came to mind.

TRI Mike

Nothing from Hele makes up for the high-risk. I was using Jann Lee and Gen Fu last night and my foe's life bar went down extremely fast. With Hele I need like 4 complete combos to kill them.

Sora

Seconded on Helena. She's averaging around 3-4 combos to kill. With Jann Lee its 2-3.

... I still like the challenge with her so far though. :)

Ghosty-J

Akira Yuki, solely for how technical he is. His attacks are mostly comprised of mids and lacks a robust mixup game in comparison to the rest of the cast. But the right moves can give him incredible potential for damage. Just knowing exactly what to do at what time is the trick to mastering him.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I'd say Bass is the biggest on risk/reward because of his OHs that can be charged.

Home Consumer

I'd say Bayman is the highest risk/reward character you can run with, with his high damage unique holds and offensive holds that need extremely good reflexes and foresight on the player's part. Bass probably comes just a bit behind him.

For those people who mentioned Hayabusa as high-risk, high-reward, do you feel that is how he plays now in DOA5? From my experience in DOA2U and DOA4, he has always been low-risk, high reward.

Brute

Standard Donor
For those people who mentioned Hayabusa as high-risk, high-reward, do you feel that is how he plays now in DOA5? From my experience in DOA2U and DOA4, he has always been low-risk, high reward.
Yes. That feature is new to DOA5. In 2-4 he was low risk, high-reward. Now he has very few safe moves and relies entirely on deception. Pure force no longer works.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD